ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[clio mk2] Battery drain problem

accord cl9
Hello to you all. I have chance to buy really well maintained clio 1.6 petrol auto with only 66k miles. There's one problem- battery goes flat overnight or maybe over little longer. With engine off, I found ~500mAh drain on + wire going to fuse box in engine bay, nothing on other one + going in engine direction. Weird is when I removed fuse named "multi something", 5A it was, only then it gone down to ~40mAh on the same + wire, still nothing on other +. But then starter turns but engine won't start. As far I know there was also something wrong with (maybe diy) alarm or diode inside which caused indicators flashing with diode. I cut off this two wires from hazard warning light switch, so now it's fine, but something still drains the battery. I was told it started to happen since car came back from so-called-mechanic after some power steering job done.Please help me find the problem. I don't have any clio electronic schematics.
Thanks in advance

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I think you've over complicated this. Clean the earths. The battery probably needs changing. Or the alternator is dead

accord cl9
lol I was writing my previous post in rush, sorry for "mAh" :D Should be ofcourse "mA". These wires from hazard warning lights button were connected to diode- just to make it clear. New battery fitted today, I will see tomorrow with owner, does it drain alot still or not.