ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

WTAF! After how long? A wax, Vintage or not should keep up the beading sheeting like C2V3. Even on a dirty car my C2 was sheeting like crazy!

Just under a month on the car!

Losing faith in C2v3. :(

I still don't think it adds anything to the finish and durability like that is poor. I've noticed it's fallen off my mum's X3 that I did in August, but that wasn't fully decon'd beforehand.

I have to admit this is what I normally get with the likes of C1.5, C2, etc no matter what the base.

The impressive water behaviour never lasts in my uses.and they've never been anything special at resisting bonded contaminants. I only intend to use them as top up products from now on

Might be going the same way Dave! I think C1.5 lasts longer than C2v3 for me!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
As well as the Spirit test, I've been running C2v3 and Zymol Vintage on the bonnet of the 200.

This is after a wash, both applied a month ago after full decon after IPA wipedown.

[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/78835654@N04/10782998423/[/video]

That c2 is almost as bad as my finest... Almost!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
That c2 is almost as bad as my finest... Almost!

Been meaning to let you know. I cracked over the weekend, I missed uniform beading and generally missed playing with the car after washing. I Hydr02'd over my CQuartz, then Carbon'd over that. Not sure if I'd have done more damage than good, but looks good and beading is great again.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I understand your frustrations.

2 year performance my f**king arse!

Can't fault its looks, my car has looked glassy ever since, but I miss being hands on. I would recommend it to someone who likes having a shiny car but with minimal effort. If you enjoy washing, beading etc, nah. I wouldnt have it again I must admit.

Quick snap of beading after light shower this morning , must say illusion wax seem pretty good was easy to apply and take off smelt really nice too. Only used quarter of my sample pot to do the whole car

4equ2equ.jpg

Also received spirit sample pot with my CP order so I'll try that out in the new year

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Only mix up as much as you need for this application otherwise it bonds with the minerals / salts etc within the water.

Even with RO / distilled water the older version C2 would still go off if left after the initial use

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'll mix up a small amount in an old and thoroughly cleaned Waxybox bottle, That shouldn't see too much waste.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My C2V3 stopped beading so well after about a month, not as good as I thought it'd be tbh.

I'll give the car one more wash before winter using the rest of the C2V3 up and use the rest of my collinite 845 up. This may be the last wash it actually gets for a good 6 months tbh.

Bizarre. Two coats applied, no topping up, one half arsed wash a few months later (just spray on RDS and jet down at the local jet wash) and mine still looks a hell of a lot cleaner and beads jolly well!

venenu3u.jpg

/Halfarseddetailing

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Might apply another layer un diluted on it later this week and then go diluted after that.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yep..... It's getting ridiculous, I was never fussed by having a collection of waxes but recently found my self wanting loads :(

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
The hog hair brushes? I would be inclined to say outside, wheels/badges etc.

From memory they're a bit hard for interior?

Yeah there the ones...
That's great just didn't know, as I didn't want to go outside and make them unusable...

Will be comparing them to the envy brushes I have also bought....

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Serious question.

what gives swissvax the right to charge £500+ for a pot of wax?

does it really cost that much to produce?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
IPA wipe downs...

is there here anything special I need to do before/after IPA wipe downs? I've stole a bottle full from work so I can strip everything off my trim before I apply AF Rejuvinate.

i figured it's just wipe on, dry, apply dressing... But I always like to check here first.

cheers

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
All purpose dressing? What's the point in that, they already have Revive for plastics and Satin / Gloss or tyres...