ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS_dave 172 20v clio turbo

Audi A3 V6, Cup 172
Hello again mate, bought back my old Ibiza Cupra so hopefully can get ,one started, is there any mega things that need adapting for this build? Just need some idea or manifold, engine mounts, gearbox etc?

Thanks man, Pm me a reply if you don't want to chat on here :)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hello again mate, bought back my old Ibiza Cupra so hopefully can get ,one started, is there any mega things that need adapting for this build? Just need some idea or manifold, engine mounts, gearbox etc?

Thanks man, Pm me a reply if you don't want to chat on here :smile:

Hi pal aint looked on this for a while hope your still going ahead its pretty much plonk the engine in and make the the mounts lol gearbox one my 5 speed box uses vibratec clio mount just the dog bone and top mount thats custom.

Theres a section of subframe you need to cut out n weld to clear the engine. Its a fsir but of work but worth doing!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well i made the choice to remove the stickers from the bay what a ball ahce that is . Ive also put in a bailey dump valve yes there chavvy (im 3/4 chav) but chatter was so loud from the air filter. Moving the filter into the scuttle didnt help that tbh with wife n kids and thus being my daily i put in a DV pleased with it at the min.

During de sticker dump valve fitted

20150926_111557_resized.jpg

How it sitting now

20151009_164017_resized.jpg
20151003_103335_resized(1).jpg

I still want to do somthing with the paint work inside the engine bay just un sure what yet. I need to get all pipe work matching blue first n some conduit on the wiring.

Ive also been looking into the mapping side of the turbo being a megasquirt ecu i downloaded the software just to look at the map see what it doing. Ive ended up wiring up and setting up launch control and flat shift!

Clio 172
Love this car, did this car ever live in Cannock or do you ever go to cannock? Not many around in this colour

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Love this car, did this car ever live in Cannock or do you ever go to cannock? Not many around in this colour

It did used to live in cannock my mate lives there who ad it before me. He didnt drive it much as it wasnt his daily but yes it came from that way mate. Its a vw grey painted when it was built to match the theme

Clio 172
It did used to live in cannock my mate lives there who ad it before me. He didnt drive it much as it wasnt his daily but yes it came from that way mate. Its a vw grey painted when it was built to match the theme
No way! always use to see it taking my lad to nursery, never knowing what was under the bonnet. Use to have speed lines if I remember rite?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
No way! always use to see it taking my lad to nursery, never knowing what was under the bonnet. Use to have speed lines if I remember rite?
Started on 182 alloys he swapped them for 172 alloys thats what was on it when i bought it. Its nice to know since its builts ive personaly met the owners from andy who built it. So i know its history well as paper trail is cack lol. Its main history is the build thred on here tbf good read that is.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Forgot to say attended the rsuk v jpoc race wars. So to a cone and back really good day ad a blast not quite long enough for boosted cars lol so the std clios where doing very well great mix of cars. A event very much worth doing.
received_1632231843698722.jpeg

me v lees 200t he won lol finished off my tires that day still need to sort some with winter coming unsure what to get.

A few more pics from the day

received_1632231847032055.jpeg
received_1632231827032057.jpeg
FB_IMG_1442259128210.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Been out to see if im getting any flames when on launch control because im sad lol. Well pleased ive sorted this on my own tbh.

Collecting some 172 alloys from @theburns1 on sunday so back 2 square 1 on the alloys front. Mainly because im dumping some slicks on the 15s after xmas see how i can do at pod without thinking about the tyres being bald. So 15s will become spares for now

Bigger intercooler next on the list

Clio 172
Didn't hang about getting them on, looks loads better, actually makes me wonder if I've done the rite thing lol.

The blast out did scare me a little tbh!!! The thing is mental, never been in a Clio that still forces you back in your seat in 4th.

Bet its nice having tread again

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well thanks 2 @MrTom for pointing out the bottom grille isnt very "sleeper" like so while waiting for @JP83 to collect some alloys the grille was put bk in its place

20151027_185350_resized.jpg

Looking at getting spacers for the rear but dunno what size 2 go as i always have people in the back in dont fancy scrubbing

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Popped out then decided to take a pic bloody love this thing i really do!

Need a led number plate light tho which one do i need?
2015-10-27_20.35.36.jpg
2015-10-27_20.36.07.jpg
2015-10-27_20.35.03.jpg
2015-10-27_20.32.15.jpg

Clio 172
Looks awesome mate, can't believe how much the wheels suit the car. Soon as mines on the road we'll have to go for a blast out some where.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks awesome mate, can't believe how much the wheels suit the car. Soon as mines on the road we'll have to go for a blast out some where.

Yeh pal well happy tbh sold the red ones because im so pleased hahaha. Defo go for a drive somewere theres plenty of guys our way to sort somthing out :)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well today ive been and got the tubs some much better condition seats still std ones but much much better!. The drivers seat had a saggy base from when andy sold it n its drove me mad so decided i would get it out. Also theres a fag burn in rear bench so the base will be replaced too.

Ive also managed to get my hands on the rubbers matt that goes into the top dash winner lol

Will be fitting them this week and giving the inside a good hoover as its minging atm due to dust from work.

