ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DanEdser's Grande Progress Thread

Ph2 Meg 225
Just a quick question to you both, what's your paintwork like in the sun as it is the most annoying thing to see hahaha ( I have OCD so cut me some slack!) :D

Ph2 Meg 225
Glad its not only me then, tbh mine isn't too bad but swirls etc are bad in the sun! And that was my thought at first but I'm going to keep mine till I can afford a 197 or 200 so still got plans for mine :)

Ph2 Meg 225
Mine looks new in shade or daylight haha. Damn sun, you may aswell spend a little more making it a good un till you can get a sport as stated ;P

Ph2 Meg 225
I'm getting quotes off of mobile retailers to come for the full day and give it a wash, machine polish, wax, interior clean, tyre and bumper dressings etc for 90 but prefer to spend it on mods at minute! ;) I'm probably going to get a da at the end of the year so I can do it every so often

I'm getting quotes off of mobile retailers to come for the full day and give it a wash, machine polish, wax, interior clean, tyre and bumper dressings etc for 90 but prefer to spend it on mods at minute! ;) I'm probably going to get a da at the end of the year so I can do it every so often

sounds like a good price!

if insurance wont rape me, im gonna get a sportex exhaust i think xD

either that or ill get a K&N air filter, but insurance want £48 for declaring it

Ph2 Meg 225
I've got my re test to pay for as I failed on 2 majors so that comes first but I'm not telling insurance anything apart from alloys and lows when I get them, does that exhaust have a tip????

If not get a ktec hidden one and say nothing ;) I wanted a cherrybomb other month but went off the chavvs idea. Mine sounds quite meaty for a 1.2 and there's no holes in the exhaust system!

Ph2 Meg 225
I always thought they were legal as demon tweeks sell them but I heard they were illegal? Must be unbelievably loud

Last edited:
I've got my re test to pay for as I failed on 2 majors so that comes first but I'm not telling insurance anything apart from alloys and lows when I get them, does that exhaust have a tip????

lol yea I failed my first time, the best drivers past second time dude! there was a study on it ;) and yeah it does have a tip, here's a link

Ph2 Meg 225
That's a point but I'm not going to go on motorways unless its for a meet etc. what other plans you got for the car then???

Vectra
I had a Sportex 4" Full Race System on mine, sounded great popped all the time! but I was getting nothing but complaints and eventually decided to put the standard system back on

That's a point but I'm not going to go on motorways unless its for a meet etc. what other plans you got for the car then???

lows and alloys WERE on the cards.

decided too expensive.

so maybe just K&N air filter and exhaust to make driving it a bit more pleasurable :)

other than that, im gonna redo my "Grande" badges at some point and get the writing orange

Ph2 Meg 225
I only want an exhaust that pops and bangs but I'll save that for the big cars ;) an rx7 is the dream! Bbs reps and some springs should do enough ??? :)

I only want an exhaust that pops and bangs but I'll save that for the big cars ;) an rx7 is the dream! Bbs reps and some springs should do enough ??? :)

bbs reps new with tyres £650 springs £100 and it wont give me the lows that i wanted... coilovers £378 insurance want to rape me for it! I have looked into all the options :p

Ph2 Meg 225
Better than mine but 3000 is ridiculous, have you tried Adrian flux as there ment to be cheap and allow modifications ?

Ph2 Meg 225
I might try them tomorrow then, my dads going to get his insurance broker to have a look at getting it cheaper hopefully

Ph2 Meg 225
I could understand if I lived in a rough area but it isn't, all I can think of is we get a few break ins for car keys etc due to people with money on here. Whether or not they know that......

MG ZR 1.8
havent looked at it with 1 years no claims for my 1.2, but i got a quote for a 182 at £2400 xD might do that aha

That's not right.
If your paying over £3000 for a 1.2 8v it's NEVER going to be £2400 for a 182, maybe you could insure yourself on a 182 shell, but if it has the engine no way lol!

Also, a lot of insurance company's will give you a quote, but if you ring them to actually insure the car they most of the time say no we cant insure this. Stupid I know