ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craigy's 172 cup track project.

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
Yeah I think for the usage for now they will be spot on, I had some on my Audi and they were really good on what is a heavy 4 wheel drive car (yet Quattro sport)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looks ace pal love the cage
Ill certainly be keeping an eye on the progress and seeing it Saturday

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
Been aquiring parts over the past month as I'm still undecided on suspension etc.....

Will still be coilovers as I want to corner weight it and adjust the ride height.

I've recently purchased a used Whitleine Rear arb and it was all rusty as you'd expect being used so sandblasted and painted it all up anthracite and put new bolts, washers and nylocks in. Much better than before as they were rust covered lol. Rear bar will be going gold as I have a fresh can in the garage.....

589BB01D-2C49-4E26-937D-E9BEEA22BD55.jpg

And I got a lovely piece of kit by the means of a new intake, questionably the best kit. The ITG Maxogen....

840FD636-481C-4F3B-AD65-A2FD576EF2A5.jpg

B3D3D957-45D4-4913-BA73-9F288276DBDB.jpg

Cold air feed from the fog light duct placed until I can fit the other silicone 90* bend but I think this will be fine anyway. I have a carbon heat shield to fit also.

Next month will be the dreaded Belts, Water pump, tensioners, de phasers and rocker cover re seal as its properly leaking. And there's a snapped stud in the block at the top, over tightened rocker cover bodge didn't work from a previous owner I imagine.

Also removed the clip cup sun strip stickers and now just have the black au strip, less chav....!

Clio cup 172 side badges ordered aswell.

And I have a Renault nut just joined us at work who will be handing me his old race tyres which will be fine for track days he said which is really nice of him. George his name is....

That is all chaps.

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
Pic of the rear bar assembled until I fit it up.

9B2F5FBC-45EA-4361-85FE-10E5D3450758.jpg

And my new side badges came today so had to put them on, £20 on eBay delivered. Can't say no.

BAE809BE-177B-4648-A067-3404258A919F.jpg

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
What subframe set up gave you used for your drivers seat that still allows the use of the seatbelt pre-tensions matey? That's the exact set- up I'm after, both cage wise and seat wise!

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
What subframe set up gave you used for your drivers seat that still allows the use of the seatbelt pre-tensions matey? That's the exact set- up I'm after, both cage wise and seat wise!

It's just a tab welded onto the subframe with the correct thread tapped into the tab mate.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Great read up to now Craig, good work.

I would love to get a cup and make it track focussed. I wouldnt do that to my 182 "FF" so having a cup also that was fully stripped for track use would be cool.

Looking forward to more updates on this.

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
Great read up to now Craig, good work.

I would love to get a cup and make it track focussed. I wouldnt do that to my 182 "FF" so having a cup also that was fully stripped for track use would be cool.

Looking forward to more updates on this.

Well she is for sale mate...... Could be yours