ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Vs Saxo VTS Sanremo

Cupra
Nice vid indeed... needed to be cliosport.net at the end rather than cliosport.com though. ;)

That saxo kept up surprisingly well too!

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Did the clio mishift or bounce off the limiter on the drag race? It seemed to just stop accelerating for a while.

Looks like the Saxo's lightweight has the edge on lower revs, and the 5k kick has the edge on the 182.

What mods have been done to the Sanremo? Visually it's quite nice.

Although; why do ALL saxo drivers drive around with their chin on the steering wheel...? My mate is the same...I just don't get it... headrest; use it.

-Akira

Quick google revealed LAD reffers to L.A.D. Motorsports, apparently they offer various Saxo tuning kits.

-Akira

Oh, and some quick maths;

Saxo
160bhp
935kg
171 bhp/tonne

Clio
182bhp
1090kg
166 bhp/tonne

Apparently the Saxo should have a good 5% advantage.

-Akira

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
LAD aren't too well liked on here Akira,lol. Think they're known to turn out crap cars. Nice vid though.

LY 200
Id it had 160bhp it wouldve cained a standard 182.

Imo of corse.

Good vid regardless :approve:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
From the drag shots it is obvious the Clio has a t least 2 people on board but I can only see one in the Paxo. Weight advantage?

Dubai182 said:
LAD aren't too well liked on here Akira,lol. Think they're known to turn out crap cars. Nice vid though.

no bodys said theyre crap... just that they over guestimate their figures.

prob looking at 130bhp..

Pikey Truck
no way 130 bhp, more like 145-150 tbh!!

especially when its pretty much keeping up with that 182!!

Black 172 MK2
very nice video. was the saxo guy at FCS think he was lined up infront of me on the 0-60 with his misses

Snotter's
HAHAHAHA the "sanremo" is well known as utter shite,lad quoting there silly figures again.To get the vts to 160 bhp it would need to be cammed and it would edge a 182.If i remember correctly all lad did was fit an induction kit,de cat and exhaust so its probably putting out around 130 bhp max