ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 182 Cup Inner Tie Rods

Clio 182 Cup
Hi I have a clio 182 cup and one of the inner tie rods has some play in it when I give it a pull. When I grab the tyre at 3 and 9 o'clock positions and give it a wobble I can feel there is some play on that wheel too.

I notice at motorway speeds that you need to correct the steering slightly on long bends (similar to correcting for a cross wind on a motorway at speed) and it is a bit unnerving. There is also a knock from the front wheel at slow speed over rough surfaces and when cold on full lock at very slow speed (eg when doing a 3 point turn) there's a clicking sound.

I assume (or hope!) these are caused by one problem (ie the track rods) but not sure, maybe there's more than one problem so any advice is appreciated before I buy parts.

I understand that the outer tie rods are the same for all 182s (can someone please confirm?) but for the cup model the inner tie rods are longer.

I can see on micks garage these parts when I use my number plate to identify parts..

http://www.micksgarage.com/search/inner tie rods/renault/renault clio/clio mk ii 1998 to 2005/2.0 16v sport (cb0m)/169?fffBrand=SWAG~~~Quinton Hazell~~~NK~~~MEYLE~~~KAST~~~Firstline~~~Febi Bilstein~~~FAI AutoParts

There are a few manufacturers there and lengths seem to vary, does anyone know what to order/whether to avoid the cheapest ones or are any of them OK? Thanks.

bloke

ClioSport Club Member
  dan's cast offs.
firstline are shite!! stopped using their stuff a good while ago, their stuff doesn't last.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182
firstline are shite!! stopped using their stuff a good while ago, their stuff doesn't last.

Agreed! Been there done that and then done it again a year later...

Digging up an old-ish thread here but what did you replace them with? If you look at my most recent thread I'm changing mine but I've got a choice of Q Drive which are apparently shite, the Firstline ones, FAI ones or genuine Renault ones.