ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
So my bare essentials basket is already at £80 and that's with just 1 of each pad, Think payday may have to visit before I increase my basket and hit buy :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Is ag shampoo conditioner PH neutral? If so, why does it eat lsp?

It takes more than pH value to affect waxes. J thought it was supposed to be LSP safe, so maybe it's leaving something behind that's giving its own water behaviour over the top of your existing protection?

will a gloss enhancers shampoo effect beading/cleaning of nano sealants?

like c2v3 G1 reload?

If the shampoo leaves anything behind over the top of your wax or sealant, then he water behaviour performs as per the final layer, as I said above

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It takes more than pH value to affect waxes. J thought it was supposed to be LSP safe, so maybe it's leaving something behind that's giving its own water behaviour over the top of your existing protection?

If the shampoo leaves anything behind over the top of your wax or sealant, then he water behaviour performs as per the final layer, as I said above

interesting. What else has an effect on lsp?

And what hat is a shampoo that doesn't leave anything behind? Or one that leaves decent water behaviour?

I was was going to buy af lather to replace my ag stuff

edit, here's the culprit ruining my wax

Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner contains a water repellent film. As you rinse off the shampoo the film stays behind causing the water to sheet off the surface, helping you to dry the car quicker.

http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/bodywork-shampoo-conditioner

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Still loving it then Ant?

I'm very pleased with the new formula AF Lather still have a little hubicote saved for when im bored

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep, not tried the new lather yet though as I was fobbed off with old stock haha. I just know it won't have that hubi smell though. Mmmmmm

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Hubiwash will be my next shampoo once Lather has run out unless something else groundbreaking comes out.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
would using clay ironX or tarX on a windscreen with G1 on remove or damage the coating?

Clay I would imagine would remove it. Tar X will harm it, if left to dwell will remove it (you have tar on your windscreen? Spot it it if you do) and Iron X I would imagine would be alright if not left too long, but its not overly necessary if its protected already :s

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My CG buckets are old and in solid condition. Buy another 2. So cheap and strong.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Clay I would imagine would remove it. Tar X will harm it, if left to dwell will remove it (you have tar on your windscreen? Spot it it if you do) and Iron X I would imagine would be alright if not left too long, but its not overly necessary if its protected already :s

want to use tar x and iron x on the car as want to change the sealant ect so will spray the car probably get it on the windscreen ect.

G1 isnt working very well now after 4 months tried glass polish made no difference so thought claying may help clean it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I used clay on glass coated with G1 and it cleaned the surface well and almost rejuvenated the G1. I didn't see a detrimental affect on the coating.

Can't see the need myself to use tar and iron removers on glass, coated or not

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
I used clay on glass coated with G1 and it cleaned the surface well and almost rejuvenated the G1. I didn't see a detrimental affect on the coating.

Can't see the need myself to use tar and iron removers on glass, coated or not

will give claying a go cant make it any worse. will test an area first see what happens.

wont use iron or tar removers directly on the glass was thinking more of the overspray and run off whilst washing it off.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm stuck with the glass on my new (second hand) car. It keeps going streaky, G5 doesn't last longer than a week and when it does work its very poor.

I've tried the following:
Glass cleaner
IPA
Clay
Polish
Oblitarate
APC

Nothing seems to remove the film of grease stopping the G5 from working properly.

Any suggestions?

CLS320 with a D6
My wife's car is shedding its skin. Looks like tha lacquer / clear coat. Can anything be done to sort this or prevent it from getting worse?

araqehad.jpg
daqybysa.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Afraid not mate. It can be wet sanded back but it's a road to ruin.

Looks like a poor previous paint job.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Anyone know much about the Gyeon range apart from the similarities to CarPro and the recent thread on it?

A few of their products, Cure, bathe+ and wetcoat have caught my attention.
@Scrooge I know you got a few bits how did you get on with them

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Still not happy with bathe even after Richards lengthy email so that's sitting redundant at the back of the cupboard. The clay is massively rubbish, did less than half a panel before I switched back to BH. It just didn't feel right, felt very damaging even with a lot of lube. I have q2 rim but that won't be used until my wheels are properly sorted.
Yellow Dave

Arctic 182
Hi guys, 2 problems if I may?!

The first being I bought the Nilfisk Centinal PW yesterday & still can't make the stupid plastic hose reel work! It's ridiculous & won't unreel properly. I've tried taking it off & winding it back 4-5 times & its still too tight & won't hold the reel properly. Anyone else found this or have any tips?!

Second, would anyone mind contacting a mod on the DW forum for me regarding my account please? Signed up a while ago but can't make posts as I haven't had an email confirming my account. Same name as on here.
Cheers for any help,
Chris.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It will work a little better once the hose has been used a few times and loosens off a bit. But with it mounted so high it still has a tendancy to pull the pressure washer over when undoing it.

With regards to DW, they probably discovered you're a member on CS.net so already on the blacklist. You should be able to email a mod still if it continues.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just used Cliotoby favourite product Sonax BSD on the Gf's car, Realised I had a sample from a Waxybox, Seemed to go on well and left a decent finish considering I had only given it a quick wash and dry.

Will probably be too dirty by the time it rains to notice any beading but definitely seemed like a decent product.

Arctic 182
It will work a little better once the hose has been used a few times and loosens off a bit. But with it mounted so high it still has a tendancy to pull the pressure washer over when undoing it.

With regards to DW, they probably discovered you're a member on CS.net so already on the blacklist. You should be able to email a mod still if it continues.

Thanks Dave, again haha!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just used @Cliotoby favourite product Sonax BSD on the Gf's car, Realised I had a sample from a Waxybox, Seemed to go on well and left a decent finish considering I had only given it a quick wash and dry.

Will probably be too dirty by the time it rains to notice any beading but definitely seemed like a decent product.

Beading is initially quite impressive, but I've not found it last unlike Cliotoby. It's better than C2 / Reload in terms of water behaviour but not hugely given all its hype

I still think application isn't all that nice when compared to a nice QD or spray sealant, but it seems to be helping a little with keeping the car cleaner so will stick with it for now.