ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 to Audi TT Convertable

Shhh
Should i..?

Prob have about £11,500 to spend on a new 2nd hand car... (£7k p/x on mine and £4,500 cash).

Not enjoying the clio at the moment, need something to spruce me life up..

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
The 3.2 V6 is the only one which is acceptable and it must have a roof. No nansy pansy cabrio bullshit. :D

Inferno 182
The TT came bottom of the JD power survey so if the owners think they`re crap and unreliable Id get something better.

My mates got a TT convertable and he`s had a few problems and so have is other friends. When they go wrong they are expensive to repair so you really need to love a TT to want one.

Der Panzer
The 1.8T running at 225 is alright. Not as quick as it should be though. Bags for torque from the 3.2, moves effortlessly.

Personally for that kind of money I'd look at an S3 or LCR.

and they haven't got real Quattro.

LY 200
As much as i like them looks wise and interior wise i dont think it will spruce up your life if you want a car you enjoy driving.

Although you feel the daddy behind the dash sat in those nice sears they are nowhere near as much fun as the Clio and from past exp even the 225 isnt game for the RS pace wise.

Cup 172
Sorry to say this mate...

But TTs are pretty gay. Driven by mid-life crisis men, salesmen from the car phone warehouse and older ladies who look like extras from Dallas.

And thats just the hard tops.

cock mobile.
TT is a posers car.

If you want a convertible get an S2000 GT, always fancied one of them, 240 Bhp RWD fun :)

Or a 350Z, but I prefer the hard top version on them myself.

LY V6 with Recaros
I prefere the hardtop version of most convertables, not really a fan of the tt convertable, but I like it in the hardtop, lookswise. I think they should be faster though! I'd rather go for the 350Z or S2000 personally though.

350Z and 172 Cup
Cars that are designed originally to be convertible look good, but when they just chop the roof off (TT, 350Z, that god awful Golf!! etc) it spoils the car and the hardtop is better IMO.

Get a mid - late 90's M3, can't have more fun than that! If you are after the TT then get the hatch, it looks so much better! 1.8's the engine, you can have that up to 300bhp for next nothing.

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
TT is a posers car.

If you want a convertible get an S2000 GT, always fancied one of them, 240 Bhp RWD fun :)

I don't think he could go too wrong with an S2000.

I would imagine the only downside is the MPG.
Everything else is going to be practical and stylish...?
Ideally I'll get a 182 next then progress up to one myself. :p

Shhh
Well ive had loads & loads of clio problems, was looking at the SLK or the TT. Feeling that i can afford one, i may well buy one now. Clio 182 needs a tax, tyres, discs end of the month so maybe time to chop it in and get rid.

Did look at the hard top, and the soft top. Never owned a soft top so it would be the softtop.. and it would either be the 1.8T 180bhp or the 225hp. Nothing bigger as trying to reduce mpg. It would either be in silver, red or blue.

I drive a racing blue clio 182 with stripes, so i need something a little more..calmer.

BMW 328 Ci
TT is a posers car.

I don't think he could go too wrong with an S2000.

I would imagine the only downside is the MPG.
Everything else is going to be practical and stylish...?
Ideally I'll get a 182 next then progress up to one myself. :p

Jap cars are always a bit like sitting in a bin bag (to quote clarkson), the Audi will have it easy in that department.
Personally at those prices I would be tempted by something like a 540i Sport (Looks like an M5), or even a Vauxhall Monaro, but maybe thats my odd tastes. You could even get a 330Ci Vert for those prices if you want the wind in your hair.

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Yeah, you'll get about as good a S2000 as you will a TT for 12k, both not A1 I wouldn't have thought at all. A decent 540i/330 probably exceeds that.

Whats wrong with your 182?! :p :( Give it to me :D ;)

Clio 172 mk2
Sorry to say this mate...

But TTs are pretty gay. Driven by mid-life crisis men, salesmen from the car phone warehouse and older ladies who look like extras from Dallas.

And thats just the hard tops.

PMSL...great comment:)

12k.....go for a good S3

Lotus Elise 111R
Agree with the above comments, girls look great in them....

Also, don't buy a silver one, it was said a couple of years ago that the silver ones that Audi dealers will not even p/x them at any price as they were so common it was damaging the brand!!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
OH COME ON!!! I can't even say shite its not even a swear word. f**king hell. S H I T E isn't a swear word.

Neither is scunthorpe.

Golf 7R
If you like to be unoriginal and see other drivers like yourself every other car get a TT, if you prefer something a tad rarer and a fantastic drive for that money id get an S2000 for me!

Shhh
well, need something that will hold its price in the future. A Z3 is out as i wont get one for the cash that i like. Want something newer than Y reg.

Shall be a convertable. Shall be something like an audi or that level of quality.

Vaxhaul, Renault, Fold, Rover are all out.

BMW 328 Ci
Not really many other choices then.

Saab 9-3 Vert and Volvo C5 Vert (good engines) are both in the price and age range but niether probably have the image you want. 3 Series is only just out your price range, you could haggle down?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Had a TT 3.2 Quattro in where i work recently. Cracking engine and was pretty pokey and had a nice noise when given a bootful but it drove like a boat.
Too much scuttle shake and it reminded me of the older shape Saab 93 Convertibles...just felt it flexing too much.

And then a guy i work with summed it up when we stopped to put petrol in....he simply said "god i feel like a gay estate agent yuppie type in this thing...get us out of here"

The novelty quickly wore off

Shhh
Thanks for your inputs, well it all depends on the renault warranty thing.

The car is prob worth £7000 now (04 plate 182), and ive looked that if i re-do the loan (ie.. 48months x £270) i can push to about £12,000 on a replacement car. The car has to be the one that will last and hold its value better than the clio in 2 years time.

Therefore the thought of a RHD TT or something like that would be better than a nearly new 197 or so..