ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
when did the sponsorship happen? missed that!

The guys and girls at AF are top people, are always helpfull. It's bits like this that will encourage my custom. It's also helped by the fact their range aren't half bad!

They'vesent me a new prototype wax sample to try out, so will report once I've had a chance to try it out

172 cup
I have never clayed a car before so would which BH to get, regular or soft?

or a good one for a newbie as I cant seem to fin BH clay in i4detailing?

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Agreed Chattters.

Personal experience, of course I get that, but very surprised. Side by side test with AF Mercury and Autosol on a four exhaust car showed massively different results after using the same pressure, technique, MF only etc.

Maybe I'm being a spanner. and just not noticing as i've never used them side by side. I don't like change, that's also a problem. Any pics?

Maybe I'm being a spanner. and just not noticing as i've never used them side by side. I don't like change, that's also a problem. Any pics?

You and me both. Only reason I did was dad asked me to do the R8, so figured it was a perfect "location" to do tests. No photos of side by side, it was for my own interest. Might have some basic photos somewhere that I can dig out, but it will just be of a clean exhaust... lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'll take your word for it, may have a play next time something comes down the unit with dual exhausts.

Need to sort all my detailing gear as my worktop is full and I keep forgetting what I have :(

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'll take your word for it, may have a play next time something comes down the unit with dual exhausts.

Need to sort all my detailing gear as my worktop is full and I keep forgetting what I have :(

Feel free to use mine :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm meant to be giving it a full protection detail this weekend actually, weather better f**king stay dry!

Brings me onto to a question for everyone. The Abarth has a lot of stickers, any particular products I should avoid getting on them? IronX, etc? The chequred roof is going to be fun to polish :dapprove:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Products not so much, I have an AMD vinyl sticker on my boot and it gets balsted with all sorts (tardis, tfr, iron x etc) and is still going strong. Your biggest problem will be the polish/compound/whatever building up around the edges of the stickers.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That's a good point Ant. I'll just be extra careful I think! Won't be using the pressure washer with them either.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The roof and sidestripes are staying. I'll get the hairdryer on the bonnet scorpion at the weekend :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Erm, Tripple, Amigo and AG HD as the LSP. I could do with a new wax, but have better things to spend money on currently! Got some Bilberry/IronX for the wheels, but nothing to seal them with unfortunately.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Sounds good mate

Just throw some AG HD on the wheels for now and if they're minty mint invest in the gtechniq stuff for wheels.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Need to replace my wax as my R222 has recently ran out. I fancy trying something different could anyone recommend something for Titanium Silver that gives decent results?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Obviously R222 isn't the most durable so are you happy with re-applying every now and again?

Budget?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A sealant would definitely be my suggestion.

20% off. Rejuvenate or Tripple and TC combo?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
What is it about the finish you like the most?

Glow, flake etc?

I've recently put up a thread where I've used a mixture of lsp to monitor the results and durability

Gonna but up some better photos in daylight tomorrow so have a ganders and see what you think.

Best all rounder for titanium IMO is AG HD.

Autofinesse waxes really make the flake pop aswel, I've got spirit on the bonnet and it looks amazing

Clio 182, Astra Sri
A sealant would definitely be my suggestion.

20% off. Rejuvenate or Tripple and TC combo?

I would agree with silver in general is better to be sealed.

But titanium has insane metallic flake and in my experience the sealants mute it, could be just me of course

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Obviously R222 isn't the most durable so are you happy with re-applying every now and again?

Budget?

Yeah, normally apply on a monthly basis so not worried about the durability so much but would be nice to have something slightly more durable I guess.

Budget.. Erm, not silly money ~£50

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Bouncers 22!

It is logically a £60 wax, because most wax pots are 200ml, but bouncers is 100ml for £30

Defo reccomend it

Any of the bouncer range seems to be getting good feedback tbh, I haven't tried sherbet fizz yet but tried the 22 and vanilla ice. Love them. Have a real special feel to them,

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
What is it about the finish you like the most?

Glow, flake etc?

I've recently put up a thread where I've used a mixture of lsp to monitor the results and durability

Gonna but up some better photos in daylight tomorrow so have a ganders and see what you think.

Best all rounder for titanium IMO is AG HD.

Autofinesse waxes really make the flake pop aswel, I've got spirit on the bonnet and it looks amazing

I love the metallic flake in the paint, best colour in the sun.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Good read that was!

Need to try aerospace sometime. Seems expensive though?! Is it just because you can spray and leave, whereas the other products in this category require some actual work to get good results

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Most temporary trim products require the same amount of work (G4 etc aside), but a bottle will last a LONG time.

I can't comment on the highly regarded AF revive.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Ive got revive, really like it.

But tried gtechniq permanent trim today, I though it would be difficult and I'd run Into problems. But it was easy as f**k, was quite suprised :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah, on trim its hard to go too wrong really. Paint is another matter though. If you've got G4 there's not much point in getting Aero303

8F1E0A89-3EEB-431A-9B30-F44F1452199A-10736-0000061FA571BE4D.jpg

Most recent use ^

172 cup
This may be a silly question but here it goes, If/when i get the hang of using my new DA i was thinikng of doing my wifes car. However on the rear bumper there is a scuff which someone nicely left in a carpark. Most of the scuff seem to be in the clearcoat but a few scratches have gonr to the paint plastic.

What should I do regarding poilish an area like this? stay way completely?