ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
He said there was a remote, but the head unit had some controls too. If you want help regarding swapping head units I'll show you what mine was like.... bare with....

Okay, so i removed it using the normal removal tool. Now this is important. You DO NOT need a Harness/Wiring adapter. HOWEVER if you want the steering wheel controls to work you need a canbus adapter that costs about £115.

So i removed the stereo, and it didn't have the standard aerial like the Mk3 Ph1 had.

DSC_0439.jpg
DSC_0440.jpg
DSC_0436.jpg

As it turns out what you need is a FAKRA adapter, similar to the ones for BMW Mini's.

New Headunit in, but notice the gap?

DSC_0435.jpg

You need the fascia from a Megane Mark 2

3931399073_5fc5496ae2_b.jpg

If you want more detailed pics etc. PM me. I also changed the door speakers and fitted a sub and amp. Hope this helps some peoples!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye, i will. Not sure on the colour tbh! I'm getting a rattle can of malta blue done up, have some plans for my phone case ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
I think the GT looks better than the 200 TBH. Slightly bigger rims and/or lowered maybe and better alloys and it would look great.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I was thinking Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2's in anthracite at 17". With spacers and lowered.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2's in anthracite at 17". With spacers and lowered.
I reckon 16", and black and you'd be onto a winner!

Wouldn't get those wheels since they are too common, would be nice to have something different but they are nice lightweight wheels.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
There 16" on it atm though so whats the point? and Anthracite is different! ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
17" are all show no go tbh, 16" is a nice compromise i find.

And when lowered 16" will be fine, and the design of the PR1.2's will look bigger than your wheels i reckon since they are more 'flat faced'.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
True, but the 200 etc. uses a 17" and are fine. I know on a mk2 it fooks up the handling but surely on a MK3 it will be fine? I'm probably keeping the wheels anyway!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
True, but the 200 etc. uses a 17" and are fine. I know on a mk2 it fooks up the handling but surely on a MK3 it will be fine? I'm probably keeping the wheels anyway!
To be honest i never thought of that, i have only really tried corsa/c2/mk2 clio with different wheel size's so you could be right.

Mini Cooper S sport

Hmmmm, not sure about them. I hate to say the T word, but I think Turinis really would look good - in anthracite.

TBH I'd probably just get some wheels off a 200 and spacers and use them lol

The wheels are really the only thing I'd change, I think the GT's a good-looking car and doesn't have the frog face of the 200.

Would look ace in white with black wheels.

Twingo rs133
He said there was a remote, but the head unit had some controls too. If you want help regarding swapping head units I'll show you what mine was like.... bare with....

Okay, so i removed it using the normal removal tool. Now this is important. You DO NOT need a Harness/Wiring adapter. HOWEVER if you want the steering wheel controls to work you need a canbus adapter that costs about £115.

So i removed the stereo, and it didn't have the standard aerial like the Mk3 Ph1 had.

DSC_0439.jpg
DSC_0440.jpg
DSC_0436.jpg

As it turns out what you need is a FAKRA adapter, similar to the ones for BMW Mini's.

New Headunit in, but notice the gap?

DSC_0435.jpg

You need the fascia from a Megane Mark 2

3931399073_5fc5496ae2_b.jpg

If you want more detailed pics etc. PM me. I also changed the door speakers and fitted a sub and amp. Hope this helps some peoples!
just pm'ed u mate

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No mate, he was saying there is no such thing as NICE wolfrace alloys! LOL

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thats because he has a GT, you basically have a Dynamique.

And i agree about the wolfrace wheels being poor, i'd go for the TD's after seeing the shops.
Although the car see's more online action than on road action so you could just pretend that PS is your car :rasp:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye, team dynamics do a version of the 1.2's, called the 1.5's that have slightly more spokes and a coloured rim!

Twingo rs133
Aye, team dynamics do a version of the 1.2's, called the 1.5's that have slightly more spokes and a coloured rim!
On my 100hp panda i kept the standard alloys on and just had them painted in a matt black they looked the nuts