ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Subtle mods.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Hi this is my girlfriends Clio Sport 172, Which we have been subtly modifying recently.

She has owned it since she was 19, so 2 years now, Its a mint example, immaculate throughout with only 23000 miles on the clock.

Currently its got the standard alloys in dark grey, a catback 2 1/2" powerflow exhaust, and lowered 40mm.

Future plans maybe are,

Put loads and loads of laquer on the wheels lol
Maybe some kind of front splitter.
Maybe a brake upgrade.

Anyone think of any nice mods for her to have on it?

cheers :rasp:

SDC14744.jpg

SDC14746.jpg

SDC14751.jpg

SDC14749.jpg

Dynamique Flamer
Looks very nice, very lucky she could afford it at 19!

I would get a splitter on it pronto though makes such a difference imo

172, BMW 120 Msport.
IIRC the cup spoilers are stupid money? lol nice but expensive lol

And im not to sure what the cup splitters are like? il have to have a look!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC the cup spoilers are stupid money? lol nice but expensive lol

And im not to sure what the cup splitters are like? il have to have a look!

LOL..not really, a new genuine Renault cup splitter will cost you more...

Cup spolier (painted iceberg) i paid £130
Renault cup splitter £150

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Not to bad for the spoiler i guess, but the splitter is quite expensive, She plans to keep it forever lol so il have a look around and see whats what!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Not to bad for the spoiler i guess, but the splitter is quite expensive, She plans to keep it forever lol so il have a look around and see whats what!

I've got a Carbon fibre K-TEC cup splitter on mine they are just over £100

3251356276_6aab33ea15.jpg

Or you can go down the Peugeot 308 route they are under £30 IIRC.

3865526525_22031d0b23_b.jpg

Hope this helps.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
nice, the 308 one looks ok for the money, i had a renault scenic one on my old 106 gti, and that was mint for £10 lol

Thanks for the help mate.

Iv been meaning to respray the calipers for a while, iv done one up to yet lol

Clio 182 BG
silverlines for example

whats with the interior? anything she like to have?

maybe coming home function for dark wintertimes;)

Golf GTD Mk7
have you considered the cupra r splitter, looks different and has more potential to do something.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Its just the lighting mate, there all fine.

I have seen the cupra splitters, there quite nice to be honest.

The interior is standard, bar her playboy mats lol.

Id like to add carbon parts, but i think its overpriced, but looks nice, but she will not pay the price for carbon lol

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
keep the wheels as they are, and a splitter is a must. i've not seen the 308 one before but it looks good. could be something to consider especially because of the suggested price?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Yeh il have a look about for one, I would pay a bit more, but she aint no where near as bothered about the modifying as me, mainly as most mods are dead money lol

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Just swapped the alloys today for some standard 182 alloys, These will be going dark grey in a few weeks.

Also may do the badges grey too as well as the diamonds.

Any suggestions on anything else?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Sorry for the really bad quality pics lol Gunna try and get some good ones soon.

Also may even clean it too lol

Nimbus Megane R26
side badges same colour as wheels with the writing kept silver to stand out?
small ariel?

looks a good car though and its hardly been run in!!

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Yeh gunna do the bullits same colour some point mate, Completly forgot about the ariel lol, small one it will be.

Yeh still really low miles, Alot of people dont like this low miles, but i dont thrash it, No need to really, So rather keep it low!

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Quick update...

Booked in for Cambelt kit, Aux belt, Water pump and service a week on monday. All for £415 so not to bad really.

Really need to get it cleaned, hasnt had a wash for 5 months, well a proper wash anyway.

Bought a load of new meguiars stuff to try out, just need the weather to go with it!

172, BMW 120 Msport.
They are only apex ones mate 40mm. I know a lot dont prefer them, but the car dont get much use, and they were cheap, look good and drives ok for my liking.!

Iceberg 172
Nice low mileage example but I'm not a lover of the 182 wheels.

I can't believe K Tec don't do a cheap plastic Cup Splitter... Renault wanted £175 for a new one!!!! BEaring in mind it's a 20mm max strip at the bottom of the bumper I thought that was a piss take!

Cup spoiler does look good.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Are you getting an aux belt kit aswell for 415? Or is it just the belt?

There was a guy selling 307 splitters on eBay for 15 quid delivered.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Getting All the belts, with water pump and service, Most of the cash there is parts, all Genuine too. Im owed a favour so labour isnt much of an issue.

Im not willing to pay so much cash for a cup spoiler, as personally i dont think there much difference.

Cheers for comments lads.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Getting All the belts, with water pump and service, Most of the cash there is parts, all Genuine too. Im owed a favour so labour isnt much of an issue.

Im not willing to pay so much cash for a cup spoiler, as personally i dont think there much difference.

Cheers for comments lads.

Well if you're getting a full aux belt kit with bearing and tensioner aswell then that's a really good deal.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Hes got the prices for the kits etc, as i said, i do work for him and he does it for me, So very hardly charge really. Hes just done my mates 182 too and done a mint job, Well 20 yrs working on french s**t he must no his stuff hehe :)

non sport
iv got my cambelt coming up this year...wish it was going to be as cheap as tht!!car looks nice mate

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Cheers mate, If you PM me when it is due, I can get you a full price for Genuine/Non genuine parts etc. Depends if its worthwhile you making a 35/40 mile trip to get it done.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Just picked it up this afternoon...

Had the following done...

Cambelt Kit fitted
Water pump
Aux belt
Other belt (forgot name)
Spark plugs
Oil and filter change
New filters
New rear pads.

I thought it drove smooth before, Drives even better now. Very pleased. :D