ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
im dont rate the trip i fill my car reset everything it settles at 61mpg if i reset it per trip is claiming 70mpg so go figure

from the lowest claimed figures
the 1,2 at best id expect 37mpg
the tce strange as it sounds 38mpg
1.5dci 86 my car 54mpg which tbh is doing no problems and more
so you could say you get a few more miles out of all of them

Lol, stop resetting it every trip then. It's not how the computer is meant to work.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Sorry, I totally misread your original post. I thought you were one of these clowns who could not get their hear around why you were not getting a million mpg when just driving in town.

I see now that yours is being somewhat optimistic. :eek:

Sorry, I totally misread your original post. I thought you were one of these clowns who could not get their hear around why you were not getting a million mpg when just driving in town.

I see now that yours is being somewhat optimistic. :eek:

the actual figures arent too shabby but it does make you question mpg claims by renault an rs owners :eek:

Last edited:
  Clio GT
how does the GT handle? I have a Dyn-S and i think its a bit disappoiting at best.

The gt handles well. Grips well even in the wet on roundabouts. I didn't choose the understeer option .... I am impressed overall as I've had some poor handling vehicles in the past.

Polo + Micra
The gt handles well. Grips well even in the wet on roundabouts. I didn't choose the understeer option .... I am impressed overall as I've had some poor handling vehicles in the past.

i bet it does get some good roundabout use in the bran lol

Not a 320d
Dealer rang me this morning :D

Shes here, i collect it Monday. Popped in on the way home from college to see it. Im a little excited now seeing as i didnt think i was getting it untill the end of the month.

Rang Aviva for the weeks free insurance and got a years quote fully comp whilst i was at it..... £2600 LOL. I laughed and politely said i wasnt interested. On that note. my 1.2 costs about £600 a year fully comp with my current insurer admiral, and they quoted me an extra £51.69 :)

Apparantly its going to get valeted by the dealers ffs :(

06112009077.jpg

God dammit i need spacers. Anyone know the best place to get some H&R spacers from ?

Shes here, i collect it Monday. Popped in on the way home from college to see it. Im a little excited now seeing as i didnt think i was getting it untill the end of the month.

Rang Aviva for the weeks free insurance and got a years quote fully comp whilst i was at it..... £2600 LOL. I laughed and politely said i wasnt interested. On that note. my 1.2 costs about £600 a year fully comp with my current insurer admiral, and they quoted me an extra £51.69 :)

06112009077.jpg

God dammit i need spacers. Anyone know the best place to get some H&R spacers from ?

mint tell them not to bother cleaning it ;) any extras on it ?

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
Nope just standard im a cheap skate. I wanted the Reach adjustable steering column and the bluetooth option but i couldnt stretch.

Getting about 55mpg on my diesel GT.

The best part of my car is having the tomtom with bluetooth hands free and ipod connection. I really miss it if I'm in someone elses car without all that. Well worth the extra expense in my opinion.

Clio GT

06112009077.jpg

Mine was valeted also.... i agree don't let them do it. The interior was lovely but they left polish in places on mine which i wasn't happy about.

The extras are nice to have but i think the sat nav option is over priced. The bluetooth is a good idea if you go on long drives and get lots of phone calls all the time, if you don't i think its a waste.

Your certainly not a cheap skate for not taking any upgrades. The GT comes fully equipped with most options as standard, where you could be forking out s**t loads with other cars.

Hope you enjoy your new car mate, glad the day is here for you :D

Clio GT
I bought a RCA Audio to Ipod connection lead for £12.99 online. I now play my ipod all the time. So its not all bad if you didn't take the audio upgrade.

320d

Why the hell would anybody actually want this. Do cars drive themselfs these days. It baffles me why cars need ESP, Tracton control, Understeer control....... Especially a Clio.

Black 182 FF
I seriously like the look of those more than the 200's, first time I've seen one in this thread the other day too.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I changed all my audio (Search for my threads in Clio Media).

