ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D11CUP RB182 project thread

2004 Racing Blue 182
It has a ITG induction kit, and a JanSpeed exhaust + de-cat.

I went in wanting a smoother power delivery and to remove the pop and bang noises from the exhaust. All that has been done and it's making the power that it should be so I'm pretty pleased overall.

I did notice that on the way back from RST this morning that I have developed a weird noise coming from the front of the car. I seems to be linked to the wheels moving! It's really difficult to explain as its not a scratching, grinding, clicking noise or anything like that. It isn't the engine I don't think as it only does it when the wheels are turning, its not linked to the revs or the clutch either! I'm gonna have to get the front end in the air and see if i can hear it from outside the car.

2004 Racing Blue 182
At a guess

180bhp/160lb torque.

:smile:

That's a great figure for an almost standard car, i'd be chuffed with that......... with a milltek cat-back, ktec induction kit and engine dynamics map mine made 180.9bhp so pretty much the same!

So 180BHP and 160ft/lb torque? I have absolutely no idea about torque figures 😂 but please with the 180bhp. thats what I was hoping for to be fair as I know these engines can be hit and miss when it comes to making the magical '182' figure!

cheers guys.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Cheers man, i'll see if I can check it out before weekend, but I don't think i'll get time. I'm hoping it's not the driveshaft, but knowing my luck recently, it probably will be 😂😂

Even if it is a driveshaft, although annoying, it's not the most difficult/expensive job to do.

2004 Racing Blue 182
Just seen you by Batley Park. Car looks absolutely stunning. Real credit to you!

Cheers man, I can’t take the credit though, the previous owners have really looked after her.

I was wondering if someone might see me today with the roads being quiet, a fair few of us knocking about in Leeds area now.

What were you driving??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
It has a ITG induction kit, and a JanSpeed exhaust + de-cat.

I went in wanting a smoother power delivery and to remove the pop and bang noises from the exhaust. All that has been done and it's making the power that it should be so I'm pretty pleased overall.

I did notice that on the way back from RST this morning that I have developed a weird noise coming from the front of the car. I seems to be linked to the wheels moving! It's really difficult to explain as its not a scratching, grinding, clicking noise or anything like that. It isn't the engine I don't think as it only does it when the wheels are turning, its not linked to the revs or the clutch either! I'm gonna have to get the front end in the air and see if i can hear it from outside the car.

There's only one logical answer. It's now making so much power it's blown a driveshaft in the first 24 hours, didn't know RSTuning were that good.

Cheers man, I can’t take the credit though, the previous owners have really looked after her.

I was wondering if someone might see me today with the roads being quiet, a fair few of us knocking about in Leeds area now.

What were you driving??

It looked spot on tbh. Made me miss my old RB.
I was incognito in a black Honda Jazz!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2004 Racing Blue 182
I’m visiting my Sister and Brother in law this weekend down south, my brother in law has this little clio tucked away in his garage, owned since 2005.

672b5f81db9237cd3bb37526800d9573.jpg

2004 Racing Blue 182
2005!? Has he had it from brand new? Looks a stunner in that photo!

It’s an 04 I think, bought it about 6-8 months old. It’s spent the last couple years living the majority of the year in an oxygen tent [emoji23]

I’m trying to persuade him to take me out in it this weekend but it’s not taxed.

It is pretty mint to be fair. He has a couple things that need sorting on it.

2004 Racing Blue 182
Just about to leave for Bram Racing. New tyres, camber bolts and alignment.

Looking forward to that.

Updates to follow [emoji41]

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just about to leave for Bram Racing. New tyres, camber bolts and alignment.

Looking forward to that.

Updates to follow [emoji41]

Hope it goes a bit smoother this time, I'm sure it will.

Ask them if they've got the engine out of the Lexus yet ;)

2004 Racing Blue 182
Hope it goes a bit smoother this time, I'm sure it will.

Ask them if they've got the engine out of the Lexus yet ;)

The exhaust is lying under the car, and the front end is much higher than the back so I reckon it’s engineless [emoji23]

2004 Racing Blue 182
Update.

Arrived at Bram Racing at 9, left about 1.

