ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio III TCe 100 injectors and remap

Renault Clio TCE 100
I have a Clio 3 TCe 100, love the car, love the engine, just think it needs 15 - 20 extra hp to get it to 'hot hatch' level fun. I've read that an off-the-shelf remap will take it to 125hp, but I'm sceptical because I know the standard injectors are hitting nearly 100% duty cycle. Does anyone have any experience with this? And can anyone recommend anywhere that will do a custom map if I upgrade the injectors?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Most people will get theirs mapped at RS Tuning in Leeds, very reputable among the Renault crowd. Been a fair few Clios and Twingos with the D4FT engines mapped with injectors to 120-140bhp. Where are you located are you even in the UK?

Renault Clio TCE 100
I'm actually over in Belfast, but I'm often over in England so could possibly head there. Would you know a rough price for a custom tune? I'm planning on getting hold of some Clio 197 injectors. Would they install them before remapping? I'd do it myself but wouldn't like to drive on non-standard injectors without getting them mapped into the ECU!

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yes they would fit the injectors then remap it, regarding the cost I’m not entirely sure, you might want to ask martin_172 on here he had a Twingo remapped with injectors if I remember correctly.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i paid around £400-£500 from memory that was them fitting the injectors and mapping, its worth every penny, transformed it your talking 30-40% extra power! that was at RS Tuning

Renault Clio TCE 100
Thanks for all the info fellas. Will definitely be looking into RS Tuning when I'm next back over in England. I'm planning: turbo-back custom stainless exhaust and cold air induction kit, then the injectors and remap to tie those mods together, then finally a few subtle aesthetics like 35mm lowering springs, 15mm wheel spacers and red mudflaps (I have the Clio S 3-door in blue with blacked out windows and chequered flag livery). Will post pics as I'm going along!

Renault Clio TCE 100
Might need to take a look at a forge fmic in that case! I can see the £££'s racking up here lol