ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D4F 1.2 16V 03 Clio ECU Pinout needed

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble fixing an abs fault on my clio, tried diagnostics (4 different machines, 2 being renault clips) and none can seem to access the ABS ECU to obtain any fault codes.

I have tried having the ABS unit replaced (Pump+ECU unit), and had it back on the diagnostics but the machines can still not access the ABS ECU.

I was advised by the garage that it could well be damaged cabling in the loom somewhere? After much research I found a common problem was the "Black Box" connector on top of the ECU. After (painfully) removing the metal box, and the glue stuff I noticed some of the wires have been chaffed through. I have had these fixed up and covered, along with padding the box and leaving the cover off to prevent any more damage.

This did not however solve the ABS issue, and after yet another trip to the garage they suggested to try a continuity test on the plug going into the ABS ECU to the plugs on the other end of the looms. However, I'm struggling to work out where all the pins out of the ABS unit lead to.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any pin out diagrams for the D4F engine for the ABS and ECU systems. I'm particularly after anything that will help with tracing where a possible broken wire or damaged connector/plug could be.

Thanks,

Gary.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
The black box is on the back of the engine, if you look you should be able to see two looms going into the ecu, the left connector is covered by the black box. To remove I simply used a small allen key and a mirror to see what I was doing. Keep rotating the wheel, it does take a while! Every now and then give the top of the box a tug to see if you have moved the catch out of the way enough. I spent ages twisting the wheel only to realise I just needed to tug at it earlier on to get it off so keep checking as you go along. To remove the bottom half, I simply bent it towards the back of the engine bay and removed it!

Anyone have any ideas on this ABS issue? Still having problems after fixing up the wires chaffed by the black box.

Phase 2 172
check the wiring loom where it comes out from the battery tray area to go over the gearbox, wires in there can get corroded and could be the one for the live feed to the abs computer