ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cs_rich's Fiesta ST3

cs_rich

ClioSport Club Member
  Not a clio
Once again I've replaced my car on forum advice, albeit a bit sooner than expected thanks to a suicidal deer.

This time around it's a Molten Orange Fiesta ST3:

IMG-20191028-142353a.jpg

and yes, it looks red 95% of the time, but that 5% it looks fantastic.

Nothing major done to it yet other than the usual upgrades to headlights, mats, updating Sync etc. I'm currently looking at a Collins remap with plans to get around to exhaust, IC, induction etc. over the next 12mths. Hopefully all that will see me somewhere around 240bhp which is probably plenty to be going on with.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Still Looking.
Looked at these, and this colour too. Wading through the rubbish proved tough.

Looks great and an all-round fun car.

cs_rich

ClioSport Club Member
  Not a clio
Looked at these, and this colour too. Wading through the rubbish proved tough.

Looks great and an all-round fun car.
Yeah, I'd looked previously when I was shopping for the Megane and it wasn't great pickings. This one popped up literally 9 miles away from me so I got really lucky. Seems to be in a decent condition (barring some stone chips touched up in something other than Molten Orange).

I know someone who will have a pretty lengthy spreadsheet for every aspect of ownership.
I'm no stranger to spreadsheets myself ;)

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Smart little car by the way. (y)

Should make for some similar reading.

Last edited:

cs_rich

ClioSport Club Member
  Not a clio
Standard cat? I found mine way too loud with the MT exhaust and sports cat.

Good to see that has the correct colour seats!
Yeah, standard cat (for now). I've gone for the Milltek non-resonated (non-race) cat-back which is allegedly not too loud.

Not sure which way I'll go on the sports cat as the Collins CP2-E (240bhp) package includes it, but I've heard people say that it's not really a problem until you're north of 250bhp. Either way, a problem for next year I think.

And yes, the coloured seats were definitely a requirement!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Smart little car by the way. (y)

Should make for some similar reading.
If I could make this one again I would, I could make it so much better now...in fact that's how I view all my earlier efforts; terrible and cringeworthy!

Confusingly it's a video that steadfastly refuses to die! 2.5 years old now and it's still clocking up 1k views per month (which is very good for me)!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, standard cat (for now). I've gone for the Milltek non-resonated (non-race) cat-back which is allegedly not too loud.

Not sure which way I'll go on the sports cat as the Collins CP2-E (240bhp) package includes it, but I've heard people say that it's not really a problem until you're north of 250bhp. Either way, a problem for next year I think.

I think you'll be fine without, the exhaust on these was never a limiting factor. I recall one tuner knocking out circa 300bhp on standard exhaust and filter...I think the only thing it had was a bigger intercooler to keep a lid on the temps. Of course they keep that quiet as they want to sell you sh*t you don't need!

massivewangers

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
If I could make this one again I would, I could make it so much better now...in fact that's how I view all my earlier efforts; terrible and cringeworthy!

Confusingly it's a video that steadfastly refuses to die! 2.5 years old now and it's still clocking up 1k views per month (which is very good for me)!
I would certainly echo this, albeit in a slightly different line. As a professional writer/editor, I never read my old work after it's been published, as I will always find stuff I want to change!

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I got 230 bhp and 270 ft lb torque with standard exhaust and intake. Just a £300 remap by eco tune in Glasgow. Before and after rolling road printouts etc.

Even with the m140. I still miss the ST a bit. They are really fun cars to drive. The gear change is the best of any car I’ve driven.

cs_rich

ClioSport Club Member
  Not a clio
I got 230 bhp and 270 ft lb torque with standard exhaust and intake. Just a £300 remap by eco tune in Glasgow. Before and after rolling road printouts etc.

Even with the m140. I still miss the ST a bit. They are really fun cars to drive. The gear change is the best of any car I’ve driven.
Well I've only got the map on so far (exhaust on Monday) and it definitely feels a lot quicker so I'd guess I'm somewhere around their power-wise too.

Big difference is the removal of torque limiters which means it does trouble the ESP in 2nd now, Might be time to replace the ZZ5s with some P4s....

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've only got the map on so far (exhaust on Monday) and it definitely feels a lot quicker so I'd guess I'm somewhere around their power-wise too.

Big difference is the removal of torque limiters which means it does trouble the ESP in 2nd now, Might be time to replace the ZZ5s with some P4s....
I wore out the Pirelli’s in 10 months. Replaced with some continentals and it was miles better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RhysThomass

ClioSport Club Member
  Storm Grey Clio 200

I'll be honest when I had my ST I looked at Collins but in the end went with peron stage 1+. I had the itg intake, scorpion res exhaust. I had the car Dyno'd at a car day at a local remapping firm. Made 239bhp.