ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup insurance!

Ph1 172

Just got my insurance through for my new 172 cup. Im only 19 an was being quoted £4500 to £5000, but then went found elephant.co.uk and they sorted me out for £2169 fully comp.

Ive got one years ncb

Got my mum and dad on insurance

And all of us have clean licences.

Very happy with quote although it seems a little high, but just got to remember im 19 with a 172 cup:D

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

elephant quoted me £8000 on a cup, 21,with 2 yrs ncb, garaged, no points, in a nice area!!

needless to say I didnt go with them!!

Im 24 and have been quoted about £900 on a cup by Renault Insurance with 2yrs NC.

Their number is 08700242407 if you want to try them?

£2169- jeez you have more money than sense...

Im 21 four years no claims and I think that £1300 with tesco is still expensive for my 172 mk3. ha but then Im a tight fisted Scot! insurance is such a rip off.

E39 M5

I got £750 from admiral, 25 live in London 3 yrs NCB and an accident last year (Also my girlfriend is on as well).........Am looking to get a 255 V6 and was quoted £1300.

Quote: Originally posted by Nathan H on 22 April 2004

Just got my insurance through for my new 172 cup. Im only 19 an was being quoted £4500 to £5000, but then went found elephant.co.uk and they sorted me out for £2169 fully comp.

Ive got one years ncb

Got my mum and dad on insurance

And all of us have clean licences.

Very happy with quote although it seems a little high, but just got to remember im 19 with a 172 cup:D

are you named as the main driver ? if not, youre committing fraud. Id love to see you have a big accident and the loss adjuster get involved, youll be f**ked completely. if you cant afford to insure a car legally, without lieing, in your own name... YOU CANT AFFORD THE CAR !!!!

Tappd'd RS

i think nathan means he has his mum and dad as named drivers with him as the owner / main driver.

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 27 April 2004

i think nathan means he has his mum and dad as named drivers with him as the owner / main driver.
so, he has put his mum and dad as occasional drivers ? theres no pont to that, as the premium is assessed and quoted on the highest risk person, HIM !!

All this having parents on insurance bullsh*t amazes me, if you cant afford to do it correctly and LEGALLY, you CANT AFFORD IT

Whats the problem with it...if he wants his parents on the policy then he can have them on it...If he is the main driver then whats the problem.

I had my parent on the insurance when i was his age and i was the main driver. If he is not the main driver he won;t get any NCB and will never have cheap insurance

There was nothing illegal about that...

Good luck to him if he can afford a CUP and the insurance at 19 then fair play.

jesus y cant he put his parents on the policy?? also it does adjust the quote through elephant mny quote came down £400 by adding other named drivers

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by ianC on 27 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 27 April 2004

so, he has put his mum and dad as occasional drivers ? theres no pont to that - eh, if they are gonna drive it then theres every point to it, as the premium is assessed and quoted on the highest risk person, HIM !! - I agree

All this having parents on insurance bullsh*t amazes me, if you cant afford to do it correctly and LEGALLY, you CANT AFFORD IT - theres absolutely nothing illegal about this!

:confused: Fair plate to Nathan, Id have loved a cup at 19, in fact, Id have loved any car at 19!

brand new 172 cup....

26.... no no claims (Always been a named driver on other cars but never had a claim/incident) driving since 17.....essex address... £599 + 5% tax....that is their 10 month accelarator deal and I paid in one hit.... even pro rated to 12 months this is miles cheaper than the quotes I got elsewhere!! imagine my delight:D

im talking about people who say their car is their parents, and they are the second driver. its fraud, simple as that, and im glad non of those f**kwitts that do it have hit my car yet, becuase if its a big accident, and a loss adjuster gets involved, they... and me, are f**ked

why does it bring your premium DOWN if you say other people are driving your car as well as you ? if you are truthfull about the miles you are going to do each year, then its only going to put your premium up, as the car will be used more. All thse loopholes are b****cks.... get the car in your name, insure it just for you, and do it properly, if you cant afford to do that, as i keep saying, you cant afford the car

Tappd'd RS

most of the time, people add other people to their insurance to allow them to drive their car, not to make it cheaper ... but ...

Owner & Spouse policies are cheaper than just owner, especially if it is a male owner - fact! My Dad has one of these with Norwich Union.

Tappd'd RS

... a loss adjuster gets involved, they... and me, are f**ked
I think only they will be f**ked, I believe you would be ok, just like if they had only 3rd party (you) insurance - can anyone confirm this. Ive got a mate who works for an insurance company Im sure he told me this.

By adding my mother as a named driver on MY policy it saved me £100. FACT!

Its not the case I cant afford the insurance (or the car) as its only £700 (I live in London which is why its that high!) but why pay them an extra £100 when I dont need to?

