ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan…’s Titanium Renaultsport 182

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
FINALLY!

After wanting one for what seems like forever - Ever since I first passed my test and became a member on this Forum I now finally have one. I’ve done nothing but go on and on to all of my friends and family about wanting one, I think they’ll all be glad for me to finally give it a rest! lol

I’d originally told myself I wanted something “different” from the norm - A Liquid Yellow or Racing Blue etc. but it never goes to plan does it! When I saw this advertised I just had to take a look. The condition and history of the car makes up for it not being my first choice of colour. Having said that, I am seriously impressed with the colour already - The flake/pop is incredible!

So, I sold my car Friday night, arranged a viewing for this on Sunday, left a deposit later that day and picked it up last night!

Spec:

• Titanium Silver
  • 2004 Plate
  • 50,000 miles
  • Full service history
  • 1 previous owner from new
  • Factory sat-nav
  • iPod connectivity
  • Uprated Alpine speakers all round
  • Cup pack (spoiler and splitter)
  • Eibach Sportline Springs
  • Braided brake lines front and rear
  • Ferodo ds2500 front pads
  • Brembo HC front brake discs
  • OMP front strut brace
  • Miltek stainless steel exhaust system
  • Powdercoated inlet manifold and fuel rail cover
  • K-tec panel filter
  • Cup spec 16" Speedline Turinis

It is clear the previous owner has taken really good care of it and I couldn’t be happier with it.

The car has pretty much everything I wanted so there isn’t too much i’d like to add in terms of modifications. However there are a couple of things on the list:

New style RS badge
Battery Cover
Sprayed Engine cover
Sprayed Gloss or Stain black front grill
Possibly slightly darker side bullets
Aero Blades
Get my private plate transferred!
Tidy up the slight mark/scrape on the front bumper

But other than that I’ll just be keeping it clean, tidy and continue to look after it in a way that the previous owner has.

Anyway, enough chat, here are some pictures…

15113968416_274fde4184_c.jpg

New car-1
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950324860_358da4e769_c.jpg

New car-2
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950330480_1679ab4e8a_c.jpg

New car-3
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950436457_1de4f39980_c.jpg

New car-4
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
15136993675_6f063d2f29_c.jpg

New car-5
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950304449_eb0bec9c88_c.jpg

New car-6
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950309759_49f6118b3f_c.jpg

New car-7
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950455047_996b2a5a2a_c.jpg

New car-8
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950319219_a414f732e9_c.jpg

New car-9
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950463138_6553a378f1_c.jpg

New car-10
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14950327129_fdedb7353b_c.jpg

New car-11
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
15134053161_b5b6da96d2_c.jpg

New car-12
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
15136970015_84f5dbb7e4_c.jpg

New car-14
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Titanium is for hero's, epic colour in the sun.

Your car looks mint, such a good spec. I bet you are over the moon mate. :)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats! Looks lovely :)

Enjoy it. Good spec and plans sound good aswell.

That's bloody lovely

Bar the strut brace.

Titanium is for hero's, epic colour in the sun.

Your car looks mint, such a good spec. I bet you are over the moon mate. :)
Thanks guys! I'm absolutely over the moon with it :)

I completely agree with you with regards to the strut brace, the red clashes. I'll be adding it to the list of things to do.
Factory sat nav you baller
Apparently, one of only 12 made in this colour with the satnav option ;)

Nissan 350z
Great pics, what camera out of interest?

Be careful that your exhaust doesnt melt your bumper with the tips being so close to the plastic like that!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Great pics, what camera out of interest?

