ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 racing blue turbo build

clio 182
This is the start of my turbo build that I am going to be doing.

My plan of action is:

Megane pistons and rods with uprated arp condos bolts.
uprated valves and valve springs
Megane head gasket
Gt28 turbo
and the usual other parts needed for the turbo build.

I'm hoping to get a rind 270-280 bhp.

clio 182
This is the beaut I will be working on :p x

Attachments

• IMG_20141123_182343.jpg
    IMG_20141123_182343.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 310
  clio 182
I've already got my megane pistons and rods, got the pistons with the rings worn for £40 so will replace the rings!.... bargain IMO. ... They are in great condition other than rings tbf

Attachments

• IMG_20141212_164556.jpg
    IMG_20141212_164556.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  clio 182
Also got an intercooler, it's a ebay special as I'm aware of? Toyosport? I have seen people using these on there builds what sort of way shall I do of fitting it and has anyone using this intercooler had any troubles? Does the ktec pipework fit it?

Attachments

• IMG_20141218_220924.jpg
    IMG_20141218_220924.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  172 cup, Impreza P1
Will still foul iirc and that would be a bit counter productive unless timing them up with advance.

dan's cast offs.
they clear, had one over to chris at efi he was saying clears but obviously needs dephaser 'taking out' on ecu.

clio 182
So I can use uprated valves? I wasn't planning on machining pockets as I didn't realise they foul? Hmm.. also thinking on using the ph1 fuel sender with the walbro 255 pump... just need to find a ph1 sender first lol.... anyone got any good experience with turbos not sure what type gt28 to use!! :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
So I can use uprated valves? I wasn't planning on machining pockets as I didn't realise they foul? Hmm.. also thinking on using the ph1 fuel sender with the walbro 255 pump... just need to find a ph1 sender first lol.... anyone got any good experience with turbos not sure what type gt28 to use!! :smile:

I use a ph1 sender with walbro 255lph pump. Low boost you'd be fine with a 225lph pump.

I also use gt2860rs turbo but not mapped yet so can't tell you how it performs. Lol

dan's cast offs.

i have to admit that i'd hooked the solenoid back up as the car came in as an un finished project, few bits of loom chopped out including map sensor!! fortunately car only had standard ecu on so was only getting it ready to go to chris for new ecu and map, was when i was talking to him that he said about leaving it un plugged, lucky as i hadn't even thought about clearance issues with the meg pistons.

what sort of turbos can you quote me bud??

give me a model and price you can get it for and i'll see what i can do for you.

clio 182
i have to admit that i'd hooked the solenoid back up as the car came in as an un finished project, few bits of loom chopped out including map sensor!! fortunately car only had standard ecu on so was only getting it ready to go to chris for new ecu and map, was when i was talking to him that he said about leaving it un plugged, lucky as i hadn't even thought about clearance issues with the meg pistons.

give me a model and price you can get it for and i'll see what i can do for you.

I can get a gt2871r for £695 x looking for a turbo around that sort of price anything cheaper is a bonus ! I don't really want the ktec one.

clio 182
I also have ordered the manifold from America which fits the f4r engine, it was recommended on one of the forum posts, but jw if anyone has used this manifold and is it ok ?

clio 182
Yes mate that's the one I ordered ! Bargain in my eyes! It'll do for me! Has anyone used this or seen it used? Same cast iron so 300 quid saved which I can put towards something else :)

clio 182
Exactly. Good buy indeed.

Guess youve got the the ktec mani on yours??, what intercooler pipework have you used for yours> i got a mate of mine in same town as me building the same build as me, he is making his own pipework he bought the ebay pipework you can get an join them all up until it fits so i dont know whether to do the same, the only thing is itll look a tiny bit tatty, something like the ktec pipework will look neat! if it dont fit my toyosport intercooler i can always fabricate the pipework to make it fit ?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Lol, no its not the ktec manifold I have. I bought it new but second hand if you know what I mean but didn't pay anyway near that.

All my pipework is custom 2.5" diameter. I use a XS Power intercooler from a 200SX.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Megane pistons work fine, Andy at ct will help you with timing specs I'm sure

clio 182
Lol, no its not the ktec manifold I have. I bought it new but second hand if you know what I mean but didn't pay anyway near that.

All my pipework is custom 2.5" diameter. I use a XS Power intercooler from a 200SX.

Does the 200sx intercooler okay then does it?? Sounds ideal! !

172 cup, Impreza P1
Does the 200sx intercooler okay then does it?? Sounds ideal! !
Most intercoolers will work if you make them fit. I wanted 2.5" pipework with either straight or 90deg ports. The one I got had straight ports but when making the pipework just make it to suit your route.

clio 182
A quick update :

I bought the ktec "turbo" filter

But have got it fitted anyway and fitted a ktec decat, the car sounds mint with the original yozza! I wonder what it'll sound like with turbo ! There no better exhaust than the original yozza no sound like it!! In my opinion! !

The manifold still hasn't arrived !

Also purchased some turinis for £250 with Good tyres ! Bargain in my eyes!

The best till last I got a v6 spoiler off the trophy for £200!!!! With boot struts so can't wait till that arrives!

Next on the list is to buy my own pipework which I will make myself I have decided!! I have seen auto silicone hoses site and I priced up everything I need and has come to 180 pound for the hoses and pipes so that saves me like another 200 quid !! :D

172 cup, Impreza P1
It will sound a lot quieter once turbod but still sounds good. It's a decated yozza I have and was a lot noisier when it was NA.