ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's a pity car pro don't sell g1, really want to try it. I've used rain x (w**k) and the one in the yellow bottle/red top (still w**k, but slightly better than rain x)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a pity car pro don't sell g1, really want to try it. I've used rain x (w**k) and the one in the yellow bottle/red top (still w**k, but slightly better than rain x)

Rainx is brilliant. It just doesn't last that long.

having said that I used to get 8+ weeks when I applied it, do that every other time you wash the car (2 weekly?) and youl have no problem

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I just found it crap from the off tbh. The aqua h20 stuff I bought ages ago was better. Need to try g1, but thinking about it I will be after g5 as its easier to apply and starts dispersing water earlier?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
This. Application is pour onto applicator, rub in to windscreen, buff off. Your pet could do it, it's that simple. Lasts 3-6 months dependant on wiper usage and beads at 30mph. Excellent stuff.

Want to send me a sample ;)

ok so what are you using to apply + buff off??

An applicator and microfiber.

I have nothing left buddy, going to be buying some more after winter though so happy to send some then if that's still needed! But it's only £10 you cheap fucker lol!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have G1 on mine and put G5 on my brothers and girlfriends car, Definitely prefer G5 and as said its so easy, Clean the glass rub on buff off done.

G1 is good but too much faffing about when G5 is so easy.... 3+ months is still hardly a short life.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
An applicator and microfiber.

I have nothing left buddy, going to be buying some more after winter though so happy to send some then if that's still needed! But it's only £10 you cheap f**ker lol!

I thought it was dearer than that, but yeah I am tight lol. Best place to buy?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have just bought that Ant along with a pack of 5" pads and 3" one's.
The van screen needs a good sorting out, hope to do it at the weekend.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's good but damn dusty Scott. Do the screen then coat with G5 after an IPA/eraser wipedown then you shouldn't have to use your wipers as much reducing scratching it again. For the side windows get the small hand pad so that you can get right in the corners where the machine can't get to or just take the glass out.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
I've never used G4 before, but it'd work. G4 then an IPA wipedown followed by G5 application.

I use this glass polish with the right pads on my DA...

http://www.carpro.uk.com/ceriglass-glass-polish-cleaner-150ml-kit/

What.... I'm lost sorry...
Could you pm me,
Im new to this and don't want to bore you all..
a step by step guide pm's in full words would be useful.... Pweeeese x

Wow I need another list to buy just for windows....
I have issues as I blame @JD

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Look at the application videos made by GTechniq, they will help a lot.

G4 is a glass polish / cleaner, G5 is the sealant.

Clean the glass, ideally clay it as well. Use a glass polish like G4 to to remove everything, follow with an IPA or eraser to remove oils then the G5 glass coating

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've just washed, clayed and then given it a quick wipe over with Eraser before applying G5 and just wipe off with paper towels and seems to be working well according to those who's cars I've applied it to.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I need some organisation in my life...Detailing carry bags, Talk to me.

AF one looks decent but always out of stock, Can't decide whether to go 1 big bag or a few smaller dedicated bags.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks that way, Will see if they respond to that question, Think I might get the bag just to keep all my GT bits together.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nein! You were going to check flight times! :) I'll just order some, need other things anyway dude.