Be careful that your exhaust doesnt melt your bumper with the tips being so close to the plastic like that!
Thank you - It's a Nikon D3000 with a 35mm 1.8

That's a good point, thanks. I'll try sort it out this weekend. It'll explain why occasionally I hear a rattle from the exhaust... Especially when in reverse

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
That looks stunning
Thank you!
Ah love a Ti Silver, need to change those plates though ;)
I'll be putting my private plates on so I'm not too bothered atm :)
Looks awesome mate! Look forward to you taking me for a spin in it soon.
Haha okay!
That looks spot on mate!
Thanks Jack
What an upgrade! That looks lovely and fresh mate, I bet you're chuffed to bits! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh :)
I really am...I'll try remember to come along to the next Newark meet if your going to be there?
Looks excellent!
Thanks George :)

Mini GP2
Soooooooo clean...... enjoy it and i am sure it was worth the wait. Welcome to RenaultSport ownership :)

Clio MK3
Awesome upgrade and great photos! Enjoy the new car :) I'm guessing the upgrade from the 1.2TCE feels great?! Can't wait till I can get a sport :)

Clio 182 - RB
Congrats pal, looks really clean! Can't wait till i'm 21 and insurance drops down loads so i can finally get a 182 [emoji2][emoji2]

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats pal, looks really clean! Can't wait till i'm 21 and insurance drops down loads so i can finally get a 182 [emoji2][emoji2]
Insurance is a b**ch :(... I'm 19 so I feel your pain!

Get a quote from Brentacre on here, they've given me a really good price on this, especially considering it includes all of the modifications. They allow you to add anything at not extra cost providing it doesn't increase the power.

2004 clio 182 ff
I'm sure you'll look after him dan. Been an awesome car to own over last 3.5yrs :) have fun!!

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Always think Silver 1*2's are a bit meh until they're clean and they look mint. Will be keeping my eye on this thread.

Great pics too.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have any suggestions what colour I should get the engine cover sprayed?

The inlets are currently powered coated black so ideally something that works well with black? I'd also try and get the strut brace done in the same colour as the engine cover rather that the red.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
James' old 182! Seen this in the flesh, really is as nice as it looks in the photos. Stunning car

Plans sound nice mate :)

Do the engine cover anthracite!

Clio 182 - RB
Insurance is a b**ch :(... I'm 19 so I feel your pain!

Get a quote from Brentacre on here, they've given me a really good price on this, especially considering it includes all of the modifications. They allow you to add anything at not extra cost providing it doesn't increase the power.

I'm with them now on my VTS at 20, great prices, will deffo be getting a tidy 182 when 21! Good luck with it matey, have fun! [emoji2][emoji2]

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all of your comments everyone!

Although it didn't particularly need it, I gave the car a quick clean and polished the exhausts tips - They aren't perfect just yet but they are much better. I need to find out what @jimmy_b used on the paintwork as the sealant/protection is incredible - Even the plastic was beading!

I'm currently trying to convince my parents to let me clear the garage out so that I can keep the car garaged ...for some reason I feel guilty leaving outside exposed to the elements lol.

I couldn't help but take some more 'arty farty' photos :p

15157216982_73efa50c99_c.jpg

First Clean-1
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
15157233542_aa02c3d79c_c.jpg

First Clean-2
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
15157654875_3a2d59610f_c.jpg

First Clean-4
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14971097127_5dc6b5caa7_c.jpg

First Clean-5
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14971109967_f3e3b32ca9_c.jpg

First Clean-6
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14971031700_ba35d1b0ca_c.jpg

First Clean-7
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14971141508_16890ca615_c.jpg

First Clean-8
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14971157498_b4a77e2c1e_c.jpg

First Clean-9
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
14971075960_2e080ecb07_c.jpg

First Clean-10
by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

2004 clio 182 ff
Dan... Tbh I used to used dodo juice on it but its all autoglym now. Super resin polish followed by HD wax :) he's look really clean as always fella. Keep it up lol

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Dan... Tbh I used to used dodo juice on it but its all autoglym now. Super resin polish followed by HD wax :) he's look really clean as always fella. Keep it up lol
Ahh fair enough, you've done a good job anyway! :)
Lovely! It's a great feel jumping from a non sport to a 1*2 :)

Are you at Trax tomorrow?
Thanks Joe, tell me about it - no better feeling :)

Unfortunately not, I'm off on holiday on Monday so need to get a few bits sorted before.
I'm going to the end of season french car show one though!