ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Gordini vs Clio 197

To make a genuine comparison, you need both cars on the same track, same day, same driver. Like this:

Bedford
Clio Trophy 1.34.0
197 Cup 1.34.2

OK, I agree - but if you want to be/have precise results - you should take the cars on a couple of tracks - with hard corners, with slower corners...maybe on the different track the result would be different.

I believe you all remember the video where Clio 200 is fast like the Focus RS, and the video where Focus RS is faster than the Megane250? Does that mean that the Clio 200 is faster than the Megane250, and hence, Clio Trophy is faster than the Megane250?

I think not. Of course, you might say - different drivers again. But I think it ALSO has to do something with the track tested on...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
OK, I agree - but if you want to be/have precise results - you should take the cars on a couple of tracks - with hard corners, with slower corners...maybe on the different track the result would be different.

I believe you all remember the video where Clio 200 is fast like the Focus RS, and the video where Focus RS is faster than the Megane250? Does that mean that the Clio 200 is faster than the Megane250, and hence, Clio Trophy is faster than the Megane250?

I think not. Of course, you might say - different drivers again. But I think it ALSO has to do something with the track tested on...
Indeed, but there's no need for anyone to carry out such a test really. Tracks tend to flatter NA engines with peakier power delivery. On the road it's a different story, the Meg/Focus vid was on the road.

Even if the 197 was genuinely 3s quicker per lap, I still wouldn't have one as I find them relatively uninteresting to drive. The fact that it's no quicker, uses a load more fuel to go the same speed, and has no genuine advantage in terms of build, means it's not the car for me.

RS 172
Clio 197 STOCK is faster than any Clio 1*2 STOCK in a drag race or on the track - I would say - especially on the track.

The Grobnik track:

Fastest Clio 172 that I know of: 1.56s
Fastest Clio 197 F1 that I know of: 1.53s

Both driven by amateurs.

The track.

P.S. I don't even need to mention that 197 was STOCK & 172 modified with semi slick tires? :D

P.P.S. Again, it wasn't my intention to provoke with this thread.

what semi slick tires?? I know my time, and it was on toyo t1r...

Vedran182 has made 1,55...

what semi slick tires?? I know my time, and it was on toyo t1r...

Vedran182 has made 1,55...

Oh, my bad. I was wrong because of your new Compomotives...:D

C ya tomorrow...;)

P.S. As you can read in this topic - you can't drive for sh*t. You've lost from the stock 197, and they claim that 1*2 are faster. :rasp:

P.P.S. Vedran's car is STOCK? :rasp:

uses a load more fuel..., and has no genuine advantage in terms of build, means it's not the car for me.

I agree with everything here, and if I've known that before, I would never buy a 197.

But the fact is - 197 is faster, and "more serious" car. But, unfortunately, not in the terms of better quality, on the contrary...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I agree with everything here, and if I've known that before, I would never buy a 197.

But the fact is - 197 is faster, and "more serious" car. But, unfortunately, not in the terms of better quality, on the contrary...
Nonsense. And it appears you've been telling porkies shirley.:nono::rasp:

Turbo LY R27
This is exactly right.

I have raced quite a few cars in various capacities over the years and unless you're racing an Evo or Sub with silly power it's fairly even. A couple of car lengths here or there and that's it.

I think the 197/200 are under-rated. Ppl think they are slow and it's far from the case.

+1 mate! There all even really on the road, think it just comes down to how they drive.

Thats prob why some people are deffensive of the 197/200's coz they really are soo underrated!