20151115_160503_resized.jpg

wiped over before fitting

20151115_145908_resized.jpg

no more fag burn in these!
20151115_145055_resized.jpg

old saggy

And the find of the day

20151115_144838_resized.jpg
20151115_145010_resized.jpg

Not much but will make a massive diffrence to the look of the car as seats always been a let down

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well swapped the seats front and rear so no saggy base n no fag burn on the rear bench not that you could see it with the child seat lol.
20151123_090113_resized.jpg

Then when i moved the air filter into the scuttle i noticed the cone filter was s**t n rusty generic crap. So thanks to @MartinR for sorting out his ktec filter fresh oil. Much better RAW from it when at WOT

20151126_132620_resized.jpg
20151126_134225_resized.jpg

Still loads i want to do in the engine bay just dont get the time for it. The whole cars looking down in the dumps with this crap weather so due a good clean soon!.

Today
20151126_134547_resized.jpg

Great the bloody fob brakes lovely got to choose which way 2 go solder or replace the uch n so on.

Booked onto the west midlands Rolling Road day in feb so see what its running was 300hp at 1.1 bar now running 1.4 bar so will be intresting ;-)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
How did you lose to that 200T then?!

Because im a s**t driver lol that racewars isnt all about power the length of the straight is very small so by the time ive got boost im slowing down. Put us on the a long straight was a diffrent story all together. N its around 240hp from a tiny turbo so 0 lag

The golf R that came got beat by a leon 170hp its down to the driver and judging the cone

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Again small update

Put a filter bag over the new filter to keep the water that falls into the scuttle from getting sucked up.
20151206_155301_resized.jpg

Also found out the key ive got for the car dosnt open the door locks lol. So i bought a lock set to swap out the door locks incase of emergancy.
20151206_142810_resized.jpg

20151206_155528_resized.jpg

Last thing was give the girl a clean was looking sorry for herself pic of before and after :)
20151205_090558_resized.jpg

Then good go over came up a treat good polish and wax n 6 hours later
20151205_140511_resized.jpg
20151206_143845_resized.jpg
20151206_143817_resized.jpg

Still need to get my fob situation sorted but at least i can unlock n lock the car via the doors now :)

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Looks stunning mate. Much better with the standard alloys. Makes me want to un Sorn mine and get it fixed ha ha

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks stunning mate. Much better with the standard alloys. Makes me want to un Sorn mine and get it fixed ha ha

Cheers i fell right back in love after giving it a wash. Yeh love how its looking on std 172s. Need to get the plastics done in satin black soon as they are a let down imo

Whats wrong with yours pal?

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Cheers i fell right back in love after giving it a wash. Yeh love how its looking on std 172s. Need to get the plastics done in satin black soon as they are a let down imo

Whats wrong with yours pal?
Turbo nuts wanting to disembark from the manifold yet again. Three of the little b******ds actually managed their daring escape plan but one was too s***t scared to jump so stopped the entire turbo coming off. They were white with the heat. I have paid top dollar for some US ones that the Miata guys use which are supposedly amazing. But I've heard that line before. The joys of booooooosssttt.
I'm just building up the courage to tell my knuckles that they will once again be down to the bare bone fitting them but may let them see Christmas first.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Turbo nuts wanting to disembark from the manifold yet again. Three of the little b******ds actually managed their daring escape plan but one was too s***t scared to jump so stopped the entire turbo coming off. They were white with the heat. I have paid top dollar for some US ones that the Miata guys use which are supposedly amazing. But I've heard that line before. The joys of booooooosssttt.
I'm just building up the courage to tell my knuckles that they will once again be down to the bare bone fitting them but may let them see Christmas first.

Pmsl fair play crap time of year for messing with them tbh

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Pmsl fair play crap time of year for messing with them tbh
Yes indeed. Will probably wait til Jan and let my mechanic mate to do it as he will probably do it in a few hours but it will take me till hell freezes over to get the first one on. Bit of a mechanical Mong tbh. Enthusiastic, love buying fancy tools off eBay etc but mostly end up swearing at my half taken apart car and realising my talent just ran out.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Had this with my traffic key, key cutter at the local homebase fixed it for a tenner

Well swapped the seats front and rear so no saggy base n no fag burn on the rear bench not that you could see it with the child seat lol.
View attachment 141512

Then when i moved the air filter into the scuttle i noticed the cone filter was s**t n rusty generic crap. So thanks to @MartinR for sorting out his ktec filter fresh oil. Much better RAW from it when at WOT

View attachment 141513 View attachment 141514

Still loads i want to do in the engine bay just dont get the time for it. The whole cars looking down in the dumps with this crap weather so due a good clean soon!.

TodayView attachment 141515
Great the bloody fob brakes lovely got to choose which way 2 go solder or replace the uch n so on.

Booked onto the west midlands Rolling Road day in feb so see what its running was 300hp at 1.1 bar now running 1.4 bar so will be intresting ;-)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Spacers would finish that off with the wheels - they've never been quuuuite wide enough 172 wheels - LOVE 172 wheels though!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Spacers would finish that off with the wheels - they've never been quuuuite wide enough 172 wheels - LOVE 172 wheels though!

Its got 25mm on the front needs rears sorting going 15mm on there no extra camber ad to put spacers on front to clear brembos. Agree i do love how its looking on them again :)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well first real issue has shown its face bloody clutch has started to slip when i plant my right foot [emoji19]. So ordered another saches vr6 clutch kit next is to pull the lot out and swap them over 'great'

uploadfromtaptalk1452343861937.jpg