Dont ask me why this works but it does.

When I was 20 I was paying £2000 in a 172 Mk2 with Tescos.

Any YES it did make it CHEAPER to put my dad on the policy as a NAMED driver, although when i added my mum the policy went up again. Women eh ?!!

Paying that much for insurance is well worth it. You shouldnt look at the £2000 on its own. Its HOW MUCH MORE its cost that driving a crap car.

I would rather pay an extra £1000 per year to drive a 172 rather that a Punto Sporting for example !

Quote: Originally posted by Ruprect on 27 April 2004

brand new 172 cup....

26.... no no claims (Always been a named driver on other cars but never had a claim/incident) driving since 17.....essex address... £599 + 5% tax....that is their 10 month accelarator deal and I paid in one hit.... even pro rated to 12 months this is miles cheaper than the quotes I got elsewhere!! imagine my delight:D
Where from?

Ph1 172

My mum and dad do use the car as well, so there is a need to have them on the policy and yes it does bring price down, because are seen as mature experianced drivers that pose less of a threat to them.

im talking about the w**kers that put the car in their parents name, and pay for them to insure it and them as a name driver, when all along its them driving it. f**k them, i hope they get paralysed in a accident that involves nobody else

why does it bother you so ooooooooooo much!! it does not concern you what somebody else does. sod declaring everything to the insurance companys, if you have a shed load of points and a ban i have recently sussed there is no point in declaring them if you only want 3rd party insurance on an old banger. You can save yourself £500 in insurance and still be fully insured 3rd party as long as the ins comp dont find out and cancel policy :)

if for some reason you dont have the balls to do what he did then dont complain on the grounds that he pays less for his insurance than you

Ph1 172

At the end of the day we all good clios we should all get along together weather or not we have fully comp or third partyinsurance.

Also I aint made of money, im only a landrover apprentice and once I have paid for the car and my insurance it only leaves me with £250 a month.

Quote: Originally posted by toonboy on 27 April 2004

why does it bother you so ooooooooooo much!! it does not concern you what somebody else does. sod declaring everything to the insurance companys, if you have a shed load of points and a ban i have recently sussed there is no point in declaring them if you only want 3rd party insurance on an old banger. You can save yourself £500 in insurance and still be fully insured 3rd party as long as the ins comp dont find out and cancel policy :)

if for some reason you dont have the balls to do what he did then dont complain on the grounds that he pays less for his insurance than you
i dont have the balls to do what he has done ? what a cun.t you appear to be !

it bothers me when wan.kers like him get fraudulant insurance, crash into me, get a loss adjuster out, cancel his policy, and leave me fuc.ked for the repairs to my car, its wan.kers like him that are putting premiums up, are you a thick b*****d who cant grasp this ?

what part of being hit by somebody with fraudualnt insurance seems ok to you then ? is it the part of having to sue him persoanlly for your losses that seems ok ? or the part of YOUR premiums going up, simply because twa.ts buy cars they cant afford to insure ? or are you just a rebel without a clue ?

i dont think you seem to grasp what i said, i stated quite clearly that as long as you are insured fraudulently or not the insurance company has to pay out third party whatever. Its people with NO insurance you need to worry about.

it bothers me when wan.kers like him get fraudulant insurance, crash into me, get a loss adjuster out, cancel his policy, and leave me fuc.ked for the repairs to my car, its wan.kers like him that are putting premiums up, are you a thick b*****d who cant grasp this ?
what part of being hit by somebody with fraudualnt insurance seems ok to you then ? is it the part of having to sue him persoanlly for your losses that seems ok ? or the part of YOUR premiums going up, simply because twa.ts buy cars they cant afford to insure ? or are you just a rebel without a clue ?
DOnt worry as long as he is insured to drive the car then if he crashed you or any 3rd party is able to cliam its the law. Its the cost of repairs to his car that is under question.

The insurer may chase them for the money they had to pay out on the policy which was invalid.

I know what you mean about people driving under other peoples names and I agree with you thats its wrong both illegal and unjust but there are uninsured drivers out there there more of a worry to me.

£322 fully comp, admiral.com! Age 29, full no claims, no points, my insurance policy dropped £100 by adding my mum on the policy, not that shes ever going to get the chance of kerbing my alloys!!! 10,000 miles per year and covered for commuting.

i got a quote of tesco and it was £1100 for a 182

I am 21 and have 2 yrs ncb

I thought that price was really good, as i paid £700 on a 1.1 saxo 8 months ago. So when i get my new car it should only be about a 200 to upgrade the policy to a 182

I find tesco and direct line are the best

some others may give you a good quote but it depends