ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Oh Hai!

c42cc33c.jpg

s**t just got better!

^^^ - looks like the uber-rare Angus McBastaad Tartan Edition. The Scots will be happy.... ;)

D.

SQ5
Sooo was up at 6 for F1 so was outside by 9 sorting the garage out and got the car into place by 930, I got some pre photos of the things that are likely to change!

d160f988.jpg

36f00ab0.jpg

27d5de8e.jpg

518fb186.jpg

Some kitchen roll to block some holes with some very true words for today

9e719e9e.jpg

And then the engine out in dead in 2 hours which I did impress myself with!

d4cadbf3.jpg

I then degreased the engine bay and put a light coat of paint and primer on

5812be83.jpg

Trafic 140dci
Looks good mate, think you need to get the sub frame off while its like that and paint it green to match the cage, would look good. Want to do mine red at some point :)

SQ5
Thanks lads, cage isn't going to be green ;) engine bay is all black and silver, unsure on final hose colour too

Clio 172
If your air filter is up there where is your battery? Does it amke any difference having the air filter that close to the engine or is more about space for the charger to be fitted?

SQ5
Battery is in my spare wheel well but that's all my N/A setup. That filter will be gone when the Rotrex is fitted.

I don't know if there are any gains, I'd imagine there is the tiniest of gains yes, but noticeable, no.

Also moves stuff around so a lot more space around the front of the bay.

SQ5
Got the engine on the stand and all stripped ready for a good clean up on Thursday. Also excited to get my powder coated bits on and have a tarty looking engine ;)

0266dd8f-487f-944b.jpg

0266dd8f-488c-ad3a.jpg

Also got the flywheel dropped off at Shcolar this morning, £45 for a flywheel lighten and balance!

172 ph1
looks lush this mate i wish i had the time and money to do something similar! keep up the good work ;) phbest

SQ5
This engine is temporary but it's having belts done and being made too look nice as I hope to get a years work out of it. I will then slowly save a nice fund to build the engine I want to the perfect spec.

Don't worry about money Finny, I never had disposable income but just scrimped and saved and not spent money on stupid things, it's actually amazing how much I used to waste!

SQ5
Of course Dom!

Got the engine bay complete today and all sprayed, actually impressed with the way it turned out although you can't see it in the pictures.

569cfaf9-43dc-8fce.jpg

Got most of the engine cleaned down too, and sprayed up, the silver I got looks more like primer though so will have to redo that!

569cfaf9-4448-b57a.jpg

So that really took me up to all I can do, got all my gaskets ordered and will be in tomorrow so will get some bits bolted on at the weekend. Few more bits left to powder coat.

SQ5
Lewis where did you get your silver VHT paint from?

Thanks everyone for the well dones, a year ago I didn't think my project from 2 years ago would be kind of carrying on. I'm really up for doing every little bit one this just money doesn't allow, I do want it to be a full on car good enough for a decent magazine feature etc..

Don't worry Dan, I cable tied Gem's air con radiator in today ;) and I will still have multiple cable ties everywhere I imagine ;)

Qashcow
Hi DannyRRRRR, that's a mighty fine supercharger you have there. Perhaps you could give it back to its original owner FOC? Perhaps? Please?

What else of the kit did you buy? Can't remember how much I sold to whom. Cheap eBay intercoolers lasted me and Adey to 280bhp so they're fine again. Glad it's getting put together at last

Trafic 140dci
Lewis where did you get your silver VHT paint from?

Thanks everyone for the well dones, a year ago I didn't think my project from 2 years ago would be kind of carrying on. I'm really up for doing every little bit one this just money doesn't allow, I do want it to be a full on car good enough for a decent magazine feature etc..

Don't worry Dan, I cable tied Gem's air con radiator in today ;) and I will still have multiple cable ties everywhere I imagine ;)
Mine is off eBay, I'll get you a link tonight, by the sounds of it it's a different brand to what you use.

SQ5
Hi DannyRRRRR, that's a mighty fine supercharger you have there. Perhaps you could give it back to its original owner FOC? Perhaps? Please?

What else of the kit did you buy? Can't remember how much I sold to whom. Cheap eBay intercoolers lasted me and Adey to 280bhp so they're fine again. Glad it's getting put together at last

No chance ;)

I hope I got it all, I think the only thing I need now is a Cup alternator and the restrictor is being remade with a slightly smaller hole to hopefully get around 250bhp.

Cheers Lewis, if you could find it would be great! :)

SQ5
One thing I love about project threads is when somebody has had a big spend up at Renault and have loads of Renault packaging, looks so good!

4e209b3b-87a7-4d6d.jpg

SQ5
Ordered, thank you Lewis!

My aim was to have it ready end of this month, but may hold out a month for funds and a few other bits as I want the engine and bay 99% done, but we will see as I maybe wanting it on the road rather than waiting for special bits!

Paul, your local and been on here 6 years and I've never met you or seen you at a meet! Would be good to get some more active members coming to meets :)