ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 in new Evo Magazine

Leon Cupra 300
is this a turbo engine? won't a chip address most performanc issues?

plus 197ish bhp powers mk5 golf gti quite nicely so wont be too sluggish :)

philmots said:
is this a turbo engine? won't a chip address most performanc issues?

plus 197ish bhp powers mk5 golf gti quite nicely so wont be too sluggish :)
None normally aspirated power.
Shouldn't be to bad but for the extra power it won't be any real world quicker.

Skoda Fabia vRS
xscuseless.gif

190 BHP Willy 2
The new 207 is where its going to be at. There planning on releasing a 280bhp version late 2007.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
The thing that you have to think about, is that weight kills any good car. Even if it does have another 15bhp over the current model, its a full 140kg heavier, which will mean it might be as fast, but it will never feel like it is.

The determining rule is that weight is the key factor to any car, and adding weight to an already great car can never do it any good.

I never thought I would be saying this but maybe I will go for the cup. But I doubt it will be what the 172 cup was to the 172, it will probably be more along the lines of the 182 cup to the 182. A lot of nice features removed, with no real gain in performance.

And £16k starting price? Thats what mine RRP'd at with over £1500 of options!

There is a bit of jealously in me that a newer model of my car is coming out, but depending on what it is like I don't think that I would own one.

Might move to something more powerful next time. I always fancied an Astra VXR. Or maybe I will sack the hot hatch and go for RWD :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
polarbert said:
The thing that you have to think about, is that weight kills any good car. Even if it does have another 15bhp over the current model, its a full 140kg heavier, which will mean it might be as fast, but it will never feel like it is.

The determining rule is that weight is the key factor to any car, and adding weight to an already great car can never do it any good.

I never thought I would be saying this but maybe I will go for the cup. But I doubt it will be what the 172 cup was to the 172, it will probably be more along the lines of the 182 cup to the 182. A lot of nice features removed, with no real gain in performance.

And £16k starting price? Thats what mine RRP'd at with over £1500 of options!

There is a bit of jealously in me that a newer model of my car is coming out, but depending on what it is like I don't think that I would own one.

Might move to something more powerful next time. I always fancied an Astra VXR. Or maybe I will sack the hot hatch and go for RWD :D

I'm also not to keen on the weight gain side of it, i think it will ruin it. At the moment the 182 is still my favorite.

Trophy No. 440
Debuting at the Geneva Motorshow:

Mazda 3 MPS, 2.3 litre turbo, 240bhp, six-speed box, 0-60 just over 6 secs, top speed approx 150, priced around £16000. (from this weeks Auto Express)

The Clio 197 is going to be up against some stiff competition soon :eek:

Clio 172 Mk2
big hp said:
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/peugeot-207-geneva.htm

Peugeot claims that the new engine produces 202kW or 280bhp @ 8500rpm, which is almost unheard of in a road-going 2.0-litre vehicle without the use of turbochargers.

While the daring 207 RCup generates 202kW of power, Subaru's 2.5-litre Impreza WRX manages 169kW - and that's with the help of turbocharging.

Yeah i was reading about the 207 R-Cup the other day, sounds very impressive but I cant see it being under 28k.

I cant see the point in a new renaultsport coming out if its not going to be faster with a higher price tag. Each revison of cars should be noticable quicker.

Next 3-4 years im probbley getting a Focus RS (or ST), Golf R32, depending how much money I have. Looks like Renault has fucked up with this.

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 182
Got my copy of the mag through yesterday. The car looks ok IMO, nowhere near as nice/stunning as the Concept was. I'm liking the Brembo brakes...but not much else really does it for me.
Will be interesting to see how it compares to the current 172/182, performance and handling wise.

172 cup TT
maybe the 207 is going to be the new Clio soon... all with it getting a decent performance version AND then a mental version too ala(RS + Vee)

106 GTi
FishThrower said:
Yeah i was reading about the 207 R-Cup the other day, sounds very impressive but I cant see it being under 28k.

I doubt it will even make it that far, will be another one of Pugs concepts that never gets anywhere near the road. They have done so many other things like that in the past.

Renaultsport 220T
The Peugeot 207 R-Cup is a concept for a new rally car. It will never be available as a road car. The article in Autoexpress this week was a complete fabrication.

:D

Damn it, my copy arrived over the weekend but I've only flicked through it so far - didn't notice the article on the new Clio! And now the mags at home, I'm at work, and won't get to read it til tonight... :rolleyes:

Did read the Clio V6 article - I really wouldn't mind a vee someday.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I hope they do a cup version of the 197 and hopefully they can work the magic again like the original 172 cup and shave maybe 100kg of the thing.Then you would have a proper car...
Also noticed that its 48mm wider at the front and 50mm wider at the rear so if they can make it lighter then you would have a real tight handling car with good power...

ian

Octavia VRS
Gonna wait and see what the 197 looks like in the flesh. Will buy evo tonight and read that article.
If I don't like the look of it I could be saving for the new CTR as I don't like the looks of the 207 either

I'm still undecided - there's lots of little suspension changes that should work well so it may still be able to corner decently despite the increased weight. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!