ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio rs 172 supercharger (help)

clio rs phase 2
Please help guys, my clio rs has some mods (clio 182 manifold ,devil exhaust,catcams `421, ecu upgrade, single throtle 70, simota intake)
Just decided to go a little bit far with a supercharger but have no ideea what steps i have to take to acieve around 260 bhp.I want to keep the stock internals.Thanks

clio rs phase 2
I have the supercharger ,but i was wondering what injectors do you need and if you need to lower the engine compression.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Well, Rstuning with angel works and GDI have spend alot of time and money developing these kits, so its not as simple as bolting a supercharger straight on.

I guess you could look at what theyve have done for ideas, but all the bracketing and work gone into both companies products isnt something that will easily be knocked to gether in a shed.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels

Depends what you want power wise. 260 is safe on stock internals and the standard clutch and box will be absolutely fine. Lowering compression will just allow you to safely run more boost, but there's little point doing that if you only want 260bhp.

Google "supercharged GTi6". Think the company that does those is Lynx Power. They have proven reliability at around 260bhp with GTI6 engines on standard internals.

Different kettle of fish, but food for thought.............

White Evo V
Mines at RS Tuning getting supercharged as we speak, its almost ready!

The work gone into this kit has been unbelievable, The brackets for the supercharger are the most complex part imo. I am expecting around 250bhp on stock internals, and mine as mentioned will be running megane 225 injectors. I have also uprated the clutch and put a kevlar one in as I dont reckon the standard one will last forever but should be fine for a while! Just upgrade when it eventually goes.

Pauls blew up after about 5 track days or so at over 300bhp on stock internals, but atleast he was willing to test it until it blew up. He knew it was going to happen it was just a case of when! The only guy I know that will test a car until it goes pop just to see the limits!! Fair play to him! Imo 250-260 is the limit on stock internals, any more and it would be wise to get forged pistons and steel rods, but it would be best to speak to Paul.

Two 0 Shitx
dan turner from Advance build it did he?

Nope, Honda conversion was done by lotuspower and TTS did the rotrex, its 360rwhp at the mo but with mapping and a few other bits capable of 450.

Honda K20 is the most reliable engine ever built standard and that blew up at 300-310bhp on standard internals, so anything else will just blow up even quicker.

ITB'd MK1
Nope, Honda conversion was done by lotuspower and TTS did the rotrex, its 360rwhp at the mo but with mapping and a few other bits capable of 450.

Honda K20 is the most reliable engine ever built standard and that blew up at 300-310bhp on standard internals, so anything else will just blow up even quicker.

I've seen more power than that on a standard k20 and it's lasted for longer than mentioned earlier in this thread

Ph1
Are both companys using the same Rotex Supercharger?

Also how do you r****d it back to 250 / 260 bhp? - Not familier with chargers. Guessing like a turbo you can reduce the boost? :eek:

LOL away to yourself barrington. Been there, done it, think it's just about hit 10k miles at 260bhp now

I believe this is correct. Not bad considering it's using the original engine, clutch and box and it's well over 100k. Nice to throw that in peoples faces from time to time tbh :rasp:

LOL away to yourself barrington. Been there, done it, think it's just about hit 10k miles at 260bhp now

Lets say you built this car with 260 bhp for a stage rally car. How long would it last on the standard clutch?

A couple of stages?

I know of cars with a lot less power than that that go through many uprated clutches in a season.

Its all very well driving to woolworths in it to pick up your pic and mix, but with 260 bhp a standard renault clutch has no real motorsport applications.

Theoretically it could last 100k. If you drove it slowly. But thats hardly proving its a suitible part is it?

oh noes, Jean Ragnotti wont be able to rally in it! Guess it's a good job it's only a road and occasional track car then :sleepy:

Feel free to add anything relevent though ;)

We have a Williams for rallying anyway haha

well that's a lie actually, we 'could' use if for that, but it's far to mint and nice, but it makes a lovely weekend change from the 172. Much more civilised!

H

Huffski

I have the supercharger ,but i was wondering what injectors do you need and if you need to lower the engine compression.

How do you lower the compression by using injectors ? Could you not have a decompression plate made or is there one out there that would be readily available?

White Evo V
Are both companys using the same Rotex Supercharger?

Also how do you r****d it back to 250 / 260 bhp? - Not familier with chargers. Guessing like a turbo you can reduce the boost? :eek:

You can map it to run lower boost or run a restictor with the charger. I think Paul uses a bigger charger than GDI and just restricts it so in the future its poss for more, I aint certain about that though. Best speaking to both companys!

You can map it to run lower boost or run a restictor with the charger. I think Paul uses a bigger charger than GDI and just restricts it so in the future its poss for more, I aint certain about that though. Best speaking to both companys!
they both use the rotrex c30 i think

e91 330d/type r mini
Mines at RS Tuning getting supercharged as we speak, its almost ready!

The work gone into this kit has been unbelievable, The brackets for the supercharger are the most complex part imo. I am expecting around 250bhp on stock internals, and mine as mentioned will be running megane 225 injectors. I have also uprated the clutch and put a kevlar one in as I dont reckon the standard one will last forever but should be fine for a while! Just upgrade when it eventually goes.

Pauls blew up after about 5 track days or so at over 300bhp on stock internals, but atleast he was willing to test it until it blew up. He knew it was going to happen it was just a case of when! The only guy I know that will test a car until it goes pop just to see the limits!! Fair play to him! Imo 250-260 is the limit on stock internals, any more and it would be wise to get forged pistons and steel rods, but it would be best to speak to Paul.
what 5 trackdays were that then???????? i helped build that car and drove it and is an animal however it was canned everywhere we drove it for a fair few miles but one things for sure the only track it has seen was at fcs and that was not with the standard engine.

williams and trophy
Lets say you built this car with 260 bhp for a stage rally car. How long would it last on the standard clutch?

A couple of stages?

I know of cars with a lot less power than that that go through many uprated clutches in a season.

Its all very well driving to woolworths in it to pick up your pic and mix, but with 260 bhp a standard renault clutch has no real motorsport applications.

Theoretically it could last 100k. If you drove it slowly. But thats hardly proving its a suitible part is it?

but to warrant having the full on rally clutch.......u need to have the need for it. its all well n good having all the gear..but if u cant drive for toffee...and lets b honest rob.....u cant.....then its wasted money

ITB'd MK1

Boost is most certianly NOT controlled by mapping. a supercharger is mechanically driven with a belt, the pulley ratio is what determins boost. There's ways to adjust this with a few other tricks too.