ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CRASHED this morning...

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Came round a corner on my way to college this morning, the girl infront of me had stopped to let some traffic past, didnt see her till the last minute. Slammed the brakes on but owing to the drizzly weather (and the cups lack of abs) i just locked up straight away and slid right into the back of her. I need a new fron bumper and passenger side headlight, if anyone can point me in the direction of these bits thatd be handy. I feel so crap as I dont have 2 pennies to rub together. Her car is gonna cost about £500 to repair and I dont want to go throughh insurance as I cant afford to lose my no claims (20y/o).

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah, lol, she was, nice big hole in the bumper now as it was a Pug 206, and they have a protruding rear tow hook thing, went straight thru my bumper.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
s**t babe :( your not having the best luck at the moment..

wont it go through the insurance?

Clio 1.2 2003 Dynamiquie
I had a cracked light and I used the parts gateway which was about £30 for a new light. Gotten some cheap quotes from them, just we've always needed the parts asap so we've had to go to a garage near us to get the part. But worth a look,

S

Golf GTI PP Mk7
bubs, cud go thru insurance but im only 20 and if i kill my no claims my renewal will just be out of this world.

and your right, life is dealing me a rough hand atm, in the last 2 weeks; ive split with my g/f of nearly2 years, my auntie has died, ive crashed the cup, and we've run out of muller crunch corner,

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I had the same... luckily i was the only one involved with damage so i could do as i pleased..

i thought she would of taken your insurance details to claim?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
no, she was a bit of an ametuer, she didnt even take my reg number. she took 'Lewis' and my mob number, ive since txt her my address tho.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Unlucky bud. Happens to the best of us. As long as she is understanding i'm sure it will all be ok. Look on Ebay for a new headlight. Cheap as chips.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i am, lol, bumper is gonna be pricey tho. thankfully my uncle runs a bodyshop (cars, not womens moisturising cream etc) so i shud be able to sort it.

Oh dear. At least its still on the road mate.....I've heard the stories of cup's starting to drop like fly's once it gets cold and wet. I'm gonna be extra carefull

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
yup the grim reaper will be here soon. Bizarrely mine was killed off in April in glorious sunshine. lol.

80MPG BEEZA
i dont have abs and i'm always careful its good idea to go out and learn how heavy you can brake and how to get out of a skid!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah i know, thing is when ur about to crash everything just through ur mind so fast, it was mental. Only thing that went through my mind whilst skidding was: "OH FCUKING JESUS I CANT AFFORD THIS".

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeh lol, after i bumped someone, i kept thinking if only i steered this way a bit, or put my handbrake on too, or jus been a few feet back or anythin, but wen its about to happen its just holy s**t there is a car sitting there BRAKE.....skid.....skid....bump.....crap

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
spiezels said:
yeh lol, after i bumped someone, i kept thinking if only i steered this way a bit, or put my handbrake on too, or jus been a few feet back or anythin, but wen its about to happen its just holy sh*t there is a car sitting there BRAKE.....skid.....skid....bump.....crap

Exactly my thoughts. When the stupid t**t woman decided to cause my accident, I thought about reversing my car, so that the other car would miss, but didn't. Could have saved me a lot of aggro.

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
Glup i feel for you! Miss ABS when its like that :) (well i dont miss, cause none of my clio's (all three)! have never had it)!

Golf R
sorry to hear that fella, though sounds like it could have been worse (airbags going off etc), hope you manage to get it sorted quickly :)

Clio 172 mk2
Unlucky

You definately don't want her to go through her insurance but it may cost more than you think....someone went into the back of my clio a couple of weeks ago not very hard and it creased the floorpan!

At the end of the day it happens to everyone

Hope you get it sorted

hey up buddy so sorry to here of your news recently and especially this at least mate you are ok and you are worth more than a bloody reanult...maybe not an m3 though mmmmmm lol only joking mate keep an eye on ebay mate or go to partsgateway they always come up trumps for me and are very cheap and they do postage as well take it easy mate things will be right again soon and you will look back on this part of your life and say..i got through with a little help from my friends!!! ;-)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Sorry to here about this, so long as your not hurt, the car can always get fixed.

Engles Mummy
Ah dude, so sorry to hear that.

It's always amusing hearing about a 182 driver crashing because thats just pure comedy! But a 172 cup driver, a fellow brother...thats just upsetting.

I'll think your the first this year to be claimed by the wet? hehe hope you get it sorted m8.

Adam

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Batman said:
i dont have abs and i'm always careful its good idea to go out and learn how heavy you can brake and how to get out of a skid!

That's all very well, but I think this proves again that ABS is indeed a big factor in cup crashes.

People say that if you're taking a corner too fast you'll wipe out anyway, and yes you will. But (and not having a pop Lewis, my first crash was into the back of someone without ABS) in a crash situation, you tense up, it's a natural reaction that's hardwired into us. Which is exactly why in WTCC, F1 all motorsports, where there's a crash, they go into it with the wheels locked up. Nothing you can do about it if you're not expecting it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Subway said:
..It's always amusing hearing about a 182 driver crashing because thats just pure comedy! But a 172 cup driver, a fellow brother...thats just upsetting. ..

Loving the morale there Adam, quality:rasp: