ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CTR v Clio Cup

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Ash finally someone with sense...... ;)

I posted this earlier glad we agree, this is fooking petty..

"Why do people do this, they come in here and say I have a faster (a) or (b) is much better looking who gives a toss really. Its the weak minded or brain dead who use this approach, it sounds like a primary school brawl, my daddies bigger than yours blah blah blah.

If you responded to this type of petty argument you are no better than the guy/girl who started this off.

Boo Hoo lets all start bitching whos is better or you could take the mature approach and just ignore these petty childish comments and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Ivan"

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by CTR-219Bhp on 08 May 2003

Ive got an induction kit tested to give 6-7 bhp. Superchip and a magnex exhaust.... Had it RR at 219 but it was a warm day.

Why is that so funny Robfenn??
eh??? Did you buy the Ind kit, exhaust and chip off a saxo owner???

Just out of interest, which rolling road was it??? What was the power @ wheels??

What language do u speak buddy - last time I looked it was spelt LOOSE......................? Clear of now...................

Clio 197

Somebody had a loose screw here.

Loose like goose.

Lose like clues.

Loose opposite of tight.

Lose opposite of win.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Mile High on satelite is top, and lots of fit women in it. Its usually on Sunday night at 10pm on Sky one, quite funny :)

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 09 May 2003

I played tony hawk 3 and im really sh*t at it!

-Rob

I love Tony Hawks Pro Skater Im class at it! Though Im having trouble finding some of the hidden tapes.

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 09 May 2003

-Rob

I love Tony Hawks Pro Skater Im class at it! Though Im having trouble finding some of the hidden tapes.

Ive only got to the airport level, im struggling to get the normal score target of 75,000 :cry: The tutorial thing is soo sh*t. I may have to resort to cheating!

-Rob

Kill him!

Never tried an xbox to be honest, i cant be arsed to upgrade every gizmo anymore. The PS2 will do :) All i want now is Gran Turismo 4, 1000 cars!

-Rob

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

To be fair I havent played on mine for a few weeks but Motogp rocks and so to does Crash Bandicot..

All in all its a pc in a games console frame with a sh1t hot graphics card and sound processor.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

XBox = Crap
PS2 = Craper

Though I have never played on either but that makes no difference I am obviously an expert and I say they are crap.

As for Tony Hawk I only have 1 & 2 but not 3 but I love them will be investing in 3 real soon.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Rob you can pick it up for £129 and the xbox live set costs about £35. Not used the live version yet as I havent got ADSL yet !

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Top man.. Got Sega GT 2002 with it and this game rocks but Rallisport challenge is the nuts for car handling, Motogp is great for lighting effect and Splinter Cell, well what can I say, bring Splinter Cell 2 out...

Yeah i dont get all that stuff, some of my games, like Time Splitters have an option to play over the net but i have no plugs or anything to go into my telehphone socket? Can someone explain?

-Rob

No PS2 but theres still some link up sh*t you can do.

Its quite worrying that all this internet stuff is what i do as ajob and i know sweet f a!

-Rob

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Not to sure about PS2 I think you have to buy a module to bolt on for it.

With the XBOX you plug a network lead from the ADSL socket into you XBOX and then run up the XBOX live pack you get and vola 1 xbox live to go...

Clio v6

-Rob
Nice one Rob. I must remember that line for the next "mine is better than yours post"

What a topic killer LOL :D

Fred, like your questions there ;)

I must admit that 219bhp is quite optimistic for a ctr with a super chip and induction kit, even on a car with 197bhp standard (if lucky) 4 or 5 bhp is probably average for an increase, and you would normally find that what has changed is the way the torque is delivered, the induction kit would be next to useless also as this would have been optimised already for an engine thats had its praises sung by pretty much everyone (its just ashame there are so many CTRs for sale in the second hand market just now :eek:)

As for being as common as scoobys.... LOL!!! well i have to dont i ;) as there are more CTRs around here than there are Subarus, and Imprezas have been around 11 years, the CTR in its 2ltr form for what? 2 year?? (and already put on the shelf by the motoring press who are fed up of its not quite up to it steering and not quite the best handling car it should be) but then again, if people are only interested in straight line speed, this is the car they should go for (id prefer something different and unusual like a SEAT Leon Cupra R myself that has a/c and a host of other goodies that honda forgot to put in the CTR).

Just my opinion though ;)

Tony

how do you quantify that the 186bhp is a true and valid?

measuring ATW is easy as its a known amount.....such and such a leverage will equate to such and such a BHP.....but the fly....thats another matter....

you can fiddle a few things and BHP at the fly can go up or down to the operators delight.

What I meant was - the cups/172 are meant to have 172 at the fly (not the wheels) coz all manufacturers power figures are taken at the fly so if someone gets a reading of 186 either the RR is out or they have a scorcher engine?

rofl u lot make me laugh not that ure silly or ne thign it sjsut this is pointless :) ctrs being bad handling?? hmm and being put on the shelf, same wit the clio then? i think not :), i think they did a track day between most of the production hatches and the ctr came first, think this is the link..

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5540&highlight=autocarhttp://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5540&highlight=autocar

now i dont know if ure ognna say that this is crap i dont really care but it was the same conditions for lal cars... but this doesnt mena it hold for all situations, but i am sorry but it doesnt come down to speed it comes down to a lot of other things, like looks and residuals etc.. now some of u seem really open to fair comment, but some of u are jsut being plain rude, i could make snide comments but i dont want to taint u all, i have ahd my ctr form the age of 18 now.. i am lucky i admit but i expec tto see this on a slow cars forum, not a fast car thread, they are both so evenly mastched but the civic if driven the way it should is amazing and i am willing to show ne one here.. on a track cos its too expensiv eot damage :)

As i siad before enjoy ya car no need ot be so defensive :) we all know which we owuld rather have :)P playing guys and gals :p

S2000

Autocar did a test last year, where the normal 172 beat the CTR round a track by a full second!

Dunno how that helps..........

Rich D can probably confirm this but i think someone like evo put a 306 rallye v a CTR on a track and the Rallye won easily ;)

Taking into consideration that this car is based upon one thats been around for a few more years than a ctr i think honda got it wrong with the slogan bye bye gti as peugeot are probably using bye bye ctr ;)

Annihilation, No doubt as your so young the 197bhp took your fancy and thats why you purchased a CTR, now when you have been driving hot hatches as long as some of the people on here (me included) you will understand that performance isnt everything (as one of the best and still rated as one of the ultimate performance hot hatches is a 306 GTi-6) and having owned cars that have feel in the steering wheel (my old ren 19 16v was probably one of the best in this department even if it only had 137bhp) you may well find that your flattered by your ctr, on the other hand ive had a little more experience in this field ;) and i dont like the way the ctr feels or its power delivery (and i still wonder where the 90% of the torque is as its not at 3000 rpm!).

Get yourself a proper car and learn to drive first before being overwhelmed by a car that will bite you when you mess up (which will be quite often me thinks).

Tony