ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Air Filter - Transplant of symposer unit from Focus ST - Discussion!

Megane 225 F1
Hi guys,

Not been active on here for a while, having bought a Focus ST (and tuning to approx 300bhp) mid 2012 - will be up for sale shortly. Have had a couple Meg 225's (remapped Cup & Trophy) and away to go onto my 3rd 172 Cup once I can get my hands on a cherished one! As you can tell I can't stay away from Renaultsport.

The pros of the ST over the likes of the Meg/Clio really only stem as far the noise - which is pretty darn good for a 5 cylinder. It drinks fuel (25 mpg at best), and in standard guise is sloppy on the corners in comparison. Nimble it is not.

However on the topic of noise - some of you may know - both the 2007 style ST and the newest model ST enhance the engine noise transfer to the cabin by means of the symposer unit. Makes a noticeable difference - i've tried with/without. I believe Porche have used a similar set up in the past.

My question is - do you think it would be possible / of benefit to transplant the ST symposer unit into a clio sport? I know the clio will never have the same noise as the 5 cylinder ST, but surely a setup like this would increase induction noise in the cabin. I also know the clio doesn't generally benefit from aftermarket performance air filter units, so would this be a solution to better induction noise in the cabin without at the expense of dropping HP.

The ST symposer unit is basically a pipe connected from part of the induction system to I think where the cabin heater openings are beside the cd player. So I was thinking you could cut a hole for this pipe on the standard clio sport airbox (before the intake sensor) and similarly feed it up into the cabin.

Any thoughts on this? Or has anyone ever tried anything like this before?

Cheers
Justin

K-tec induction kit gives a great sound just stupidly priced and a s**t fit.

Why would you want the noise constantly in cabin?

cliosport 172 mk2
i agree with martain182 mate buy a cone pipercross induction or ktr cais you hear the bloody thing alright as its the only thing you will be able to hear lol, i used to own a st3 10 plate had mine tuned by code red and was 320bhp 368 fbtq bloody quick car this is what i had done to mine mate -power flex bushes-full mongoose cat back-ptr decat-ebaich springs -mintex disks-ds2500 pads-goodridge hoses-cais think it was the as on like gg -airtec gen 3 ic-code red stage 2 map -rs clutch kit -collins dvawesome cars and miss it dearly mate as was easliy one of the best cars ive owned out of the cliosport and corsa vxr :( but however this clio is coming on well in time will post up a build thread. :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Fit bodies...

This tbh.

A few newish cars have them , the latest mx5 has an "Induction sound enhancer", basically an elbow from the intake system and is aimed near the bottom of the windscreen near the wiper blade arms so you can hear it when you have the roof down more. Pretty sure it won't sound as good as ITB'S though!