ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Clio GT
After a mixed review over the new revised Mk3 clio (Warm Hatch), i have found the GT to be a good contender for the Super mini market.

Once the engine beings to losen up (between 600-1000 Miles) the 1.6 litre engine has a sporty response (although rather loud at high speed) and the RS mods to the suspension and handling make the Clio GT a fun driving experience.

So ok, the Clio GT's performance stats are not super and a 0-60 time of 9.3 Seconds isn't anything special but the overall experience with GT is definatelty a good all-rounder. A quick little hatch, with a sporty look, feel and comfortable with room for 3 passengers in the back, is definately on to a winner.

10127_1276503232444_1225866343_861349_6013583_n.jpg

Clio 1970000000
Glad you are enjoying the car. I think that 9.3sec for 0-60 from a 1.6 is very respectable :approve: Clios aren't the fastest cars around (even the RS ones) but they are great fun to drive. That is far more important in our speed taxed country than outright speed.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Look's nice but needs bigger wheels - the standard ones look way too small for the size/shape of the car!

There was one of these been driven round Cadwell Park on the Renaultsport trackday last August and it wasn't too shabby on the track. Nice car.

Not a 320d
There was one of these been driven round Cadwell Park on the Renaultsport trackday last August and it wasn't too shabby on the track. Nice car.

Yeah i spoke to the guy who was driving it, said he was quite impressed with it. Didnt half shift though, its no renaultsport but i rekon a good set of springs and tyres would make it very fun.

Very boring engine though, torque dissappears at 4k.

Twingo rs133
Ive got the same shape and colour 1.2 tomtom 1. They wanted 2 charge me 300quid 4 the zorst like yours so i got a powerflow instead.I wish i got that car now insted of the 1 i have now.On the bottom of my front bumper it has got a silver strip i think it looks better then just havin it blue

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've shown the car a few corners on private land and country roads, obviously atm my mum is always in the car but she doesn't mind me having a muck around. It has got a brilliant amount of grip. Theres enough power to overtake safely, and have some fun. The seats are comfy as fook, and supportive in bends which i love. I find the gear ratio short. 1st gear is almost pointless! But its such a giggle.

As for the looks, I'm not sure on the front body kit, but i still love it. And i know a lot of people on here prefer it to the looks of the 200!

I'm currently averaging 31mpg. When my mum drives it that goes down to 25mpg!! :dead:. Glad once i pass she will stop driving it!

Not a 320d
I've shown the car a few corners on private land and country roads, obviously atm my mum is always in the car but she doesn't mind me having a muck around. It has got a brilliant amount of grip. Theres enough power to overtake safely, and have some fun. The seats are comfy as fook, and supportive in bends which i love. I find the gear ratio short. 1st gear is almost pointless! But its such a giggle.

As for the looks, I'm not sure on the front body kit, but i still love it. And i know a lot of people on here prefer it to the looks of the 200!

I'm currently averaging 31mpg. When my mum drives it that goes down to 25mpg!! :dead:. Glad once i pass she will stop driving it!

Have you taken the engine to 6750rpm yet ?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Have you taken the engine to 6750rpm yet ?

Did have some rev limiter action following my friend out the car park the other night. Sounds a bit thrashy that high up. Below 4-5k it sounds like a mini cooper. :)

Not a 320d
I know mate, mini below 4k, very loud above.

Just wondered what the speeds in each gear were. mine comes Next week i think.

Not a 320d
How long have you had it? Is yours the TCE or 1.2 16v?

If his is a TCE it might be worth investing in a remap, i think the gains on the TCE are really good, a new set of Renaultsport seats from a 197 and new suspension would be far better.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well there is that mate. I was soo tempted to get a LY Twingo rs. However they are too small for my liking. I'm 6ft4 and not only is it a tad bit too cramped but I'd look a fool i tell you!

ST
Well there is that mate. I was soo tempted to get a LY Twingo rs. However they are too small for my liking. I'm 6ft4 and not only is it a tad bit too cramped but I'd look a fool i tell you!

Fair enough...tho how much did you pay for the GT if you don't mind me asking?

Clio GT
My GT cost 14,000 , By the way to an earlier comment.... the GT comes as a 1.6 litre petrol or a 1.5 litre diesel - the tom tom is a optional extra which is £450 ... over priced if you ask me

Clio GT
im still runnin mine in at 470 miles at the mo i hope it gets better

Im up to 1,100 on mine and the engine feels more responsive, although renault claim the engine won't fully wear in until 1,800. when you get to 600 miles, start opening it up right up to 6000 rpm. (if you haven't already)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

My mum bought it, which many people on here continue to take the piss out of. Cost her £12,500. Got the showroom model, only extra was the Malta Blue paint.

Not a 320d
Would rather a twingo RS tbh..

So would i.....but then i look at the rear end, and then i get inside it. 5 gears, completely shitty interior all put me off. I plan on putting my GT on coilovers at some point so that will sort th god awful handling the standard Gt has. Awsomely cool car tho id love one...... apart from that rear end and interior......

Tell me about it.it is god damm cool though.

If your interested we paid £11,500. Standard car with Malta Blue Paintwork.