ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

SQ5
New coolant expansion bottle arrived today.

Renault wanted over £40 for this and I got this for £10 off eBay. Compared it to the original and there is no difference except a couple of markings and I'll get to see that lovely coolant colour through it :)

569cfaf9-bc79-f764.jpg

Also got my restrictor back today, had a new one made at 33mm to hopefully run around 0.5 bar so everything's looking good for the weekend!

Hopefully have a better update tonight!

SQ5
Pop round Lewis, I'll be out all day.

Yea, my last restrictor was about 28mm but after the charger and it ran 0.45. Bombers ran 0.45 with 32mm before the charger. There is no definitive answer to it, just rough guesstimates!

Got all the gearbox mounted up tonight and re wrapped the loom so it looks tidy ready for lifting in tomorrow morning.

Will mount charger and loom in the morning and hopefully have everything in by lunch when I will pop out and get all my fluids.

Had a problem pulling all the studs out of the manifold bolts so need to get them sorted also.

Bit gutted it gets dark so quick and I have no decent light. Unfortunately no pictures due to that!

SQ5
Ill post some pictures in a moment, but nothing really changed :(

So started at 9 this morning and engine was in by 1230. After getting some manifold bolts on and getting the loom all on we lowered it in fairly simply.

Then started plumbing everything in that was there originally. The PAS extension pipe that came with the kit didn't fit so we modified the standard bits ever so slightly and it all fit fine.

So everything in we then started from the supercharger to the inlet, got the intercooler mounted up and the rest was a couple of jubilee clips.

Put my old supercharged ECU on and turned ignition on, immobiliser light went out so was fairly chuffed, the thing didn't start though :( so tomorrow morning standard injectors are going in and I will be seeing if it starts. If it doesnt I know there is a wiring fault somewhere, if it does then I can't use my old ECU :(

I'll grab some pictures when I'm on the phone.

Would also like p say thank you very much to Lewis for popping over and giving me his old mini fan :) very much appreciated!

Sport 182
Just finished reading this all,and it sounds and is looking really good mate.Cant wait to see a vid of this running!!!!

Qashcow
That's strange the pas pipe not fitting

Looks good mate, I could never get mine running till I was at TDF with it :(

SQ5
Yea the flared end was nothing like the fitting in the adaptor pipe but the standard pipe just needed a little bending and was near perfect!

I'm going to try old ECU and injectors in a bit to see if it's something like an earth or sensor with paint in :p lol!

Qashcow
846cb65f.gif

That's how mine came out, good old Renault eh!!

I can sort most problems but hate vehicle electrics with a passion lol

PH1 172 (Track Car)
Looking good Dan. Lots of progress in a limited amount of time.

It will be good to see it running at a track some time. :)

SQ5
Sooooo....

Standard ECU and injectors in and started first time :) speedo didn't work but that was about it!

Unsure yet if the fan is working but it won't really be getting sat and running.

569cfaf9-29ec-42be.jpg

569cfaf9-29f9-8408.jpg

569cfaf9-2a14-2841.jpg

So it's running the charger and standard management at the moment but it pulls well just tickling the throttle. Mates coming over with his wideband kit in a bit so we can see how it's fuelling.

My theory is if running lean then put the Megane injectors in and see how it runs.

My understanding is that the MAP and ATS are basically telling the injectors what amount of fuel it needs? This could be massively wrong but with a large percent of more air going in its going to need a late percent more of fuel? So it may work out similar?

Obviously I'm not going to drive its nuts off it's just for getting about for a couple months until I can get the EC1 and Mapping :)

SQ5
Have now got standard filter back on so it runs right, is just very underpowered having to turn the Rotrex!

Qashcow
Just found the problem, the one part of the line is missing. This probably got forgotten when I removed it from the car, whoops

3ef371c8.gif

SQ5
Shh Lewis ;) that EC1 is a bit of a **** :p

Yea it's standard Airbox and standard injectors, just struggles to pull as hard!

That would be the bit thats missing! Got it to fit anyway so not too bad, just the PAS switch in a funny place!

SQ5
Well you might, getting the EC1 off of Lewis today so if I get a Pinout diagram from the EC1 and Ph1 ECU I should be able to get it all spliced in and working.

Bombers having a look later for me so could be all go :)

SQ5
One problem I can't actually afford any petrol now LOL! But. May be out and about later or tomorrow!

If I sell my Ph1 Airbox with ITG I'll have a tank of fuel!