ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO I72 CUP (3 MONTHS TO WAIT!!!!!!!)

ORDERED MY CUP LAST FRIDAY.:D NEED TO WAIT TILL END DEC OR EARLY JAN TILL I GET IT.:cry: ANYONE WANNA TELL ME WHAT I GOT TO LOOK FORWARD 2? WHATS THIS I HEAR ABOUT NOT TAKIN IT ABOVE 3,OOOrpm FOR 1st 1000MILES? AAAAARGH!!!!! DOES ANTONE KNOW IF I CAN GET A SET OF 17" ON WITHOUT DOING ANYTHIN TO THE ARCHES???

NOW FOR THE LONGEST 3 MONTHS OF MA LIFE. HAHA:devilish:

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Anyway.....dont put 17s on it youll only spoil it mate! I thought they were stopping Cup production this year????

leave the wheels and 1000 miles is bullsh*t, book says dont take it above 4000 rpm or 80mph for first 625 miles, its worth the wait, some folk say its bullsh*t, cane it from the start but id rather paly safe, then enjoy kicking arse on country roads.

Dont look for any faults, if they turn up youll soon know, i only have a drivers side wind noise and initial sticky gear change but thats stopped.

Thought you couldnt order them after sep as paul_ctr said

enjoy anyway

Elise/VX220/R26

Theres a lot of theories on running in. Personally I didnt have the self control to wait 600 miles (600 fekkin miles!?!?!?!) so I thrashed it from day 1 (when I day thrashed it I let it warm up and them about 6000RPM was the max I too it to until I had about 1000 on the clock) got nearly 6 k on now and the engine just gets better all the time.

im not gonna thrash it (the cup that is,lol).ill take it easy for the first wee while. 80mph and 4k revs. thatll get me to work on time anyway. haha

ill just be leaving the 16s on,or get new 16s? for some strange reason im drawn to gold ones.(do i need locked up???)

cheers

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Personally I feel, like the Williams, that the Cup should be left well alone as far as external mods are concerned(not including tints!). The best mod per pound you can get for your Cup will be the R-Sport ECU.

Go with 17s!! Might slow your acceleration a little but will look the dogs!! Ill be putting up some pics of my 172 with 17" turinis on sat!! Then youll see what i mean!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by garyross on 02 October 2003

book says dont take it above 4000 rpm or 80mph for first 625 miles, its worth the wait, some folk say its bullsh*t, cane it from the start but id rather paly safe, then enjoy kicking arse on country roads.
same here... I ran my Cup in too

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 02 October 2003

Personally I feel, like the Williams, that the Cup should be left well alone as far as external mods are concerned(not including tints!).
Yeah, Ive done silvervision bulbs and an extra Cup badge on the rear, but not planning on changing much (if anything) else on mine...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 02 October 2003

Of course Rich the silvervisions and moving of the badge are a given!;)
The silver bulbs really do give it a much cleaner look and the badge is there to just fill the gap under the Clio badge and give the tailgate some symmetry!

Not sure what else Id do actually...

172, Tiguan

Fitted the Silvervisions earlier to mine, oh and the Phillips blue sidelights. Apart from ripping my hand to shreads trying to get past the bloody air con pipes it looks the bollox now. Especially as the car is Silver.

Nothing...

wait the 600 miles, just go out a lot for a few days, break it in! best not to thrash it!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 02 October 2003

Do you not think the exhaust needs some seeing to? Every car needs a visable tailpipe!!
Cant see the tailpipe on a 106 GTi either...

Will be getting a zorst sorted out eventally, but thats for performance more than styling!