ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup 172 Vs Polo

Lee

BMW M2C

Si, have you been killing kittens? Youre having a serious run of bad luck mate. Hope it all gets sorted.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

sh!t bad new mate....You dont ever seem to have much luck........

Si, what the hell happened!! Feel for you dude, you dont seem to be having the best of luck with that car at the moment! And just when you said you werent going to be spending any more on the car! Doh!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Basically im driving down the road to work, come to a small village, very tight right hand bend with a row of shops. Some tw*t parked on the side of the road with a 4x4 on double yellows.

As I come down towards this corner, following a silver VW Polo, its a bit greasy, a bit slippy-slidey and the sun is right in my eyes. The Polo is following a Merc Sprinter, which cant quite make the corner and jumps on the anchors and stops in the middle of this A-Road.

Its a 30 limit and I was doing about 25mph, the Merc Jumps to a stop, the Polo sees it late like me and has ABS and stops like a rocket - I was just a passenger, hit the brakes and it knocked he speed down and then locked a wheel, aiming for the arse of her car full on, i lift the brake at the last second and swerve to avoid.

I have just nicked the arse off her Polo, but taken the full brunt of it on my Clio :(

Gutted. Insurance company sorting it out now.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yup im at fault. Annoying circumstances - but at the end of the day my car hit hers, so its my fault.

Nevermind its only plastic. Will be back on the road again soon.... (dejavu?!)

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

could have been a lot worse!! looks like you could get a way with the headlight.

DIY fix - but if shes claiming on you why bother i spose!

Feel for you - this weather is a nightmare :(

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Headlight is totaly detatched from the car - now held in place by good old gaffer tape.

Yeah she needs to claim as her 54 plate Polo was brand new. So Im gonna claim to. Nevermind! Saves me getting the bumper resprayed.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Good point Optical. I feel much better now.

At the very last moment before hitting her, wheel locked, i lifted and decided to try and avoid her. Had I hit her clean on thats what would have happened to my car.

Thankfully those final few mph were absorbed by the plastics.

It will return. Watch this space.

fooking hell Si, thats all 3 parts of the bad luck over now, things can only get better from here

hope all is sorted quickly and easily and youre back on the road again soon

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Oh and I got a parking ticket when I got back to work as well.

LOL. Not really my 2004!

your wheel locked, it wouldnt have with ABS, you could have simply stood on the pedal as hard as possible! and would have found it a lot easier to change direction whilst braking as hard as possible...

anyway Im not having a dig mate, sorry to see the damage, looks like you did a good job in damage limitation anyway! :cool:

K20 EG Hatch

aww, feel for ya mate, one of them things, it happens an u have to live with it. Dnt look bad and the insurance will sort it all swiftly im sure!

Looks alot like what i did to mine back in march or whenever it was.

Uploader int workin, would have shown u a pic!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Dont worry Civic_Legend. Im having a sh*t day and feeling a bit ratty! Apologies for earlier post. Im sure ABS, EBD, AYC, TC, EBS, AOFA (Any Other f**king Acronym!) would have probably helped... nevermind!

One of them theings indeed and now in the comfortable hands of my insurance company who were very quick to deal with it. Hopeflly get it all done whilst im in Belgium.

Yaris Hybrid

Blimey glad I skipped the Cup and went for a 182 now.

Wont cost much to fix, better to pay with cash aint it? Save your insurance premium going up and if you have a decent sized excess it wont cost much more than claiming when all said and done?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ermmm Toypop sadly not.

Front bumper is like £250-300 + paint + fitting
Front wing is like £50-75 + paint + fitting
Front Inner splash guard £25-30
Anything else?!

So thats like £400 + in parts at least - probably nearer £1,000 with paint, and thats like without taking into account anything else thats broken, nuts, bolts, screws and fittings and stuff, labour... a headlight....

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yeah all starts to get a bit pricey, so for the sake of £350 and a dented pride - I thought Id take it on the chin and get the insurance company to sort it out.