ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
1-4.jpg

I was uming and arring about a black front pannel on my ph1 tit, i think this has officially made my mind up, it looks epic imo.

great project, will look forward to updates!!

SQ5
At least someone likes it ;)

Although I've found my silver one and in good condition so I'm unsure as to what I'll do for now. It'll be going away winter for some paintwork I reckon.

SQ5
Started today thinking I didn't have much to and feeling bored, I actually realised there was a fair bit I could do although it involved changing plans for engine colour. I now instead did the head black too, which doesn't look too bad.

So I got the thermostat housing and lower inlet on and became bored again.

1f9bfa92.jpg

32984cec.jpg

Pictures are a bit crap really as all the silver bits are gleaming!

I then thought I'd trial fit the supercharger mount, which wasn't a trial fit as its now staying on, although it sticks out quite far, I may try and fit it when engine is in!

f1f4240c.jpg

SQ5
Nooo the silver bits are the bits that I had powder coated and I had some black VHT and did the block and had enough to do the head, although it does need another quick coat!

Qashcow
You can keep it on, think it fits back in with it attached. It's tight, but with a bit of care it'll be reet

SQ5
Awesome, should be going back in Sunday after cambelt and Megane keyway is fitted.

Will also be grabbing some ARP rod bolts

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
All looking very nice.

You can get the ARP bolts from KTEC,but I am sure Dan will be able to sort them for you when you have the cams done.

SQ5
Well the engine will be, getting sump all of ready this week, all caps and covers are off ready for belt to be done, shouldn't take more than an hour for bolts and belt!

Then all going well it'll be in Sunday just waiting for the whole coolant system!

Trafic 140dci
32 squids....fook....
change the allen key for a bolt too..... i can see you rounding that real quick... the cross-member is pretty dam thick
I don't get Mates rates :( cheapest I could find. Thanks for the advise on the bolt, it's a good idea!

No probs Danny, although it may be blunt by then as I'll have done mine and Dan's lol.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well ill wait till you change it before stealing your idea!! :D

quick question, before you took the engine out, how did you secure the rad from flopping about?? im also running aerocatches and no cross member so it kind of just rocks back and forth atm!!

SQ5
Polo Radiator and silver VHT paint turned up today, didn't realise how small the polo radiator was, weighs f**k all too!

Got the last of my silver bits back too so loads to do tomorrow night!

SQ5
I think the polo radiator will be fine, it seems thicker and the water channels look like they carry more coolant as they are thick tubes rather than small square tubes like the Clio.

I can always change it but for £30 it's worth a punt. I can't see the engine running too much warmer, my old one never did and having them side by side it only loses about 2" on the top.

Anyway, been in the garage tonight. Got the new thermostat and housing on as well as the top breather plate. Also had my silver VHT paint through so the head got a liberal coating as did the gearbox.

Also got my lightened flywheel back today which has had 2lbs taken off which is just under 1Kg. Still unsure if I'm going to use it or not as yet.

Anyway, pictures...

569cfaf9-6ec7-a982.jpg

569cfaf9-6ed3-9c38.jpg

569cfaf9-6ee2-fd52.jpg

569cfaf9-6ef0-1486.jpg

Also got the sump ready to come off for ARP bolts on Saturday, but will load engine up Friday night ready for Saturday then all going well it should be in Saturday evening!

F4R mk2 ph2
You got my atention! ;)
Just finished reading from the begining till now. Can´t wait to see and hear this baby go!

Cheers Kamalao

SQ5
Little update.

Engine is back with new Cambelt and a keywayed sprocket fitted. Also had some ARP rod bolts fitted all courtesy of Tour De Force!

So I got all the Cambelt covers refitted tonight and cleaned up my Cup alternator with a lick of paint.

Should hopefully get the flywheel, clutch and box all fitted tomorrow then a lovely relaxing Good Friday fitting it up :)

ITB 428 Ph1
Danny how did you clean up your cup alternator, mine needs freshening up but i dont dare drop any crap or spray the coil through the gaps ? is there a way to get the housing off the coil ? i undid the 4 bolts on the outside but it wouldnt come apart, i put them back in because i dont want to push my luck and fck it up ?

SQ5
Lol I did the same expecting it to come apart!

I just used a big wire brush, and then sprayed the only bits that are on show so not much went on the coil!

Bit of a bodge but done the job!

ITB 428 Ph1
ah okay kool,

Im now having itb's fitted hence why I now have a cup set up, do you know if youll see the alternator or power steering line ?

cheers