ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Next time I trial it I'll do it differently and use is as normal opposed to before a full detail.

I did wonder this when I first started using it. Can't remeber what the LSP was now it did seem to affect water behaviour a little, but was still present.

I remember you saying this, but Sonax, C2V3, Carbon and Glasur have not been affected.

@gally

It doesnt do anything to Sonax.

Sonax Sonax Sonax

@JD

You fail, both in life and in tagging me. It never works. Muhahaha.

Are people using RDS neat or diluted?

Neat.

neat, diluted is useless

Yep.

Next time I trial it I'll do it differently and use is as normal opposed to before a full detail.

Ya.

Its just right as it is i think.
Chip-mk1 multiquote bonusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Golf GT & A4 Avant
going on from JD's post in a seaparate thread in reference to using gloss and/or wax enhancing shampoo's:

Is that a problem though, Ant? Granted I wouldn't want one over my waxes, but over C2V3 or a nano sealant, I'm not sure I'd be that fussed...

I'm still undecided if this is good or bad. Going to the effort for prep of applying a nano sealant for their extra protection and improved water behaviour leading to the coating keeping iteslf cleaner, is it not going to have a negative affect on the coating by using a shampoo that leaves something behind?

It's been a while since I've used a shampoo that does this, but thought it always best to use a bare plain shampoo.

looking more into the likes of wolfs chemicals, Gyeon and nanolex produce shampoos that leave something behind, some claiming to improve durability or water behaviour. Surely the coating is only going to perform as well as what is left behind by the shampoo?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Is G5 as fussy as G1?

I'm getting along with G1 ok but now family want me to do theirs, Tempted to order G5 if it's an easier application.

Twingo Dynamique
What brand is this g stuff? Asked a valeter today and he thought I was talking about compound. Grr. What speed will water sheet off windscreen with it? With current product it only runs off at about 55-60

What brand is this g stuff? Asked a valeter today and he thought I was talking about compound. Grr. What speed will water sheet off windscreen with it? With current product it only runs off at about 55-60

G5 for lower speed driving. But "only" lasts 6-12 months rather than the 18-24 of G1.

Twingo Dynamique
good metal polish for exhausts etc? preferably cheap! gonna order some wire wool i think, but it's for a caterham exhaust

Autosol or AF Mercury.

Think I'm going to order a full bottle of Sonax BSB really impressed with it and my sample has run out.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Got my order arrive today :D so am I right in thinking most people dilute C2v3? what ratio?

Use it neat to use as a sealant and iirc along the lines of 3:1 to dilute as a QD.

I need to strip my car back and get this on mine soon, Had a bottle sitting in my collection for a little while now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would get 2 layers down neat, then maybe consider diluting it. Personally for the coat, I don't actually bother.

Did a bit of a clean up on my old BG swirl bus today.

First "proper" wax I bought was natty's blue paste and I've barely used it since (2 years ago ish)... Went back to it today for some cheap coverage and laid down 3 layers over rejuvenate and black hole. Scrubbed up lovely and I forgot just how easy the natty's is to work with.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I spent about 5 hours cleaning the wife's Cmax today.

Snow foamed and then washed using TBM. I then used iron x all over, jet washed and washed again.

Polished whole car using Meguiars ultimate polish and then another going over with Prima amigo.

I only managed to wax the bonnet, roof and boot lid before it started pissing down.

My question is, if I want to wax the rest of the car tomorrow could I get away using a quick detailer and then wax? Or should I wash the car again?

Bearing in mind it's only the wife's battle bus.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wire in mate. Be reet. Aslong as it's not bad it'll be fine. QD wipedown then wax.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Wire in mate. Be reet. Aslong as it's not bad it'll be fine. QD wipedown then wax.

Cheers Gally :)

I'm really pleased with the results. It was absolutely mingling before. Only thing letting it down now is the wheels. Standard kerb'd alloys from my wife's epic driving abilities.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hexlogic pads and Menzerna.

Great combos. Clio paint is pretty hard but for basic polishing, White pad and 106fa is so easy to use.

3 dots, spread at speed 1 for a few seconds to coat the area, 3 dots again turn speed to 5 and do slow passes working the polish.

Brilliant finish.