ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Z20LET 2.0T Conversion

Clio 182
Hi all,

Finally got round to sorting out pictures from my project car, here to share them if anyone is interested.

A mate had a Z20LET converted Corsa C which I got involved with, and another had a 182, one thing led to another and here we are.
Rebuilt the Vauxhall Z20LET engine from an Astra GSI with Astra VXR turbo, running the F23 5 speed with Calibra Turbo 4x4 clutch and new machined S155 solid driveshafts.
Converted to hydraulic clutch to suit the F23 gearbox.
EPAS conversion due to clearance of the hydraulic pump and rack.
Runs a Walbro 255 in tank, with fuel rail pressure regulator and external filter.
Runs the Astra ECU and clocks, with the clio fuel sender all works great.

Will be posting a video of the build with more detail sometime soon again if anyone is interested,

Thanks,

Pete

10.jpg

20.jpg

30.jpg

40.jpg

50.jpg

60.jpg

70.jpg

80.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

100.jpg

110.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

140.jpg

150.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

180.jpg

190.jpg

200.jpg

210.jpg

220.jpg

20160701_212919.jpg

20160701_201102.jpg

20160701_213850.jpg

230.jpg

240.jpg

250.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

Clio 182
Thanks guys,

Shes not mapped yet as have only had it on the road for 3 weeks or so running it in, but approx 220,
Engine as built capable of a bit over 300 but project target is 280.

Goes and sounds fantastic though, very pleased.

Clio 182 Track Car
Really like that. Big fan of the z20let. Had a coupe turbo running approx 300bhp a few years back, they make an incredible noise when de-catted. Would love to see this in the flesh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
That looks awesome mate. The work that's gone into that is amazing.
It looks very oem aswell. Them clocks look 100% better than the clio ones.

330i. E30 Touring.
Great workmanship, but i kind of have to question why when you can boost the F4R reliably now for not a huge amount of money.

Clio 182
I was expecting some real 'back yard' mechanics, but that looks impeccably executed - top drawer.

I love the clocks too, they look better than the Renault ones!

Thanks man,

Yeah Im really pleased with the clocks, took a little bit of cutting of the dash and bracketry to get the fit right as they are like twice the depth of the standard clocks,

Funny thing I hadn't realized is that the clio indicator click comes from a speaker on the back of the clocks so had to run a new beeper behind the clocks to have the audio to the flash,

Clio 182
Boy got skillz :spanner::nut: :up:

I would guess you work in Motorsport

Sent from my MacBook using Fingers and Thumbs

Thanks bud, I am in engineering but not motorsport, like to keep my cars as a hobby at the mo! Commute in this is the one though!

Clio 182
Awesome! Only thing I would change is have the fmic painted black. It looks a bit aftermarket at the moment

I debated over this for quite a while, did quite a few MS paint mock ups! Final logic was I can start silver and paint it later if I wanted to. When it was mounted up I was quite pleased with it as it keeps the front end bright and balanced IMO. Was thinking that it probably wouldn't be long until the black would chip off then the only way to fix it was more paint which after a while I would imagine would start to decrease the efficiency.