ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

So there's no wonder solution then :(

Decent correction first time around. 95% correction. Pros achieve it. I managed it a few times on the Clio, but that was ridic soft paint.

When buffing off c5 I've read that the left over residue on your microfibre can crystallise, so you need to wash it straight after. Is there anything specific I need to use to stop this?

Not a lot you can do, by memory. Certainly wouldn't be using the buffing towels on paint work again. Probably demote them to plastics or arches, just to be sure.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That takes a long long time though JD.

i thought I'd stumbled across a simple solution then :(

Maybe something like Reload or C2V3 would suit you better?

Sealant performance but works over fillers really well.

Personally i'd buy a nice wax for spring and use that?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Was thinking of long term solutions for family members and some of my mates cars tbh. I'm happy with a ceramic sealant on my daily and the megane will be a garage queen anyway so that's likely to get all sorts of waxes etc. on it.

thats a good idea though. Will have to get some of this c2v3 at some point, in the mean time reload will do :)

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's so easy. Just fire Tripple on and then Reload then?

Long term is kinda hard. Buy some AG HD or some Collinites to fire over Tripple. Last longer than most sealants.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah think I'm gonna try that next. Make the most out of the trick or treat offer AF have on.

where can you get collinite from?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Collinite and fk waxes don't seem to sit that we'll over tripple, think Toby had this problem also

Cyc and i4d sell them iirc.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I try not to put anything but Af waxes over tripple tbh. Rejuvenate as a base for anything else.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
HD lasted 6 months on the bosses Porsche before I stripped it for BOS. HD seems to withstand a lot!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
When you all buy new cloths do you wash them first?

I've just got some from af, opened the packets and there's fluff everywhere...

Depending on the cloth, I may just rinse them in the sink with plain water, if they're bad they'll go in the washing machine on rinse.

So SRP would remove old polish wax ect?

Srp has very mild abrasives so will go some way to removing old waxes, but ideally a full decon will help the rest

Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent leather protection? My new car has half leathers, and want to give them the best care I can really. I was thinking the Gtechnic stuff, L1 IIRC?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I would just like to make a huge recommendation for Hydr02 - Its actually fantastic. I know Scrooge likes it too, I've had it for a while now but not used it. Had a session with my Dads car tonight and I am so impressed with this stuff. Will upload a video in a sec

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I would just like to make a huge recommendation for Hydr02 - Its actually fantastic. I know @Scrooge likes it too, I've had it for a while now but not used it. Had a session with my Dads car tonight and I am so impressed with this stuff. Will upload a video in a sec

Easily one of my favourite products!!!! You'll love the durability too.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Also, when buying more, I had a problem with cleanyourcar.co.uk - This always happens too. 100% Correct details but..

pebu7ega.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I took a chance and used it on his alloys too. Will see how they hold up as his car lives on the motorway. I've already bought more too haha

I spray it on absolutely everything lol adds a nice shine to tyres even!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Jaff gally JD etc, can you reccomend some kind of wax or sealant for winter? Currently using C2V3, but want to change it a bit. Some serious winter protection, want to apply it soon and it last me until the winters over. Got feeling's we're gonna get a bad winter. Also, something to clean under engine, interior and door shuts - thanks!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
G101 is fantastic for engines and door shuts.

as for winter protection, depends how much you want to spend

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Use it diluted. Then seal them with reload or your c2v3 and just wash with shampoo regularly then.

not sure how a wax like HD would work on top of c2v3. Perhaps the more experienced will be able to help

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Citrus Power is less industrial mate but just dilute g101 more to make it weaker. Nothing cleans like 101!

Oh and AG HD would be my shout in the £40 category for a Winter wax. Only 476 will last longer and it's a bit s**t.

Amazon is cheapest by far.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great pair mate but conditioners don't work. You need to keep leather clean. Don't condition it.

Gliptone cleaner is superb. Real bite to it.

The alcantara is tricky as you don't want to wet it. Nice soft brush and a damp MF with fairy liquid/water in a bottle. Spray onto the cloth not the seat.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Hoping the weather is decent tomorrow as planning a full decon and winter protection as got a few new bits to use :)

May be a massively stupid question but C2v3 can be diluted so can Tough Coat? Thinking no as it's never been mentioned before.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping the weather is decent tomorrow as planning a full decon and winter protection as got a few new bits to use :)

May be a massively stupid question but C2v3 can be diluted so can Tough Coat? Thinking no as it's never been mentioned before.

No mate. It's still carnauba based from memory.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Didn't think it would be able to but thought I'd ask, Think I'll go with C2v3 today then I can do diluted QD/Top ups throughout winter.