ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 182 Track Car & Daily Projects

Jon Wright

ClioSport Club Member
The weather was determined to stop me finishing the car today with hail and rain pretty much the theme of the day.

I plowed on regardless and got the new radiator and hoses in. You can see the old rad has seen better days.

55EE43F3-04AE-4EEF-95B7-A309E29E5323.jpeg
9882D466-826D-47E0-BBCE-A7FADEFAADBD.jpeg

Picked up a Nissen radiator off EBay via Denmark. Took 6 days but for £60 it was worth the wait.

Got the inlets on, bled the radiator, then stuck some new genuine gearbox & engine oil in. Battery on and 4 turns later it fired up.

27BE0CF1-43F7-461A-97F2-5D13CB05ACB5.jpeg

No more photos as it literally was dark by the time I finished but it drives superb. I never knew a clutch could be so light on one of these.

I’ll be driving it to work all week so fingers crossed nothing falls off, but so far so good.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, Clio 220 T
Yeah I agree. I tried to get a new one but you can’t get them anymore.
That's annoying. So many parts now NLA. I was lucky I bought a lot of new parts over the 8 years I have had mine that are now NLA.

I bought a genuine one which the part number was 7701470460, pricey but I like genuine where possible.

Jon Wright

ClioSport Club Member
A lap from Croft last week. Had some really good laps as there wasn't much out on circuit so could get a nice rythmn going. According to my Go Pro this was my PB which is good as everytime i go there i seem to improve slightly - just a confidence thing being old and all that - unless it's raining of course :ROFLMAO:

I might invest in some proper data logging equipment for 2022 to take the guesswork out of it.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Decent lap, its class when its quiet as can get loads of hot laps in. One of my mates was there and said there was hardly anybody booked on, i was going to come over but fully booked at work.

Jon Wright

ClioSport Club Member
Decent lap, its class when its quiet as can get loads of hot laps in. One of my mates was there and said there was hardly anybody booked on, i was going to come over but fully booked at work.
Yeah I couldn’t believe it Jon when I saw how empty the garages and car park were. I think in the afternoon there was 6 cars on circuit at any given time. One of the best days I’ve had there. What was your mate in?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
He was in the silver megane 225 on turinis, usually goes out for endurance sessions on track.

Im a bit gutted that i didn't make a trackday there this year, but should be fully prepared for next spring fingers crossed.

Jon Wright

ClioSport Club Member
He was in the silver megane 225 on turinis, usually goes out for endurance sessions on track.

Im a bit gutted that i didn't make a trackday there this year, but should be fully prepared for next spring fingers crossed.
Ah he was in the garage next door to me. I was chatting to him later in the day after following him and an ST Fiesta around for a few laps. He can certainly pedal a car that's for sure.