4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 in 195/45/16 fitted and balanced, 2 Eibach camber bolts added, and wheel alignment sorted.

4efafc2bf531c98beea16dc623044c29.jpg

86e5de9d9e05cf47b452ae95c0ad70db.jpg

980f2b2b4c5d00a3a2f5257af22d124a.jpg

ebebeea93232ca76bb2323efd626cd3b.jpg

d89fe2dbd1f99585bbdff2df06de192e.jpg

And Brad confirmed my suspicions about the noise coming from the front of the car, he thinks it is probably a driveshaft. So that will need sorting ASAP. But will have to hang on until I’ve saved some coin to do it!

Drove the car back down the M62 and pretty much straight to work so haven’t had a chance to have a play yet to see how she feels, but hopefully will get out before weekend.

Top stuff from Brad. Worth the journey.

NV

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
The exhaust is lying under the car, and the front end is much higher than the back so I reckon it’s engineless [emoji23]

They were just removing it the last time me and @Louis were there. It didn't have an exhaust on it and it was very very loud haha.

With the eibach camber bolts, this will sound thick, but what do they actually do? Much gain from having them?

Been reading about them recently but still not 100%, I've got new genuine cup shocks and cooksports so not too different from your set up

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
With the eibach camber bolts, this will sound thick, but what do they actually do? Much gain from having them?

Been reading about them recently but still not 100%, I've got new genuine cup shocks and cooksports so not too different from your set up
Allows you to adjust the camber on the shock. Gives you about 2 degrees I believe. Just means you can sort out the camber so it's correct then adjust the toe to suit.

2004 Racing Blue 182
That makes sense! So worth doing then? Considering they are only about 20 quid!

Not sure from driving point of view yet as haven’t had chance to really drive properly. But for the sake of £20 and half an hours fitting, defo worth it.

2004 Racing Blue 182
Very true! Will be very interested to see what you think when you drive it properly :up:

Ive just driven the slightly longer way home as there is a 50mph twisty section. The car feels a lot lighter on its feet than it did before this morning. Turns in much sharper and doesn't feel like I'm trying to fight the wheel to get it to turn in. if that makes sense. It's like I've given it an energy drink 😂

Not sure I should be driving it too hard if the driveshaft needs replacing though. Would you guys advise changing both sides, or is it OK to just change one side?

2004 Racing Blue 182
Oh and this is probably a stupid question, but will replacing the driveshaft knock the alignment out as i'd be removing the hub and attached components wouldn't I?

Ive just driven the slightly longer way home as there is a 50mph twisty section. The car feels a lot lighter on its feet than it did before this morning. Turns in much sharper and doesn't feel like I'm trying to fight the wheel to get it to turn in. if that makes sense. It's like I've given it an energy drink 😂

Yeah makes sense. Easy to fit and then the alignment place adjusts to suit.

That's the next purchase sorted then 😂

2004 Racing Blue 182
61c4d30b3fc6242dd8395e4100f746c4.jpg

Am I being thick, or is my internal temperature sensor missing???

Is this why my climate is only blowing warm air on anything but mini??

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
61c4d30b3fc6242dd8395e4100f746c4.jpg

Am I being thick, or is my internal temperature sensor missing???

Is this why my climate is only blowing warm air on anything but mini??

Mine is the same. I did search but all I found was threads about the temp sensor missing. Seems there may be a different sensor in the 182 but I didn't find a solution as to why the climate wouldn't work properly

2004 Racing Blue 182
Mine is the same. I did search but all I found was threads about the temp sensor missing. Seems there may be a different sensor in the 182 but I didn't find a solution as to why the climate wouldn't work properly

Hmm,

Bugs me that I can’t have a constant temperature in the cabin. It’s either AC on and it’s cold, or AC not on and it’s boiling!