ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Mini JCW
Well i've just gone and bought an R26 in black, with the lux pack (full leather interior) - after reading a huge thread on DW about cleaning leather I need your help guys.

Do I just clean and protect? Or condition? From what i've read a matte finish rather than a shiny finish is preferable?

Not a 320d
Scrubbing brush and all purpose cleaner. Job done. IPA alcohol to remove the shine if needed.

Protect with a gtechniq product to maintain the matt finish if required.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
right then lads, which one do i go for,

three M speed glaze
or
farecla finish glaze

this is going to be done on my car tommorow after iv gone over it with three M ultra se to remove some slight swirls.
( pearl black car if it helps)

opinions on which one to use ? pls

(btw my ' three' button has broken )

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'm thinking of trying out some AF TC as everyone seems to to raving about it at the moment. I take it that it will work fine over the top of my Glasur. I still have quite a bit of Chemical Guys Jetseal left from last year still though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Never sealant over wax, it won't bond properly and be an expensive waste of both products. Use just the sealant or wax over the top

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I didn't really like the leather stuff from af, it worked, but not as good as I thought

Try some dr. Leather wipes ;). No need for conditioner unless its very old natural leather

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You don't need conditioner mate, get the cleanser and leave it or protect with a gtechnic leather guard. Leather conditoners/milks are crap. Do some research mate, it'll open your eyes.

Cheers will take a look.

I have just seen L1 on CYC pretty cheap so may aswell try it.

Would you use a brush or pad with the cleaner

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
What is the best product to get quite bad scratches out of a windscreen? The mother in law put her wipers on with no rubber on them... Good move!!!

Cheers

Clio RS200
Would be easier if the pro detailers didn't abbreviate all the products tbh. If you're trying to tell a newbie what to get then it better to use products full names.

Mini JCW
Why the hell am I buying another black car? I swore after last time i'd never do it.

For winter, i'm looking for a durable sealant (i'm a wax fan myself, so this is my first attempt with sealants), I love the idea behind Opti-Coat 2.0, but it needs to be applied inside which isn't feasible for me :(

So..... other sealant suggestions guys?

Would be easier if the pro detailers didn't abbreviate all the products tbh. If you're trying to tell a newbie what to get then it better to use products full names.

I'm sure there are people out there still wondering what TBH means, but people will continue to use it...

Which abbreviations are you stuck on? If you are confused, ask - we're a friendly bunch (most of the time).

Why the hell am I buying another black car? I swore after last time i'd never do it.

For winter, i'm looking for a durable sealant (i'm a wax fan myself, so this is my first attempt with sealants), I love the idea behind Opti-Coat 2.0, but it needs to be applied inside which isn't feasible for me :(

So..... other sealant suggestions guys?

CQuartz, CQUK if you want it to cure quicker.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The range wont benefit, the people without a polisher will.

I can only think of the lake country and tri foams.ever really being proven as decent hand polish applicators

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A little trickier than most products mate. Easy via DA and finishing pad more than rotary. Shouldn't be too hard just make sure it doesn't dry out.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What would people recommend for restoring and protecting exterior plastic? Not after a shiny sort of look, just a new OEM finish.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I like AF revive, it beads :)

Revive and the usual trim restorers are only a short term thing. There's a couple of nano coatings (sealants) that are permanent (as near as they can be) but are expensive, but once there done will last upto 2 years. G-techniq and nanolex are the ones to try.

chris
DetailMe

Not a 320d
Im gunna strip mine down soon and apply tripple. not sure whats going on top though. May invest in some more FK1000p for winter and keep it topped up with something.

Mini JCW
How do you guys clean your drying towels? Everything i've read on DW indicates I need to chuck it in a dryer to get it 'fluffy' again - but I don't have a dryer, so it's just chucked in the washing machine @ 30 on a short spin cycle but when dried it's not exactly 'soft'?

/pauper

Not a 320d
I wash mine (4 yellow and 2 mammoth) in the washing machine, no detergent, 30 deg wash. I dont dry them either, keep them in a box with the lid on so they are always lightly damp as I find they work better that way. The washing machine spins f**k out of them and gets them to the point where they are just a bit damp anyway.

If I need to dry smaller MF cloths then i simply hang them over the radiator.