ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craigie-B White 1995 Clio 16v Volvo Turbo B18FT Project :)

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Hey guys!

So I was a frequent and militant poster on Clio16Valver, till I sold my F7P converted ph3 RL and bought a mini:

DSCN2793.jpg

This has/is being turbo converted and if your interested in that then here is the project thread: http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=427404

I then was offered a valver project that had a volvo turbo engine. I always wanted a mk1 clio with a b18ft engine in since one of my friends (REEVIO on C16v) took me out in his, Came along dirty cheap and luckily, my girlfriend let me buy it! Provided I finish the mini first! Hahaha! What a deal!

It comes complete with an ecu thats been "richmodded" it allows the car to run between 170-180bhp :) this was also the ecu that was previously used on Reevio's car when it was in standard guise

So heres the pictures:

Car was not drivable at all as you will see, so had it trailored to my house in Cov, heres the day it turned up:

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Wiring is a complete and utter state:

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

But it came with all of these spares:

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Heres the whole reason I bought it:

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

So obviously first things first I had to give it a jet wash:

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Emptied all the spares out of it:

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Tidy!

Had to put it all back in as there was no where to put it, but atleast it wasnt all chucked in:

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

So about a week or two passed and realized there was no oil in the engine WTF, better check it wasnt seized luckily it wasnt, so then I had to set about mounting my bucket seats Ive had lying around for years, turned out saxo seat runners could be a winner:

IMG_0504.jpg

Cleaned the mould off of the top dash:

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

a few more pictures of the dodgey wiring:

IMG_0224-1.jpg

Previous owner SERIOUSLY bodged everything!!!

Got the car on jacks to take the brakes off, check them over etc:

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Replaced the solid dogbone mount to the standard jobbie:

IMG_0524.jpg

So I thought you would all want to see hte wiring:

IMG_0491-1.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0490-1.jpg

No wonder it never ran properly!

So I painted the center console black and put in a green fag lighter/12v socket as I want a white/black/green theme with this one:

IMG_0520.jpg

DSCN2121.jpg

DSCN2122.jpg

Put the de-cat on:

IMG_0528.gif

IMG_0529.gif

IMG_0530.gif

And started collecting more volvo parts, I now have enough ECU's to run 4 b18ft engines:

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

Thats it for now, im about 90% finished with the mini and my gf has promised me enough money to finish it or get it 3/4 finished for my 21st birthday this October!

Comments/Criticism welcome :)

Cheers!

Craig

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks pretty horrific still at the moment, but im sure you will get there with it mate.

Good to have you over here :)

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Horrific is putting it nicely haha, car is solid but will require a lot of work to get it into a nice condition, not sure taking it on in my last year of uni was such a fantastic idea however time will tell.

Thanks bud :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Jesus, that wiring makes me feel ill just looking at it!

Look forward to see what you do with it mate. Mini looks awesome btw!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
OMFG LOL at chesh's wiring! Jesus!

Thats dreadful!

That dent aint too pretty either!...

But hopefully a winner when done eh!

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Jesus, that wiring makes me feel ill just looking at it!

Look forward to see what you do with it mate. Mini looks awesome btw!

yeah puts me off my dinner as well! Luckily Reevio has promised to come and sort it all out for me :S Cheers, mini is cool I always wanted one of those too :)

welcome over Craig chap

OMFG LOL at chesh's wiring! Jesus!

Thats dreadful!

That dent aint too pretty either!...

But hopefully a winner when done eh!

Ahaha I didn't realise you guys had jumped ship?

Yeah I think Chesh's method to wiring was: "I Have a green wire and a blue and yellow wire, well blue and yellow makes green so they must join togehter, but ill just tie them up wont bother soldering" LOL nevermind atleast he had a go eh?

Loving the mini - having a good read about it now!

Thanks mate :) cost enough up to now! Should be around 120 - 130bhp and be fully spooled up at 2.5k when its tuned and has the intercooler.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
yeah I haven't really been on it, had a quick nosey around since it was made free but lets be honest it went to s**t years ago when chip was banned and other frequent members left

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Wooft, decent sized project you've got there!

B18FT wiring into a Mk1 makes me break out in a cold sweat, the only part of the conversion we had to get help in for, Scoff came to the rescue!

Megane r26
Looks promising, the b18ft is a decent old lump an can produce good power. I've worked on a few in the 480 guise, plus me cousin had one in the rear of his renault 5 turbo featured in pfc a few years ago

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Wooft, decent sized project you've got there!

B18FT wiring into a Mk1 makes me break out in a cold sweat, the only part of the conversion we had to get help in for, Scoff came to the rescue!

Yeah, well it wouldnt be so bad if it hadnt have all been bodged to s**t

That has potential :)

Thanks mate :)

Looks promising, the b18ft is a decent old lump an can produce good power. I've worked on a few in the 480 guise, plus me cousin had one in the rear of his renault 5 turbo featured in pfc a few years ago

Ahhh :) Well tbh I wanted it because its a cheap and easy way of getting a turbo conversion, just happend to find a white clio (my third white one) with it in for £270 :)