ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think so, also wax safe and non gloss enhancing too. On the bottle it says gloss enhancing lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'd be getting in contact and expressing my feelings on that, Poor work on their behalf.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's only £10 I'll just relegate it to the back of the cupboard and use it for emergencies. I wanted to test the Mitchell and King sample from waxybox as it appeared to strip my lsp back but that seemed to be pH8.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
True but still I'd quickly fire over an email, Might get something else from them to try, Advertised as having no gloss enhancers and Ph7 according to polished bliss after a quick google.... Just have to wait for Hubikote instead ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep that where I got it from, I'll probably fire over an email on Monday. I bloody can't wait for hubikote lol it's actually winding me up it's taking so long lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It's weird that it came in a box months ago yet still isn't available, I still have a small dribble of it left in the bottle so might use it when I next give the car a quick wipe over just to remind myself how nice it is to use.

Last edited:
I used the hubikote shampoo today from the waxybox. I think it reacted with something as it left my paintwork really greasy, I only used RDS and it previously wasnt protected.

When you see petrol in water with the purple/blue/green rings it was like that. It also left nasty waters marks all over the paint.

Any ideas?

Here's pic what it looks like:-
10795841603_898cd3c5f9_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59835409@N04/10795841603/ http://www.flickr.com/people/59835409@N04/

Strange water marks it left:-
10795603325_f02f7bf41d_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59835409@N04/10795603325/ http://www.flickr.com/people/59835409@N04/

Car wasn't previously protected by any wax or sealant.

Was the first stage so only RDS and a rinse was used before the hubikote shampoo touched the paintwork. After rinsing it off that's what I was left with. I gave up after that as I was unsure what to do didn't want to cause anymore issues.

I think I'll give it a once over with B2BM.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's the RDS mate. 100%, Some left on the surface and mixed with the shampoo.

As well as the Spirit test, I've been running C2v3 and Zymol Vintage on the bonnet of the 200.

This is after a wash, both applied a month ago after full decon after IPA wipedown.

[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/78835654@N04/10782998423/[/video]

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ok lad just about to clean the car.

What stage do I apply c2? And do I apply neat or dilute?

Cheers

Need, last stage mate, you go dilute it and dry the car at the same time as protect it.

I'd dry and polish the car then fire the C2 on, make sure you remove all the residue after applying.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
As well as the Spirit test, I've been running C2v3 and Zymol Vintage on the bonnet of the 200.

This is after a wash, both applied a month ago after full decon after IPA wipedown.

[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/78835654@N04/10782998423/[/video]

C2 on the right as you look at the bonnet?

Cheers I thought it might of been just wanted it clearing up.

Ill give the hubikote another shot, if it plays up again ill just revert to the trusty B2BM.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
How would I go about stripping G1??

After my posts the other day I wiped it down with Eraser BUT last night was the first frosty night and my whole windscreen was not iced over except for the patches that showed up on my screen so think I might strip and reapply because it will really bug me throughout winter otherwise.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How would I go about stripping G1??

After my posts the other day I wiped it down with Eraser BUT last night was the first frosty night and my whole windscreen was not iced over except for the patches that showed up on my screen so think I might strip and reapply because it will really bug me throughout winter otherwise.

Apply another good layer layer of G1 would be my answer and remove. properly.

gally Scrooge

How much Hydro2 should I order to give a decent coating to 2 maybe 3 cars?

You could actually order the 100ml and just dilute it into 3 times for the 3 cars. Easy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, should have said, C2 on the left as you look!

Was quite shocked!

WTAF! After how long? A wax, Vintage or not should keep up the beading sheeting like C2V3. Even on a dirty car my C2 was sheeting like crazy!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Apply another good layer layer of G1 would be my answer and remove. properly.

Was thinking that but worried there maybe something on the glass stopping the G1 from bonding.

You could actually order the 100ml and just dilute it into 3 times for the 3 cars. Easy!

Sounds good, presumed once diluted it would go a good distance but thought it best to check.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Was thinking that but worried there maybe something on the glass stopping the G1 from bonding.

Sounds good, presumed once diluted it would go a good distance but thought it best to check.

I get 3 coatings out of 100ml mate

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sorry, should have said, C2 on the left as you look!

Was quite shocked!

I have to admit this is what I normally get with the likes of C1.5, C2, etc no matter what the base.

The impressive water behaviour never lasts in my uses.and they've never been anything special at resisting bonded contaminants. I only intend to use them as top up products from now on