ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Date for CSS14

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds interesting! I have considered car sharing and coming down for camping opposed to flying this year.

Tony are you doing camping this year or are you coming to hang with the riff raft?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
He'll be there Kev!
You'll have to put up with me though ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
Sounds interesting! I have considered car sharing and coming down for camping opposed to flying this year.

Tony are you doing camping this year or are you coming to hang with the riff raft?

All depends on dates as usual, if it's on a race weekend, then no.

Can we not have CSS at Tonys golf club??

No, bad enough trying to keep an eye on 20 of you, running around, and dancing round your handbags in the carpark.

FLOL!

Ill make sure it's properly buffed for next year :)

Kev will bring his detailing stuff.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well the venue will be different this year so Tony's might be out anyway! Dave it would be a pleasure to camp with you!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I know what you're saying, however coming from people who have actually stood there numerous time, as well as planned many of these events in the past, here are my main concerns.

1: People can't even select the correct membership option when renewing. We also had people selecting the wrong amount of tickets they needed for CSS 2012/13, as well as which club they belong to. Other clubs get their own space btw, Clio v6 etc - What makes you think they'll select the correct area they are in?

2: OK we buy stickers, so that's x300 stickers we need to buy, as well as x300 css decals, so that's 600ish tickets in total me and Brian will need to pack up (and IMO it's also an unnecessary cost).

3: What if someone wants to put their car with their friend (which we always get asked for when people arrive)

4: Added level of complexity when creating the ticket packs.

5: People struggle to position their cars correctly as it is, in any order.

Last but not least - We tried it at FCS before and it went to complete s**t because of all the reasons above. CSS is a social event anyway, so people should be able to put their cars with their friends that they convoy in with.

I'm with you on pushing boundaries, but this is an inefficient added layer of complexity and problem causing that isn't worth the effort, put simply.

Anyway, moving on! :D

Just an idea for IF you wanted to do this thathad whilst reading through.

How about having it done by models, then "other's" and "other marques"?

If 8 people arrive together in all manner of different Clio's, then bung them in "others" if they want to park together.

When selling the tickets online, have a simple drop down box "What car do you have" then maybe even a pop up link to show a model guide for those that are unsure.

Even if some do answer wrong, then you'd still have a way better idea of how many car's of each type were coming and how much space to give to each type?

That way, you could actually do a "best of" award for each category?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear, please don't ruin this thread with neediness...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
i will always remember it for the camping!!
the sound of chris with that dam pump in the middle of the night was hillarious

I had such a good set up too!!!
Ceramic plates,,,,, worlds sharpest knife, nans best frying pan, gas stove
The list goes on

182cup & 172 racecar
As long as stupids don't go and buy frozen chicken legs and a stupid little disposable bbq, and think they are going to eat.

Dad got to take over again.