ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers on Dynamique

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

Just wanna let you know after the long discussions about which coilovers to put on my car ive gone foe H&R-70 f/50 r.

They look super and im so glad i didnt go for FK or SPAX.

Fred those FKs you have got coming i was close to gettting but the back doesnt lower as much and it isnt 100mm all round like you said (70-90 f/40 r) !!

And for the price i payed for them £700 then im well impressed when they cost £900 rrp.

Very impressed and maybe the wheels will go on know

Wicked

Lionel Richie

Ah, but you can ONLY go 50mm at the back, i forgot to mention that mine are being custom built by FK in Germany, so upto 100mm ALL ROUND, cost = £735 normally £590 for the 70mm all round ones

BTW (who told you about the FKs only lowering 70F40R?????)

100mm is so possible though - As Fred says "I can fit my arm under that arch with 60mm"

hehe.

surely having your car that low cant be good

think of the overall effect...im gonna laugh with things start snapping hehe:)

kidding fred, hope it looks good!

Lionel Richie

Im on medication, i forgot to metion that!!!!

Ive already been working out different ways of how i can get to college etc (speed bumps are out of the question)

The steering is the only thing thats relly gonna wear out quicker, but oh well!!!!!

Fred (soon to be owner of the lowest clio in the UK;))

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

yes fred i rang r&a and nearly ordered them until i found that out. The front will be 100 and the back will be 40 or 50max beilieve ! Mine would of been built in germany 2 but whos bothered coz u try lowering your car on 19s with 100 mill

mines gunna be 70 all round the kit is going to be 3 inches off the floor

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Has anyone fitted the FK coilovers to their clios yet cause im thinking of going for some of them

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 18 April 2003

Im on medication, i forgot to metion that!!!!

Ive already been working out different ways of how i can get to college etc (speed bumps are out of the question)

The steering is the only thing thats relly gonna wear out quicker, but oh well!!!!!

Fred (soon to be owner of the lowest clio in the UK;))

lol, im defo looking forward to seeing it in piccies. Would it touch the floor on the std 15s? It would be a beast on track, and youll be faster thanks to the the better aerodynamics!

-Rob

Lionel Richie

HILLY my friend, i dont "believe" R&A have 100% promised me its 100mm all round, theyve spoken to the engineers at FK and theyve said it was a bit tricky, but theyve done it!!! Ill show you at the weekend if youre coming to Coventry to drop off your wheels for Chris?????

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

fred believe me ive been on the phone numerous times to r&a and they ring them while im on the phone to them to ask, it is not 100 on the back. Your having 90 front and 60 rear max !! BELIVE ME

Arnt your dampers going to be adustable for damping ?

H&Rs arnt

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ooohh shhhh

it is more than 60 on the back

even my spax ones are more than 60 so nerr

they dont run rear springs in the usual place (just rubber bumpstops)

£900 rrp for Hand R damn where do you shop!!!

Rtec quoted me £700 and they normally at the higher end of the price range for suspension bits.

Can anyone tell me the lowest commercially available coilovers front and rear, Dont really want to get any specially made but mines lowered 60mm now and I definitely dont want to raise the damn thing!!!

Tom: you got any pics of yours? Are they on the web or can you email to mailto:noel@adrenalinone.co.uk">noel AT adrenalinone.co.uk

Lionel Richie

Toms arent on yet, answering your question,as far as i know SPAX are the lowest (and cheapest!!!) comercially ava upto 80mm all round other than than, K-tecs FKs are 70mm all round (simialr in price to the SPAX one i believe)

wonder how long drive shafts last when they are that low, lol. Good luck though. Being that low is kinda a "been there and hated it" feeling for me. Great getting the looks and the admiration, just a pity I had to wind the buggers up every time I actually wanted to drive the car!

Ill stick with the 35-40mm drop I have atm, can still carry 5 passengers with no scrubbing and get over speed bumps, and the car still handles ok.

Lionel Richie

True SoLowish my friend, but you can still "carry 5 passengers with no scrubbing and get over speed bumps, and the car still handles ok" with 60mm springs, sort it out PLEASE!!!!!!!!

hey as I say its all down to each others preference. It will look good and I hope you like it. Its just not for me anymore, i think the speed bump problem was the biggest for me, even remember having to lift the car off one once!