I also only have the Paint as an option. I could do with reach steering as i have rate long legs.

Not a 320d

I also only have the Paint as an option. I could do with reach steering as i have rate long legs.

Same, Didnt see the point in anything else although the Reach adjustable column would have come in handy, im 6.1ft and my torso is kinda short compared to my legs lol.

Clio GT
Just a some advise, while your car is under warranty don't do any mods that alter the car. Renault would then use any excuse to say your mods voided your warranty.

Mini mods are different.....

Twingo rs133

Jason e was your radio not that loud just that im havin problems with renault at the mo.Ive got the same head unit as yours and at 30 its loud but not as loud as the clio shape b4 mine 15 in that and it was louder then havin mine at 30.I showed the so called tec manger and he said he would listen 2 another new shape clio and get back 2 me but never did.:nono:

Twingo rs133
Just a some advise, while your car is under warranty don't do any mods that alter the car. Renault would then use any excuse to say your mods voided your warranty.

Mini mods are different.....
my car is a 59 reg i change the zorst yesterday but asked renault first they said as its wear and tear its not uder warrenty BUT if the engine light comes on and its the zorst sensor then that part wont be covered. This warranty lark makes me laugth my mate works for good old vauxhall and u should see the cars that go back 4 things under warrenty. There low 2 the floor them stuped lexus lights and big zorst but they still do all the work under wattenty.

Clio GT
my car is a 59 reg i change the zorst yesterday but asked renault first they said as its wear and tear its not uder warrenty BUT if the engine light comes on and its the zorst sensor then that part wont be covered. This warranty lark makes me laugth my mate works for good old vauxhall and u should see the cars that go back 4 things under warrenty. There low 2 the floor them stuped lexus lights and big zorst but they still do all the work under wattenty.

Yeah im not gonna risk changing my at all. Just to be safe. ;)

Clio GT

Is that your car on your profile picture Daz ?

Just maybe its the angle but is yours a GT ? I don't see the lip spoiler or tints on the rear windows.

If it is the GT, you said you changed the zorst ... which would be from a twin tail to a single..... i think i'll stick with the twin... ;) Personal Choice i guess.......

Twingo rs133
Is that your car on your profile picture Daz ?

Just maybe its the angle but is yours a GT ? I don't see the lip spoiler or tints on the rear windows.

If it is the GT, you said you changed the zorst ... which would be from a twin tail to a single..... i think i'll stick with the twin... ;) Personal Choice i guess.......
Yeah thats my clio mate and nah it aint a gt its the tomtom 1 not that its ever been used. I put a 3 1/2" pipe on the back cos i like the old skool cozzie zorsts lol:)

Twingo rs133
it sound beefy plus downstairs will love it when i start it up at half 4 in the mornin 2 go work:D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Firstly, warranty shouldn't be a problem. I asked stealers about audio and its fine.

Hi dazza! Welcome to the forums!

I was talking to a customer at work (I work at Halfords) about changing the head unit on a 59 plate Clio like yours. It's near enough impossible with the TomTom sat nav! He was saying how his friend who also had a 59 clio without tom tom sat nav could turn the stereo up much louder. So obviously its not just him who thinks its quiet!

Twingo rs133
Firstly, warranty shouldn't be a problem. I asked stealers about audio and its fine.

Hi dazza! Welcome to the forums!

I was talking to a customer at work (I work at Halfords) about changing the head unit on a 59 plate Clio like yours. It's near enough impossible with the TomTom sat nav! He was saying how his friend who also had a 59 clio without tom tom sat nav could turn the stereo up much louder. So obviously its not just him who thinks its quiet!
so u get the tomtom and get a s**t headunit i think thats a proper piss take cos if i knew that i wouldnt of bother gettin the tomtom

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
so u get the tomtom and get a s**t headunit i think thats a proper piss take cos if i knew that i wouldnt of bother gettin the tomtom

Apparently so. The guy was telling me the controls for the TomTom were on the Headunit?