ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Nein! You were going to check flight times! :) I'll just order some, need other things anyway dude.

Ok cool, flight back is 7.30pm. You said taxi to airport from Central was 15, so call it an hour, gives us 2 hrs of banter pal!

@JD they did C3 smart carnuba, was a very nice product, but the QD I believe is aimed at topping up there coatings

So, this is Silo Seal C1.5 then? Or, what, erm, eh?!

New money old rope? They're probably diluting C2! :S

RO water costs money Kevings! Lots and lots of moula! ;)

yzy3uhy7.jpg

Cheers Auto Finesse team! Although the post room and I had a giggle over the size of the box ;) testing this weekend.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Polishedbliss on chemical guys hexlogic pads when asked if they'd stock them:

As above, I'm afraid not. We tested them out, and while the foams themselves are very good, the hex pattern is indeed a gimmick that does more harm than good. Flat pads are always your best choice and our go to range is Hydro-Tech by Lake Country (we're shortly going to be expanding our offering size-wise). :)

Never thought of them doing harm

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! The more answers I see from them the more biased they become.

The Chemical Guys stuff is a long story, everyone knows they are massive in America. Constant pressure pads are great but there is no way they are as user friendly. And via DA? Hex have always given me better results.

3m waffle? Yeah they'll be pants too... I hate the detailing industry at times.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great offer! I wish everywhere done the same stuff!!! Shinerama has about the best range!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah! They don't stock everything I needed, still managed to tot up about £60 after discount!

Ctr is a bargain on there! £40 after all discounts!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get Purple Haze Marc. 1/2 panels at a time. NOT THE WHOLE CAR.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Whats this?
Im looking on ebay so SN Micro Primes means nothing to me.

Was looking at Dodo Juice Lime Prime ?

Lime Prime is superb. I never have my box without a bottle.

Tripple is also really good but just that tad more fussy to use. Lime Prime under the Wax for me Marc.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What else should i think about getting for wheels along with other things.

I have just bought Dodo Juice Lime Prime & Pruple Haze, Do they do wheel cleaner ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They do I believe but others are better mate. Something like Auto Finesse imperial.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Anyone know where else Hydro2 is sold that has an offer currently on? Carpro is sold out :(

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Got some pound stretcher trim blackening spray the other day, must say i'm very happy with it and at a pound a can its just as good as any other trim blackening spray I've tried for alot less price! Used it on my tyres earlier as I've ran out of megs endurance tyre gel and it seems alright, not sure if it'll last though but gotta love a bargain! Will just have to see how long it lasts.

What do you guys use for trim blackening? I want to colour code at some point but moneys too tight for that right now.

Got some pound stretcher trim blackening spray the other day, must say i'm very happy with it and at a pound a can its just as good as any other trim blackening spray I've tried for alot less price! Used it on my tyres earlier as I've ran out of megs endurance tyre gel and it seems alright, not sure if it'll last though but gotta love a bargain! Will just have to see how long it lasts.

What do you guys use for trim blackening? I want to colour code at some point but moneys too tight for that right now.

Properly; Gtechniq C4
Or to tide you over; AutoFinesse Revive

Last edited:
Ah yeah isn't the C4 more like a dye than a spray?

It's a semi permanent crystal coating, a lot like a lacquer, so it's something you do if you're happy to have them looking new for a while. It doesn't take long to do, but the cost of it might put you off. If not, don't let the "semi-permanent" bit put you off, as when you come to colour code, you'll be sanding down anyway which will remove the coating.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
They're quite different tbh. IPA is better as a final degreaser though, just to make sure there are no fingerprint oils etc.

Surely iron x, clay and polish won't make a difference as the wheels are brand new.

Much like "brand new" cars, Tim, there may still be iron contaminant and I can comfortably say there'll be some sort of bonded contaminant on there from the manufacturing process. Better safe than sorry, but it is of course down to your opinion and time constraints. If it were me and I was going to the trouble of sealing them with C5, I'd want the best possible base for it to bond to.