ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 20th anniversary £22k, insurance £1.3k what to do?

Merc
Hi all,
Afer going through these forums and researching renaultsport etc I grew fond of the clio 200 (20th anniversary in particular) so i visited my local dealer. They located a new 20th for me at around 22k, problem is there is only "one" remaining and because i am so fond of it i think i will lay a 10% deposit on Monday. In pics it looks stunning what do you guys think?

The insurance will set me back £1360 as i had no policy and im 23. Where i live we dont have to pay tax nor road tax on the vehicles so atleast i save some pennies there lol. Advice is much welcomed. Should i go for it.....?

PH1 iceburg
22k for a clio. Please please dont do it. You would be better off spending 15K on a mint v6.

Not a 320d
Lot of money for insurance isnt it?

£1300 just to drive around.

In a clio?

Up to you pal! decide what you want to spend your money on, Im sure your not a child at 23 and are capable of making your own desicions.

Listerine & Poledo
someone said get a V6 instead, I'm with them. It wont lose 1/2 its value in 18 months, it's much, much, MUCH cooler and it's the ultimate in Clio.

the money you save on teh car will pay the extra on your premium too, and the tax, servicing and probably a couple of months of fuel

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fpmsl! V6 and a smeg 250? He's struggling to get a decent quote on a 200 ffs!

CS at it's best.

I suggest an old M5 and pocket the change. Not the toll though.

330i. E30 Touring.
Fpmsl! V6 and a smeg 250? He's struggling to get a decent quote on a 200 ffs!

CS at it's best.

I suggest an old M5 and pocket the change. Not the toll though.

LOL.

And you're suggesting an M5, if insurance is going to be expensive on a Clio?!

No different, Buckfast.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The fact you never got that post pains me. Failsport colleagues are shaking their head.

Merc
Thanks all for the replies. I have to add that the Clio rs200 entry level here starts at £18,300 so i would be spending an extra £3,700 to get a special edition with all the spec plus i will be the only one in Gibraltar to have this car. The car is currently sitting in the Canary islands and would be shipped by my local dealer. And too add, some guys suggesting a V6, M5, rs250... There is no chance at all of getting those insured, out of around 12 insurance companies only 2 will insure me the rs200. More suggestion welcomed as some of you guys are givng me second thoughts.

Oh and cars here in Gibraltar retain more of their value than in the UK for some reason, but ye depreciation is always a factor with any car.

I know its quite basic on the inside, but I get total exclusivity and imo a stunning car. I'll try to haggle to see if i can get anything off.

I guess if it's only a little bit more than the standard 200 and you're that bothered about exclusivity then it makes sense. It's only exclusive until someone else buys one though!

Could you look out for a second hand RS Trophy instead? I doubt there are many on Gibralta as only 500 were made.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is this the gordini?

If it is i'd save the £3k and get a standard one, much better looking and not really missing anything you need.

21 Turbo
Mate, as I learned yesterday, life is short, you really dont know whats around the corner and as fast as you spend money, its as sure as s**t that you'll earn some more the day after.

If you can afford it and theres nowt else that takes yor fancy, go for it.

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
in october i paid...6k for a ff 182 in MINT condition with only 15,000 miles on the clock! I couldnt be happier with it! yes its a 200 but an extra 16k! i think not....

Merc
I guess if it's only a little bit more than the standard 200 and you're that bothered about exclusivity then it makes sense. It's only exclusive until someone else buys one though!

Could you look out for a second hand RS Trophy instead? I doubt there are many on Gibralta as only 500 were made.

There's only one clio rs in Gibraltar and another one has been ordered so mine wud be the third and only special edition.

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
sounds like u have mostly made ur mind up !! go for it u only live once. as it is one of a few there if u sell it wont that keep the price up ??

Merc
Mate, as I learned yesterday, life is short, you really dont know whats around the corner and as fast as you spend money, its as sure as s**t that you'll earn some more the day after.

If you can afford it and theres nowt else that takes yor fancy, go for it.

You have hit the nail in the head m8. If we dont indulge on what we like in life then what do we do.

Mini Cooper S
Go for it mate. It's a great car, prices are different where you are. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Merc
CL10rsz it could keep the price up due to exclusivity. But i recall a Focus RS (only one in my Gibraltar) second hand for sale @ 24k and spent a good two months on the side roads until it was sold, but who's to say that id even sell the car if i fall in love with it lol.