ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

172 Cup
Quick question.....

What if any, products do people use on colour coded bump strips?
I'm not using anything at the moment (just a wash) but they are really letting the overall finish of the car down once it has had a good clean.
Just wondered if there is anything i can do to improve the look of them? They look really dull and faded compared to the rest of the car.

Any advise would be much appreciated :)

172 Cup
No, not to my knowledge. I'v found if wax or polish goes onto them, it leaves a white mark which doesn't buff off very well :dapprove:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's just the standard rubbish Renault colour coding then, you will have to get them repainted to bring them up to par with the rest of the paintwork. A couple of layers of wax will add a little shine to it if you cba.

Not a 320d
If I can pop down on Sat, have a gander at the Panzer's arches, RDR - they were C4'd almost two years ago and still squeaky clean. Can talk you through it.

Jesus. Thats the final frontier for me. Ive done dressings on other peoples cars before but never C4.

Can anyone confirm that the autobrite foam lance works with/comes with a nilfisk jet wash adaptor?

You have to specify on ordering. They all come as the same main part, but with optional fitments to fit Nilfisk, Karcher, Halfords etc...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know that but on DW they don't actually specify a nilfisk attachment.

can anyone confirm Davies thoughts on the kew/alto fittings being the same?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
^^ On the subject of snow foam. I've tried avalanche a couple of times now, it seems to work, but it seems to miss the.. 'Foam' part. It doesn't look very impressive. I know thats not the point and it is doing it's job, I've tried stronger and weaker dilutions, also tried cold and warm water. Nothing. Any idea's how to get it to foam properly? Or does it just..Not?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's meant to drag the dirt off whilst working it. "Foam" doesn't really do that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wait till you boys see the new 3M Sungun yet? What a piece of tech, very very impressed. £400+... erm i'll give it a miss for now!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. I loved mine before it was broken. Keep meaning to get Craig to make me another!

It was a great idea!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Think how much cash that guy could have raked in by building them himself.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I just use the actual sun, I start walking round the car f**king bobbing up and down and s**t trying to catch the angles neighbors must think I'm bonkers. Effective enough for me though.

Bit annyoed at myself actually as after getting a pretty good correction on the paint I decided to park up on the drive which means running along side a bit of bush, it seems to have grown a bit since I last parked on the drive as it really rubbed along the paint, that will be some new marks in the paint then :(.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
No one on here use Chem Guys no touch?

Without a doubt the best I've used. I can get away with not even putting a mitt to the mothers car lol.

Foam>Jetwash>Blast down the bypass to dry>done

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and imo RDS definitely had an adverse affect on some protection on a TTS I detailed. I trialled it on a few panels but slowed down the sheeting quite a lot on the areas used.

I wouldn't have used it on my Migliore anyway but just a note of caution.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Oh and imo RDS definitely had an adverse affect on some protection on a TTS I detailed. I trialled it on a few panels but slowed down the sheeting quite a lot on the areas used.

I wouldn't have used it on my Migliore anyway but just a note of caution.

I did wonder this when I first started using it. Can't remeber what the LSP was now it did seem to affect water behaviour a little, but was still present.