ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

comps are in...

E87 118i

finally, upgraded the fronts, lightning audio splits, was worried about the dash etc. (mk2 ph 1)

guy at the shop hadnt removed a clio dash before, so we both went at it blind, must admit, Im the most paranoid guy around regards my car, but the dash thing is no problem, so if anyones been holding off for new splits cos of the dash story, seriously dont worry....;)

about 8 screws and it came off easy, no hard pulling required and no major clips holding it in place, so when you put it back, the screws keep it tight.

sounds so much better......

would post a pic, but theres nothin to see.

Quote: Originally posted by Spammy on 06 April 2005

You take the dash off to put the tweeters in?
just the upper fascia but it involves taking off a few other parts including steering wheel shroud.

Quote: Originally posted by rock on 06 April 2005

finally, upgraded the fronts, lightning audio splits, was worried about the dash etc. (mk2 ph 1)

guy at the shop hadnt removed a clio dash before, so we both went at it blind, must admit, Im the most paranoid guy around regards my car, but the dash thing is no problem, so if anyones been holding off for new splits cos of the dash story, seriously dont worry....;)

about 8 screws and it came off easy, no hard pulling required and no major clips holding it in place, so when you put it back, the screws keep it tight.

sounds so much better......

would post a pic, but theres nothin to see.

did you have any problems with the airbag/s doing this??

Ive only got the driver airbag fitted but does anyone know if this would be affected by removing the dashboard?