ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Change of plan, going with high comp on the ITBS. Too much work and frankly I don't think I've got the enthusiasm, nor Fred to be bothered with it. Too many niggles coming up with it sat around.

Rods and pistons and probably valves, will do me. Sick it of being off the road now.

Just picked up a Fiesta ST with all the whistles and bells to keep me occupied in the mean time and to get from A to B

Qashcow

secretly this is what I always wanted you to do. Having had a boosted clio, I dont think it suits the car's character tbh. NA revvy trooper, thats where it's at

sorry to hear the news about the Fiesta x

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

nice car. bet its fun to drive with the ITB's :)

EDIT: ive just noticed how old this thread is. sorry.

Evo 5 RS
My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Lol worth is a matter of opinion. But I'm looking forward to it!

Fred took the most hanging engine off me previously and made it go well lol. So I have every faith that it'll be great.

Evo 5 RS

A wise choice this car should always be itb'd, suits the look.

Any pictures of the fiesta.

Watcha, how's the Megane mate?

Will have at the weekend, it's a 57 plate ex demo, the previous owner is 70 years old and had it since it had 400 on the clock. I know they're nothing to shout about but they've got all the mod cons. And they all work too which is a bonus lol.
RS tuning will be getting my vote too. Not happy with my cold start map this time round. Massively overfueling. Third times a charm right? : D

Nimbus R26r

Good mate, just spent a small fortune on a suspension refresh :)

Sounds good, should make a wicked daily driver. Another vote here for rstuning.

Evo 5 RS

It's all good. Be interested to see if you find anything suspect when the heads off. Probably not, still think it cooked on the dyno

Lionel Richie

the headgasket WILL be blown, and the peskey alternator is feeding back into the ecu i reckon, sometimes you start it and its fine, other times it misfires until warm or you give it some on the right pedal, weird car!

Evo 5 RS

first alternator was only 3 years old, re-wired standard job but seemed to work fine. Second was Matt's cup alternator - pretty old but worked for a week or two then properly fried when the car was idle. Shat me up. 3rd is that Lucas one which is now fooked too! That's the dyna cup battery if you remember, I thought it was that but I'm not so sure now.

Car has a mind of it's own :(

Lionel Richie

i put my optima yellow top £200 monster battery in and it drained that one too in about 2 days LOL

Evo 5 RS

lol grand. Hopefully it's just a bad run of luck with alternators then. Never asked for the poxy Lucas one anyway! Euro tart parts

Evo 5 RS

lol you just get to the point where there's no point stressing about it. It's a 13 year old Renault, and the engine was done on the relatively cheap. Was pulled with more leaks than you could count on both hands and feet, so it did well. It went well too. It just seemed all down hill after a certain point, but I'm done pointing fingers. Proper engine refresh and a few new bits and it'll be reet.

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Rs tuning gets my vots from personal experience, bit of a treck but worth it

RS tuning will be getting my vote too. Not happy with my cold start map this time round. Massively overfueling. Third times a charm right? : D

Ditto - RS Tuning is where I'm headed, too. :D It's almost as if my tales of woe with the T-woe-phy are mirroring yours...

three engine rebuilds to do now, wooo!

Someone's a bit busy by the sounds of it. I'm not trying to get bumped up the queue or anything but what beer do you drink?! LOL! :D

It's all good. Be interested to see if you find anything suspect when the heads off. Probably not, still think it cooked on the dyno

Yeah, I'm sure all will be good mate. It'll come back a different car I expect.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Just read the last few pages, I'm sure Fred is over the moon about having another engine to rebuild, mines going down there in a a week or so to get it back to full health as its been swimming and gulped up some water....just deciding whether to put some gt cams in whilst its apart

Just read the last few pages, I'm sure Fred is over the moon about having another engine to rebuild, mines going down there in a a week or so to get it back to full health as its been swimming and gulped up some water....just deciding whether to put some gt cams in whilst its apart

Dont bother with GT cams. 421s or 438s end of.

I was just advising Chris not to go for GT cams.

surely with it going high comp it would be worth going for a wilder cams to squeeze as much as possible out of it?

Lionel Richie

who fitted your GT's dmallet, you do know they need timing up differently to stock to get decent results don't you?

519 did and i trust he did everything correctly.

Dont get me wrong they did show decent gains on my engine which was just over 160bhp to start with but the after owning another car on 421s the improvement over the GT cams is really noticeable. Hence why I wouldnt advise someone to get them thats all.

Evo 5 RS

I was just advising Chris not to go for GT cams.

surely with it going high comp it would be worth going for a wilder cams to squeeze as much as possible out of it?

If you're paying ;)

They're not the harshest cams in the world, but they're not as bad as people on here tend to make out. It's all marketing b****cks with these new profiles being flung about. It's difficult doing a direct comparison on two different engines too really.

Lionel Richie

well they're only £399 Vs £600 and only 5bhp peak difference, whatever floats your boat!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

well they're only £399 Vs £600 and only 5bhp peak difference, whatever floats your boat!

wow, nice marketing misdirection. It's actually £399+vat, or £499+vat, so a lot less difference than you're suggesting, and the results are about 10bhp different. Trust me, If the GT cams worked I'd sell them, there's more margin in them for a start, so I make less from selling a set of 438s, but miles better results.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

wow, nice marketing misdirection. It's actually £399+vat, or £499+vat, so a lot less difference than you're suggesting, and the results are about 10bhp different. Trust me, If the GT cams worked I'd sell them, there's more margin in them for a start, so I make less from selling a set of 438s, but miles better results.

just been and looked again, it's actually £441+vat for the GT's, so even less difference

Status
Not open for further replies.