ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Iv never detailed my car
For somebody who is new and don't know products what will u recomend

Ie wax polish wheel care

Not got a da or anything

Cars collour is blue/gray

Clio 182, Astra Sri
An all in one would be what your looking for by had in my opinion

Auto glym srp
Ago finesse tripple
Britemax AIO

Clio 182, Astra Sri

Auto glym srp
Ago finesse tripple
Britemax AIO

Wheel cleaner I like autobrite very cherry (non acidic)

Wax my favourite is meguiars #16

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004

Auto glym srp
Ago finesse tripple
Britemax AIO

Wheel cleaner I like autobrite very cherry (non acidic)

Wax my favourite is meguiars #16

I'll look into that say if I did buy a polisher what would u recommend

Not a 320d
I'll look into that say if I did buy a polisher what would u recommend

I think you should learn to take care of your car first, by that I mean get your wash technique in order.

Stick with an AIO product first then top it with a wax or sealant.

Abarth 595
Can anyone recommend a good detailer in South Wales and what sort of price should I expect for a winter prep kinda thing?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
No idea what GardX is, but the foam, citrus power and SN shampoo are all pretty safe cleaners.

Ironx and oblitarate will go some way to remove it depending on what type of product it is, but I'd still recommend physical contact such as claying, pre wax cleanser with abrasives, maybe going over it by hand with a finishing polish.

Need a bit more info on it really if you have it

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Need some advice on best products for a winter detail on an RB cup. Nothing too adventureous, but swirl removal is top of the list. i have a das 6, ultimate compound, af tripple and some britemax blackmax.

would this be suitable?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Bit of an odd one, but what vacuums do you lot use?

I have a Henry at the moment, but he exploded a while back, managed to fix it but the suction has never really came back. Going to ask Santa for a new one, that fingers crossed could get into all the crevices of the car.

Would say between £50 and £100? Not fussed about it being a wet and dry, a blow function would be nice though

thanks

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Need some advice on best products for a winter detail on an RB cup. Nothing too adventureous, but swirl removal is top of the list. i have a das 6, ultimate compound, af tripple and some britemax blackmax.

would this be suitable?

never used ultimate compound but isn't it supposed to be fairly abrasive?

Tripple and blackmax are more glazes with good filling ability with a very minor amount of cut at the best. both will look awesome used via DA though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
So can someone tell me, what's the story with Kev?

surely I missed something other than the posting of a hoody? I need to contact him about an amigo sample

Iceberg 172
I have a week off work this week with nothing really planned so I have decided to detail my car, now thing is I haven't really detailed my car before so looking for advice on what products I can use and the methods of using them, today I have washed and clayed it so tomorrow I will start detailing. Thanks

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Bit of an odd one, but what vacuums do you lot use?

I have a Henry at the moment, but he exploded a while back, managed to fix it but the suction has never really came back. Going to ask Santa for a new one, that fingers crossed could get into all the crevices of the car.

Would say between £50 and £100? Not fussed about it being a wet and dry, a blow function would be nice though

thanks

Another Henry or a George so you can wet vac! It's all you ever need! ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
So what product should i be looking at for swirl/defect removal on an orange lake country pad?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
depends on the condition of the swirls, the hardness of your paint etc. unfortunately its not quite as simply as this product is what you need.

typically you're boing to need a polishing compound. start with the least abrasive and try from there look at the menzerna range of 106 and 203

Golf GT & A4 Avant
never used it, but itsn't that the harsher of the two compounds? not the best to start with unless you know what you're doing

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've watched people burn through clear coat with a DA with a light polishing pad and polish, before they even started on the cutting compound.

As I said, all depends on whether or not you know what you're doing. And without being rude, if you're asking questions like which polish should I use I would imagine your knowledge on paint correction is fairly minimal? If I'm wrong and you know what you're doing then give it a go. Just be aware of the problems if you geet it wrong

better to be safe than sorry, and it's very hard to give accurate advice over a forum without actually being there

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I do agree with yellow Dave, and you should be working from least aggressive and working up. Thing is, your looking at it in the wrong way, Your asking What shall i use with this one pad I've got. you really need a selection of pads and polishes.
However to answer your question the orange LC pads with Scholl S17 is a winner, and finishes down lurvely. Note: this is however with rotary an not DA.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i didn't say i only had one pad, i just presumed that i'd need to use the one with the most cut. I've got 3 pads, orange, white, black, I had a go with ultimate compound and the orange pad, and AF tripple on the white pad on the trophy bonnet and it came up well, but still had some swirls present.

Not a 320d
green LC and menz power finish (old) is sufficient to tackle my clio. though ive started using P1 as my one step polish now and ive not tried it on clio paint.

What colour car?

Racing blue is pretty tough. I think i settled with Megs 105 and a green LC for that as it was pretty hard. 105 does finish down very well for a compound however so provided the pad itself isnt properly abrasive then you could achieve decent results.

All depends on the severity of the swirls. Also tripple would never correct as its more of a filler glaze/cleaner/sealant.

Not a 320d
Stealerships just washed my car.

SO SO GUTTED.

Literally just polished and protected it for winter as they stripped it down and fucked it up a few weeks ago when they went to determine the problem of something.

FML.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I do agree with yellow Dave, and you should be working from least aggressive and working up. Thing is, your looking at it in the wrong way, Your asking What shall i use with this one pad I've got. you really need a selection of pads and polishes.
However to answer your question the orange LC pads with Scholl S17 is a winner, and finishes down lurvely. Note: this is however with rotary an not DA.

Dude I wasn't having a pop, thing is you need to try and asses all panels individually. (Ideally with a paint thickness gauge). You could attack oem paint say on the roof with an aggressive compound, then move onto the bonnet that could of had a blow in,and would strip the clear coat straight off. So safest way is to check what level of polish and pad is required on the panel your working on. Start easy and work up untill you find the combo that corrects as required. No two cars with the same colour paint are the same usually. You can hit the panel more than once to correct, and also its worth remembering that the more aggressive the combo, more chance you will need other polishes and pads to refine the finish.
Chris
DetailMe

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
So you say tripple would never correct, but yellow dave says "I've watched people burn through clear coat with a DA with a light polishing pad and polish"