ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio, Lows, and Borbet A's Arrived!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
that looks rather good :)

definately keep the shape of the foglight in the bumper. either keep the fogs standard, lamin-x them or take them out and replace with black mesh.

TT QS
Those wheels are gorgeous. This thread has promised a lot I don't think you'll let us down. Can't wait to see more :D

2004 clio 182 ff
wheels are looking good. my bros runs my old 7.5x16" et15 borbets on his dci lowered on coilies front and custom 90mm rear springs. runs 195/40r16 toyos for a subtle stretch.

URL]

URL]

URL]

Bora.
I love the way that black one sits! hopefully have mine sitting the same :D i reckon, lower rear springs, 5-10mm spacers, and rolled arch's then it should sit good :)

2004 clio 182 ff
i think it was more luck on my bros clio. i used to have them on my old r5 gtt and they always touched the arches. they dont scrub at all on his and its only had the arches rolled. its prob down to the lack of suspension though that stops them rubbing

Bora.
Lack of suspension? my borbets are 1/2" wider and 1" smaller in diameter sohope i can work around it and have it sitting just as nice :D

Bora.
So, Car will be dropped off at the body shop in the morning, decided to only get the front bump strip smoothed out, leaving the renault badge, hopefully it will be ready within a day or 2 to collect, then i will be buying a polishing kit to mirror polish the dish on my alloys, and deciding on a final colour for the borbets.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
So, Car will be dropped off at the body shop in the morning, decided to only get the front bump strip smoothed out, leaving the renault badge, hopefully it will be ready within a day or 2 to collect, then i will be buying a polishing kit to mirror polish the dish on my alloys, and deciding on a final colour for the borbets.

I actually like them in silver, mirror polished, work in nice contrast with your colour :)

Bora.
I actually like them in silver, mirror polished, work in nice contrast with your colour :)

Got the alloy centres down to 5 colours 4 shades of grey, and the standard silver -
Nimbus Grey
TTRS Grey
GT-R Grey
Aston Martin Grey

Also car is now sitting in the body shop for a few days.

Bora.
The coilovers cant go down any further on the back? i even took out the adjuster cups! gonna be custom springs or corsa B -60mm springs going on the rear to bring it lower.

Subaru impreza
What coilovers you running ? Ive got k-tec on mine and my back is low as it can go but i want to go lower! I can slam the front its just the rear.. You say corsa b springs are they a direct swop then with the coilovers springs ??

Bora.
Im running TA Technix coilovers due to it being a non-sport and yours being a sport, yeah i have around 30mm left on the front to go lower when i get the back lower. Yeah remove the coilover spring and put the corsa spring into into its place, unsure how it would work on a sport though dont think it has been done, but has been done on non sports in the past.

Bora.
Guess there will be more than a few people who dislike the bumper but here goes.

Cars back from the bodyshop, wasnt the way i wanted it but its growing on me, and also allows a decent air intake for the engine ...

PICT0193.jpg

PICT0192.jpg

PICT0190.jpg

PICT0189.jpg

PICT0186.jpg

Thats all for now, buying a new fog light and attaching my splitter at somepoint, i have a black plastic piece for behind the badge, then focusing on wheels and more lows.

Bora.
A flat spot has been noticed by a few people now, and myself (only after taking the pictures) so have sent the garage a polite email asking if they would kindly look at it and rectify it. the spots where the plate was just under the badge.

A sexy one
A flat spot has been noticed by a few people now, and myself (only after taking the pictures) so have sent the garage a polite email asking if they would kindly look at it and rectify it. the spots where the plate was just under the badge.

I was just bout to say about that, when i did mine it took a far amount of work to get it perfect, the worst bit to get that top lip to flow cos obv there wasnt a lip there before. other than that it looks pretty good mate :p

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I don't get that - what are you going to do for a number plate now?

Bora.
Thanks guys it looks ok from a distance but after looking closely, i really aint happy with the door handles either, they have been sprayed whilst on the car, you can see the tape line where they masked it off, and when you open the handle its still black underneath it. The bumper wasnt done the way i asked and theres a flat spot, hopefully it all gets resolved after christmas.

Bora.
Its like that so i can remove it, attach it where and when i want, if we didnt need to run a front plate then it wouldnt be on the car at all, and since it must be on the fore most frontal part of the car then thats where it will sit, plus i dont want to run the risk of if i ever remove a vinyl plate it taking the paint off with it.

Bora.
The garage i got it done at has got back to me and is more than happy to have a look at the bumper and the door handle after christmas, so pretty pleased he said to bring it back rather than taking nothing to do with it.

Vectra
does look mate , i'd of smoothed the entire thing while still keeping the fogs and the front badge but does look good!

Bora.
Im noticing more and more bits wrong with the car, and tbh its really annoying me, where they masked off the door handles to sand them, the havent masked off far enough and have sanded the paint on my door! once its all done i dont think i will be going back to that garage again for any work.