ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Gordini vs Clio 197

DB.

BMW 440i
197 did better in the 2nd one than i thought it would?

Could be the driver, or is that just the diff?

Black 197
I'm sure if this video was the other way round it would be filled with comments

197's - Dont feel as fast but shows they are !

Black 197
Why do 197 owners constantly feel the need to defend there cars?

;)

Roffle

I wouldn't mind but its my car !!

TBH though if the video was the other way round this would be 10 pages long.. Been at work all day and was expecting this to be full with comments but nope nothing.. Proves again that 197's are not slow ;)

Clio 197 STOCK is faster than any Clio 1*2 STOCK in a drag race or on the track - I would say - especially on the track.

The Grobnik track:

Fastest Clio 172 that I know of: 1.56s
Fastest Clio 197 F1 that I know of: 1.53s

Both driven by amateurs.

The track.

P.S. I don't even need to mention that 197 was STOCK & 172 modified with semi slick tires? :D

P.P.S. Again, it wasn't my intention to provoke with this thread.

Proves again that 197's are not slow ;)

It just proves that some of the owners don't know how to drive them. ;)

Mine 197 (Red): Miltek exhaust & cat, K&N panel filter, remap

Blue 197: Magnex exhaust & cat, K&N panel filter, matched & polished inlets, cup alloys

[youtube]FL57wLDfp0s[/youtube]

Camera car LY R26

And here is the sequel:

Here am I in his, and he in my car:

[youtube]wzz-8IW8nSY[/youtube]

:lolup:

So, as I was saying before - SOME Clio 197 drivers don't know how to drive their car fast.

Clio Sport 172 phII
@raptor,

in the film, clio 182 vs 197, I had the race with same driver, so it was Clio 182 ( gordini, as in first movie 197 vs 182 - same driver ) vs Clio 182 ( domo you know him raptor, right? - yelow one ) vs me ( Clio 172 )
from 0-180km/h took the gordini by 6 car lenght , and the yelow one by 3 car lenght, so obviously in the movie 182 vs 197, 182 gordini was the slowest clio RS there is.. if it is couse of driver or by car I realy cant tell...

I hope I'll see you on meet ;)

All hot hatches are very similar in a drag. They all have 0-100mph times within a couple of seconds. An Astra VXR or Meg 230 wouldn't have been able to make much of an impact on either of those two cars in that scenario. People who think one hatch or another will rape another one in a straight line, are retarded.

@raptor,

in the film, clio 182 vs 197, I had the race with same driver, so it was Clio 182 ( gordini, as in first movie 197 vs 182 - same driver ) vs Clio 182 ( domo you know him raptor, right? - yelow one ) vs me ( Clio 172 )
from 0-180km/h took the gordini by 6 car lenght , and the yelow one by 3 car lenght, so obviously in the movie 182 vs 197, 182 gordini was the slowest clio RS there is.. if it is couse of driver or by car I realy cant tell...

I hope I'll see you on meet ;)

My 197 is, officially, the fastest 197 in the Croatia.

Second best is Balev's 197 - 15,01s I believe (and that's with: catcams, V6 airbox, matched inlets, decat, remap).

All of your 1*2 are modified, and 99,9% 197 aren't. None the less, I was faster than every 1*2 there is (except Domagoj's - we were the same - and you know how modified Domagoj's 172 is - and that was after the gearbox that he modified).

I'm faster with the STOCK 197 than: Jankinjo (172), Jem Hadar (172), Dinnek (172),...

I was on the meet - where were you?

Swift Sport
My 197 is, officially, the fastest 197 in the Croatia.

Second best is Balev's 197 - 15,01s I believe (and that's with: catcams, V6 airbox, matched inlets, decat, remap).

All of your 1*2 are modified, and 99,9% 197 aren't. None the less, I was faster than every 1*2 there is (except Domagoj's - we were the same - and you know how modified Domagoj's 172 is - and that was after the gearbox that he modified).

I'm faster with the STOCK 197 than: Jankinjo (172), Jem Hadar (172), Dinnek (172),...

I was on the meet - where were you?

Faster yeah?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
All hot hatches are very similar in a drag. They all have 0-100mph times within a couple of seconds. An Astra VXR or Meg 230 wouldn't have been able to make much of an impact on either of those two cars in that scenario. People who think one hatch or another will rape another one in a straight line, are retarded.

This is exactly right.

I have raced quite a few cars in various capacities over the years and unless you're racing an Evo or Sub with silly power it's fairly even. A couple of car lengths here or there and that's it.

I think the 197/200 are under-rated. Ppl think they are slow and it's far from the case.

?

Look at this video and ask yourself again:

[YOUTUBE]pSxRxHMsl3E[/YOUTUBE]

The camera car is a STOCK R26. It's so much faster than the Clio...

Mk4 .:R32
LOL at the first vid. Is the driver in the 182 mentally disabled? or did he just start in second? a 1 litre micra could have got a better start against a 197 than that.

Black 197
LOL at the first vid. Is the driver in the 182 mentally disabled? or did he just start in second? a 1 litre micra could have got a better start against a 197 than that.

^^ lol

But to your answer in the first vid the 1*2 driver started with TC on

Golf GTD Mk7
there is no way the 197 pull that much more to be honest. I've dragged with a few and they are both identical, 182 might edge it slightly due to power to weight. not really noticable. Put it down to crap driving in the vids ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There haven't been many responses as you're comparing modified cars. Pretty sure the sc'd 172 would muller a 197, does this prove that the 172 is a faster car? Of course not.
Clio 197 STOCK is faster than any Clio 1*2 STOCK in a drag race or on the track - I would say - especially on the track.

The Grobnik track:

Fastest Clio 172 that I know of: 1.56s
Fastest Clio 197 F1 that I know of: 1.53s

Both driven by amateurs.

The track.

P.S. I don't even need to mention that 197 was STOCK & 172 modified with semi slick tires? :D

P.P.S. Again, it wasn't my intention to provoke with this thread.
The above is completely meaningless. Different drivers, possibly on different days? Proves f**k all! To make a genuine comparison, you need both cars on the same track, same day, same driver. Like this:

Bedford
Clio Trophy 1.34.0
197 Cup 1.34.2